Gov. Rick Perry is Obama's Worst Nightmare

What did he do to you that makes you SO mad?

The secession thing.

That enrages me. I am serious about that. I love this country. No one..NO ONE should even utter that. We had an unbelievably brutal war over that issue. I can't fathom anyone wanting to kick up that shitstorm again.

Blame Lincoln. He took away most of states rights. I'm for the state way more than the federal government.

States started to secede even before Lincoln took office

Feel free to back that shit up.

We kicked your asses roundly once.

And Liberals make the most fierce..if reluctant warriors.

It's been almost 150 years since the Civil War.

A lot has changed.

It doesn't have anything to do with who is tougher, or stronger.

The blue states of the North today wouldn't care enough to put their lives at risk to keep the country together.

They don't, in general, have the fire in their bellies to die for their beliefs.

They would make speeches, and resolutions, but fight?...I don't think so.

Kicked your asses before.....we'd do it again

I don't think the North could even muster a civilian militia today, much less fight a war.

I hope this treasonous, murdering and traitorous piece of filth does run. Perry's from a state filled with traitors. And there will be a national spotlight on that.

State filled with traitors? Why do you say that? If anything, Texas is probably one of the most patriotic states in this country

I am all for state autonomy. In that each state is unique and that each state has a valid view in terms of exactly how to govern it's citizens. And that I think works great. What might work in New York might never work in Utah. I am fine with that.

To the extent no citizen’s fundamental rights are violated or substantive due process ignored; all states are subject to the rule of law.

Search through my posts LBT.

If me and Perry were in the same room..security guards would be holding me down.

What did he do to you that makes you SO mad?

The secession thing.

That enrages me. I am serious about that. I love this country. No one..NO ONE should even utter that. We had an unbelievably brutal war over that issue. I can't fathom anyone wanting to kick up that shitstorm again.

The liberal media pimps are working overtime on that one..

Don't get caught up in the spin.. it's just fear mongering really..

I wouldn't worry too much about it..

I am not for "states rights". Especially those "states rights" that include the right of one human being to own another. I am all for state autonomy. In that each state is unique and that each state has a valid view in terms of exactly how to govern it's citizens. And that I think works great. What might work in New York might never work in Utah. I am fine with that. I am absolutely NOT fine with any state or governor telling the federal government they have the "right" to secede from the Union. They absolutely do not. And such talk is traitorous. It brought about one of the bloodiest most horrible wars in American history. I can't imagine anyone..in this country..that would want to return to that.

We don't have to worry about that...the Blue States don't have the intestinal fortitude to fight.

Feel free to back that ,scatological reference omitted> up.

I don't suppose all the celebs threatening expatriation if Bush were elected has never crossed your radar as an offensive thing, has it? You know, Baldwin, Altman, Streisand, Salinger, et al.

Top 10 Things Texas Gov. Rick Perry Doesn

(1) PERRY ALLOWED THE EXECUTION OF A LIKELY INNOCENT MAN, THEN IMPEDED AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE MATTER: In 2004, Cameron Todd Willingham was executed in Huntsville, Texas after being convicted of arson and the murder of his three children. Even after significant evidence emerged showing that arson had not caused the fire (thus exonerating Willingham), Perry refused to grant a stay of execution. Five years after Willingham was executed, a report from a Texas Forensic Science Commission investigator found that the fire could not have been arson. As the commission prepared to hear testimony from the investigator in October 2009, Perry quickly fired and replaced three of its members, forcing an indefinite delay in the hearing.

[....]

(6) PERRY GUTTED CHILDCARE SERVICES EVEN AS TEXAS CHILDHOOD POVERTY HIT 25 PERCENT: Facing a $27 billion budget deficit this year, Perry decided to gut child support services, despite a report from the Center for Public Policy Priorities that found nearly one in four Texas children lived beneath the poverty line. Instead of raising revenue like California, a state facing a similarly sized deficit, Perry scaled back more than $10 billion of child support over two years. As Think Progress’ Pat Garofalo noted, these cuts were proposed despite Texas’ possession of a $8.2 billion rainy day fund.

(7) PERRY WAS A STRONG SUPPORTER OF TEXAS’S ANTI-SODOMY LAWS: Perry was a strong proponent of Texas’s anti-sodomy law that was struck down in 2003 by the Supreme Court in Lawrence v. Texas. Calling the law “appropriate,” Perry dismissed the Court decision as the result of “nine oligarchs in robes.” Even after being struck down, Perry supported the Texas legislature’s refusal to remove the law from its books.

(8) PERRY IS A STIMULUS HYPOCRITE WHO LOUDLY CRITICIZED FEDERAL RECOVERY MONEY BUT USED IT TO BALANCE HIS STATE’S BUDGET: As the nation struggled to avoid economic collapse in 2009, Perry was a vocal critic of Congress’s recovery package, even advocating that Texas reject the money because “we can take care of ourselves.” Months later, after Perry was able to balance the state’s budget only with the aid of billions in federal stimulus dollars, Perry again repeated that he would reject federal funding, arguing that the government “spends money they don’t have.” Five months later, Perry again took advantage of federal funding to issue $2 billion in bonds for highway improvements in Texas. Even so, the state faces a $27 billion budget deficit.

Good guy :thup:.

We don't have to worry about that...the Blue States don't have the intestinal fortitude to fight.

I don't suppose all the celebs threatening expatriation if Bush were elected has never crossed your radar as an offensive thing, has it? You know, Baldwin, Altman, Streisand, Salinger, et al.

How many of them ran for president?

It's been almost 150 years since the Civil War.

A lot has changed.

It doesn't have anything to do with who is tougher, or stronger.

The blue states of the North today wouldn't care enough to put their lives at risk to keep the country together.

They don't, in general, have the fire in their bellies to die for their beliefs.

They would make speeches, and resolutions, but fight?...I don't think so.

I don't think the North could even muster a civilian militia today, much less fight a war.

You secede from the United States not from the North
The United States has the strongest army in the history of mankind

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Cal
It looks as if Gov. Perry is giving a run some serious consideration. I wonder who he'll pick as his running mate? I wonder if Herman Cain would piss off the racist demonRats???

Ask Alan Keyes how it worked out being the token black republican running against Obama.
What happened to Keyes' career after his senate run?

How many of them ran for president?

Baldwin is talking about seeking public office; Salinger served in the Kennedy WH and carried out his threat by moving to France.

None has yet run for POTUS.

And Rick Perry is not in the race to the best of my knowledge

Last edited:

You secede from the United States not from the North
The United States has the strongest army in the history of mankind

...that comes predominantly from the South...not the North.
Additionally, the data for 2004 and 2005 confirm the strong military tradition in the South. In each year from 2003 through 2005, approximately 38 percent of the U.S. population resided in Southern states. In 2003, 43.82 percent of military recruits listed Southern hometowns. Southern representation among recruits remained consistent with 43.49 percent in 2004 and 43.8 percent in 2005. (See Table 8.)

Only 35 percent come from the North and the rest are from the West.

So I don't think you can depend on the Army to fight for you.

You need to pick up a rifle and volunteer to fight and die yourself.

I don't think enough Northerners care enough to do that.

Life is too easy, too comfortable, too soft.

Last edited:
We can see the thought or Rick Perry getting in the race has the heathen population all nervous. The hate and insult machine is being greased up.

Like what they did to McCain in South Carolina claiming he had a black child out of wedlock? OH WAIT. That was the Repub slime machine :lol: :clap2:

Last edited:

It would have been so sweet had they all left to, but even they know this is the greatest country to live in so they stayed, even though they do openly try to dismantle it through ignorance.

Now that Newt Gingrich's top campaign staff have bailed and heading for Austin, I'm sure Obama will be reminiscing last year when Rick Perry had to hand Obama a letter about border security. Obama barely returned Perry's hand shake that day at the air port. I've never seen a President treat a Governor that way, especially in the Governor's home state. This was before the Nov. elections and Obama was still fling high.

Perry has not announced it yet, but he has said very recently he "may run".

I've been to two Rick Perry speeches. I thought both times ,"this man is going to be President one day". He is extremely Presidential without trying to be. He has kept Texas' economy the most vibrant in the USA.

The way I see it, if Gov. Perry runs, Perry wins 2012 by default and by a landslide.

He is an asshole. He is selling Texas to Mexico.

It looks as if Gov. Perry is giving a run some serious consideration. I wonder who he'll pick as his running mate? I wonder if Herman Cain would piss off the racist demonRats???

Ask Alan Keyes how it worked out being the token black republican running against Obama.

It was all those racists on the left that destroyed him......wait a second, only those on the right are racist......I'm confused. :(

It was all those racists on the left that destroyed him......wait a second, only those on the right are racist......I'm confused. :(

how do you figure?? he couldn't expect anyone to the left of atilla the hun to vote for him. so where was all that rightwingnut support for keyes once his usefulness against obama was over?
:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back