Got an Electric bike

I remember a cartoon I saw decades ago

There was a guy in a convertible on a california freeway and he was offering a ride to a hobo

The guy walking declines saying “No thanks, I’m in s hurry”

Sometimes alternative transportation is not always a bad idea

And you can cover a lot more territory as well, for when you just want to cruise and check out the scenery.

Yes. One reason I got the Samsung battery. I have a fireproof tub to charge it in, they told me not use an extensions cord but I the ones Lowes carries that are supposedly rated at 14 amps. Not sure what the charger I got pulls so don't know if they meant the commercial grade cords or the cheap crappy thin ones for home use or not. When I have to charge it I will look into that more thoroughly. I have an outside electrical outlet on the front porch, but none in the back.
Just that in the news here in the UK, a family were charging an e-bike and it caught fire. The guy managed to climb out of the window, but his wife and two kids perished.

Same with EV's, never keep them in the garage, keep all this stuff clear of your residence. Even when you think the fire was put out, they can still keep on reigniting for days afterwards.

... and just took my first ride. I live in a hilly area, and I did 30 miles without having to get past 'Pedal Assist 2', and didn't even budge the juice in the battery. Pretty cool, and extremely useful on steep hills. Was surprisingly easy to pedal, considering the weight and the fat tires. I'm hooked. I'm still wobbly on it, haven't ridden a bike in decades, but I managed to not wreck it and kill myself. Not yet anyway lol.

I can see getting killed on the thing at the higher speeds, but I took the steepest hill around here, a long pull then a really steep incline at the end for about a mile and it did fine at 'pedal Assist 2'; it goes up to 7, which I will probably never even try. 500 Watt motor, Samsung made 48 V battery. Will carry over 400#, and you can make or buy cargo trailers for them.

Only odd thing I had to get used to was the front basket not turning when I turned the front wheel, lol; very distracting at first.
EV?

RINO!

EV?

RINO!

Rubbish. Both Parties here would deport me, so that isn't even a thing, tard.

As for EV's, buy all of them you want, just don't subsidize them or give them tax breaks, is all. That alone would kill them off. Bike Ev's are small potatoes, and very viable. No welfare and subsidies for them, and all kinds of innovation. Lot less hassle than IC motors and don't require tags and license plates either.

Last edited:
Rubbish. Both Parties here would deport me, so that isn't even a thing, tard.

As for EV's, buy all of them you want, just don't subsidize them or give them tax breaks, is all. That alone would kill them off. Bike Ev's are small potatoes, and very viable. No welfare and subsidies for them, and all kinds of innovation. Lot less hassle than IC motors and don't require tags and license plates either.
You people are hilarious.
Stick with me now...
not everything is life or death.
In fact, most things exist to be made fun of.
So
Take a chill pill
The world is too serious to be taken seriously.

You people are hilarious.
Stick with me now...
not everything is life or death.
In fact, most things exist to be made fun of.
So
Take a chill pill
The world is too serious to be taken seriously.
When you pick Dudley’s pocket to pay for your EV that deserves to be taken seriously

When you pick Dudley’s pocket to pay for your EV that deserves to be taken seriously
But picking my pocket for oil and gas subsidies and the cost of the pollution they bring is perfectly fine?

The hypocrisy of MAGGADUMIA is often breathtaking.

But picking my pocket for oil and gas subsidies and the cost of the pollution they bring is perfectly fine?

The hypocrisy of MAGGADUMIA is often breathtaking.
The oil industry pays billions in taxes each year

But if you want to end all tax incentives for everyone everywhere I ‘ll go along

You dont of course, only the subsidies that you dont like

Am I correct?

My question would be
Why are you riding a bike?

For exercise or to get from Point A to Point B?

If it is exercise, wouldn’t a traditional bike be better?
If it is to get around, why not just ride an electric scooter?

We ride our regular bikes around in the state parks where we camp. At least twice a day we take a fairly long walk/ride to see the sunrise and the sunset. If the dog comes with us, I ride and she walks Roscoe. If not, we both ride.

The plan is to get 2 e-bikes and a trailer for the dog to ride in.

The oil industry pays billions in taxes each year

But if you want to end all tax incentives for everyone everywhere I ‘ll go along

You dont of course, only the subsidies that you dont like

Am I correct?
I pay taxes but the government doesn't clean up my messes or use the military to protect my yard.

subsidies that serve the public are good.
Subsidies that enhance the bottom line of privately owned corporations at the cost of health and environmental damage are bad.

Do you like those subsidies that:
Allow you to drive on public roads?
Pay for the police and fire department in your town?

Perhaps considering your own hypocrisy is best before demanding others do the same.

I pay taxes but the government doesn't clean up my messes or use the military to protect my yard.

subsidies that serve the public are good.
Subsidies that enhance the bottom line of privately owned corporations at the cost of health and environmental damage are bad.

Do you like those subsidies that:
Allow you to drive on public roads?
Pay for the police and fire department in your town?

Perhaps considering your own hypocrisy is best before demanding others do the same.
So if I agree to public highways that gives you the authority to declare a communist system for everything?

I dont think so

So if I agree to public highways that gives you the authority to declare a communist system for everything?

I dont think so
That you do not understand "communist" while celebrating "communist" subsidies to industries you like is not surprising.

That you do not understand "communist" while celebrating "communist" subsidies to industries you like is not surprising.
I have not celebrated subsidies and even offered to end all of them

Which puts me way ahead of you

I have not celebrated subsidies and even offered to end all of them

Which puts me way ahead of you
You celebrate oil subsidies.
Call other subsidies "communist"

You certainly exceed my hypocrisy quotient.

Okay, 2nd long ride today, I learned: Turn off the power assist or turn it down to zero when you need to slow way down to do a U turn ... you could sprain something or throw yourself off ... very embarrassing in front of people .... kids had a great time watching it, though.

Forum List

Back