GOP poisons children with lead tainted water. It's OK, they're poor.

R

rdean

In Flint, Mich., there’s so much lead in children’s blood that a state of emergency is declared

The suit, which claims to represent “tens of thousands of residents,” alleges that the city and state officials “deliberately deprived” them of their 14th Amendment rights by replacing formerly safe drinking water with a cheaper alternative that was known to be highly toxic.

“For more than 18 months, state and local government officials ignored irrefutable evidence that the water pumped from the Flint River exposed [residents] to extreme toxicity,” the complaint reads. “The deliberately false denials about the safety of the Flint River water was as deadly as it was arrogant.”

LeeAnn Walters, a Flint resident and mother of 4-year-old twins, took every precaution after blood tests revealed that the level of lead in one of her sons had soared after the switch to Flint River.

“I was hysterical,” Walters told the Free Press. “I cried when they gave me my first lead report.”

She had feared lead was the problem when her whole family developed rashes and her son stopped gaining weight.

Toxic Water In Michigan Begins And Ends With Governor Rick Snyder

I cannot recall an instance in my lifetime where an entire city’s population was poisoned with a tasteless, odorless, powerful toxin thanks the actions of their state government that knew what was happening for MONTHS before any action was taken. This will become the legacy of Rick Snyder and his administration. It’s obscene. It’s a scandal. And people should go to prison.

----------------------------------------------

They knew they were poisoning people for 18 months. A doctor, a private citizen paid for the independent study because Republicans running the state simply didn't care. Come on, it's a Republican administration. Is it really any surprise???? Poisoning an entire city because it's cheaper and they are mostly poor? From the GOP perspective, it makes sense, right?

Yep, I've been watching Rachel Maddow cover this story for a few days. It's nasty. Michigan Governor Rick Snyder should be in prison!

The city of Flint is run by democrats.
The city of Flint OPTED to use that water as a budget cutter.
They COULD have stayed on the existing CLEANER system.
Oh wow, I didn't know that. Quick, post your links.

Every person involved in the decisions answered directly to the Governor, and he was consulted every step of the way. It was his call.
The governor of Michigan OPTED to use that water as a budget cutter.
He COULD have stayed on the existing CLEANER system

Every person involved in the decisions answered directly to the Governor, and he was consulted every step of the way. It was his call.

The City of Houston has been run by Democrats.
The State is run more by GOP. All the destruction, waste, debts and passage of unconstitutional Houston ordinances later contested and defeated in court were under Democrat administrations.

If the Democrats in charge of cities are going to blame the Republican Governors like whiny victims,
do you still want them in charge of running cities? Sorry BULLDOG but that sounds even worse!

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Quick, post your links.
"
On March 25, 2013, then-state Treasurer Andy Dillon and Gov. Rick Snyder’s chief of staff, Dennis Muchmore, held a telephone conversation about “Flint water supply alternatives,” according to records obtained by the Free Press under FOIA.

Later that evening, the Flint City Council, which was under a state-appointed emergency manager, voted 7-1 in favor of a switch in the source of its water supply from the City of Detroit to a new Karegnondi Water Authority, a move that would ultimately lead to Flint using corrosive water from the Flint River as an interim source, which produced drinking water with unsafe levels of lead."

Democrats KNEW two years ago they WOULD be putting lead IN the water..
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...ked-flint-water-supply-alternatives/76175392/

In Flint, Mich., there’s so much lead in children’s blood that a state of emergency is declared

The suit, which claims to represent “tens of thousands of residents,” alleges that the city and state officials “deliberately deprived” them of their 14th Amendment rights by replacing formerly safe drinking water with a cheaper alternative that was known to be highly toxic.

“For more than 18 months, state and local government officials ignored irrefutable evidence that the water pumped from the Flint River exposed [residents] to extreme toxicity,” the complaint reads. “The deliberately false denials about the safety of the Flint River water was as deadly as it was arrogant.”

LeeAnn Walters, a Flint resident and mother of 4-year-old twins, took every precaution after blood tests revealed that the level of lead in one of her sons had soared after the switch to Flint River.

“I was hysterical,” Walters told the Free Press. “I cried when they gave me my first lead report.”

She had feared lead was the problem when her whole family developed rashes and her son stopped gaining weight.

I cannot recall an instance in my lifetime where an entire city’s population was poisoned with a tasteless, odorless, powerful toxin thanks the actions of their state government that knew what was happening for MONTHS before any action was taken. This will become the legacy of Rick Snyder and his administration. It’s obscene. It’s a scandal. And people should go to prison.

They knew they were poisoning people for 18 months. A doctor, a private citizen paid for the independent study because Republicans running the state simply didn't care. Come on, it's a Republican administration. Is it really any surprise???? Poisoning an entire city because it's cheaper and they are mostly poor? From the GOP perspective, it makes sense, right?

Dayne Walling (born 000000001974-03-03-0000March 3, 1974) was the mayor of Flint, Michigan from 2009-2015. Although the Flint mayor's office is a nonpartisan position, Walling is a member of the Democratic Party.[2]

Dayne Walling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Those evil Republicans. LOL!
Were you born a fucktard, or did you suffer a serious brain injury?

Where were the Greens when all this was happening?
Silenced by both the Dems and the GOP?
If the other two major parties are too busying bullying each other down for points in the media,
why not enlist the Green Party to address environmental issues as their fulltime job?
Especially if all we are ever going to get from the other two is them blaming each other,
so neither has to take responsibility for cleaning up or preventing such messes....

The State is run more by GOP. All the destruction, waste, debts and passage of unconstitutional Houston ordinances later contested and defeated in court were under Democrat administrations.

If the Democrats in charge of cities are going to blame the Republican Governors like whiny victims,
do you still want them in charge of running cities? Sorry BULLDOG but that sounds even worse!

The city of Flint is run by Emergency Manager Jerry Ambrose, appointed by Governor Synder.

Of course I do. The GOP undermined Ms Parker every chance possible. Obstructing progress is all republicans are capable of.

No matter how much damage the democrats do, it's always the republicans fault.

any wonder I can't stand either party?

Houston. Hmmm, where have I heard that name. Oh yea, that's right. Houston is in fucking Texas.

U.S. states most affected by industrial air pollution
Rank U.S. States Industrial Toxic Air Pollution (Millions of Pounds)
1 Ohio 58.66
2 Kentucky 51.87
3 Texas 41.58
4 Indiana 40.37

most polluted states in the us - Google Search

Is this the atypical democratic response. Create the problem, make,the problem worse, be unable to fix the problem, blame it on republicans who had nothing to do with the problem by saying they are heartless money grubbers. The dems in flint are to blame for this, no one else.

Those dirty fucken democrats....

Forum List

Back