Doctor gave me oxybutynin

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
I have an over active bladder so they gave me this stuff. After reading about the side effects and stuff there was a section labeled things to avoid while taking this drug. I lol when I read not to take oxybutynin when taking oxybutynin. Jeez.

I have an over active bladder so they gave me this stuff. After reading about the side effects and stuff there was a section labeled things to avoid while taking this drug. I lol when I read not to take oxybutynin when taking oxybutynin. Jeez.
Sounds like they gave you the one that’s mixed with magic mushrooms

If you have an enlarged prostate, you need a drug to help you EMPTY your bladder, not keep you from peeing. That's what my Doc told me. Maybe get some more info from your Doc....Good luck.
They told me it helped to decrease muscle spasms in the bladder that can cause you to feel like you have to go a lot. That's what I do. I feel like I have to go and when I do not all of it comes out, sometimes very little does.

What is your AC1 number? Diabetes or pre-Diabetes can make you pee a lot, too; also drinking a case of beer or carbonated water 5 minute s before going to bed will do it as well.

They told me it helped to decrease muscle spasms in the bladder that can cause you to feel like you have to go a lot. That's what I do. I feel like I have to go and when I do not all of it comes out, sometimes very little does.
Yeah that's typical of enlarged prostate. It doesn't all come out so you go more. I'm taking Tamsulosin
Maybe talk to your Doc seems like the symptoms could be similar.

What is your AC1 number? Diabetes or pre-Diabetes can make you pee a lot, too; also drinking a case of beer or carbonated water 5 minute s before going to bed will do it as well.
I don't know. They did blood work and the doc said everything looked good except I needed to use a little more salt in my food. I quit drinking beer a while back but usually have a few glasses of red wine.

I don't know. They did blood work and the doc said everything looked good except I needed to use a little more salt in my food. I quit drinking beer a while back but usually have a few glasses of red wine.

I take a medication that depletes my sodium so I have to work on keeping it up, and it helps to drink pickle brine. I don't much care for pickles except in tartar sauce, but I buy these guys just for the brine -- best there is.

1697757650895.png

He would have said something if it were high, so you're good there; prostate stuff is much less serious.

Forum List

Back