GOP poisons children with lead tainted water. It's OK, they're poor.

No matter how much damage the democrats do, it's always the republicans fault.

any wonder I can't stand either party?
I'm sorry, somehow you examples didn't come up. Care to list them again?

Try looking at your thread, and the Democratic mayors, past and present, of Flint.

and keep trying to blame it on the governor.

The city of Flint is run by democrats.
The city of Flint OPTED to use that water as a budget cutter.
They COULD have stayed on the existing CLEANER system.

Every person involved in the decisions answered directly to the Governor, and he was consulted every step of the way. It was his call.
The governor of Michigan OPTED to use that water as a budget cutter.
He COULD have stayed on the existing CLEANER system

The City of Houston has been run by Democrats.
The State is run more by GOP. All the destruction, waste, debts and passage of unconstitutional Houston ordinances later contested and defeated in court were under Democrat administrations.

If the Democrats in charge of cities are going to blame the Republican Governors like whiny victims,
do you still want them in charge of running cities? Sorry BULLDOG but that sounds even worse!

Of course I do. The GOP undermined Ms Parker every chance possible. Obstructing progress is all republicans are capable of.

When it comes to passing unconstitutional laws, there should be a check on govt.

Are we talking about the same issues? BULLDOG

1. Parker passed the red light camera ordinance later struck down by courts as unconstitutional.
Taxpayers were still stuck with paying over 4.8 million to the camera company making money off extended yellow lights done on purpose to pay for the program, as well as paying tickets while the cameras were in use. Some citizens complained of getting tickets when officers waved them to run red lights, and the system didn't account for that exception.

2. Parker passed the homeless ordinance that is contested to this day, even by her own political mentor who is a rock star with the liberal Democrats. Under that ordinance, individual citizens and ministries/charities cannot serve the homeless downtown, so only the larger nonprofits who meet qualifications such as having a permanent address and other conditions can get all the grants. The religious groups argued this was a violation of religious freedom to regulate charitable outreach. One nonprofit I know had their volunteers personally threatened with arrest and fines for doing volunteer outreach they are called to do. So they are being forced to either compromise their spiritual beliefs or violate civil authority.

3. The HERO or equal rights ordinance might have passed if the gay lobby hadn't insisted on tagging on a faith-based issue about gender beyond what is recognized legally in Texas. Physical gender is proven by science and established legally by birth certificate. Anything faith based about orientation and gender is not proven; so those beliefs are EQUAL with beliefs that do not recognize these.
That issue should not have been put to a vote and pit one belief or creed against another.
Either result would be unconstitutional by denying and discriminating against the equal belief and creed of the other side. That was set up to be a failure from the start, yet it cost thousands if not millions on both sides to lobby back and forth for their own beliefs that are ideally equal under law.

Which of these unconstitutional ordinances are you saying that Parker had the right to pass against the free will, beliefs and consent of over half of the citizens and taxpayers affected by these policies?

P.S. even if you are for equality, there are correct ways to establish that without violating the beliefs of one side or another and starting a constitutional battle to defend creeds equally.
to clean up Houston streets and downtown from homeless solicitation, there are ways to do this without passing ordinances violating religious freedom of service providers. if the Democrats would listen to the objections and opponents and correct the issues BEFORE passing laws, then maybe this wouldn't keep happening. But they seem to keep playing this game of "victim" and passing a flawed law, knowing it is opposed, then blaming the opposition for contesting the flaw they never corrected, knowing it was there the whole time. Why repeat this same mistake?!

Last edited:
You want an idea there Rderp as crazy but MORE possible then that CRAP you are saying?

The City of Flint in order to INSURE more democrat voters on PURPOSE switched to lead in the water to turn their children into RETARDS which IS the side effect of lead in order to secure MORE democrat voters in the future.

It’s obscene. It’s a scandal. And people should go to prison.

GIF-disgusted-hell-no-skeptical-surprised-Urkel-WTF-GIF.gif

And never let a good crisis go to waste. Oh, and don't forget to blame the GOP for poisoning children. Well, I know what Santa's getting you for Christmas. A few dozen lumps of coal in your stocking. Like the liberal you are, you'll confuse them for candy. You'll suck on those for a while, and when you get sick you'll accuse Santa Claus of being a GOP operative.

You want an idea there Rderp as crazy but MORE possible then that CRAP you are saying?

The City of Flint in order to INSURE more democrat voters on PURPOSE switched to lead in the water to turn their children into RETARDS which IS the side effect of lead in order to secure MORE democrat voters in the future.

Haha this thread should be moved under Conspiracy.
If the Democrats did this to their own constituents to keep them retarded?
I think you just put half the 9/11 truthers to shame.

In Flint, Mich., there’s so much lead in children’s blood that a state of emergency is declared

The suit, which claims to represent “tens of thousands of residents,” alleges that the city and state officials “deliberately deprived” them of their 14th Amendment rights by replacing formerly safe drinking water with a cheaper alternative that was known to be highly toxic.

“For more than 18 months, state and local government officials ignored irrefutable evidence that the water pumped from the Flint River exposed [residents] to extreme toxicity,” the complaint reads. “The deliberately false denials about the safety of the Flint River water was as deadly as it was arrogant.”

LeeAnn Walters, a Flint resident and mother of 4-year-old twins, took every precaution after blood tests revealed that the level of lead in one of her sons had soared after the switch to Flint River.

“I was hysterical,” Walters told the Free Press. “I cried when they gave me my first lead report.”

She had feared lead was the problem when her whole family developed rashes and her son stopped gaining weight.

Toxic Water In Michigan Begins And Ends With Governor Rick Snyder

I cannot recall an instance in my lifetime where an entire city’s population was poisoned with a tasteless, odorless, powerful toxin thanks the actions of their state government that knew what was happening for MONTHS before any action was taken. This will become the legacy of Rick Snyder and his administration. It’s obscene. It’s a scandal. And people should go to prison.

----------------------------------------------

They knew they were poisoning people for 18 months. A doctor, a private citizen paid for the independent study because Republicans running the state simply didn't care. Come on, it's a Republican administration. Is it really any surprise???? Poisoning an entire city because it's cheaper and they are mostly poor? From the GOP perspective, it makes sense, right?
image.jpeg

As usual your ignorance on the issue is breathtaking.
This is the second EM Snyder foisted on Flint

Flint Mayor Dayne Walling said Tuesday that the vote to become a partner in the KWA, a new regional water authority, should not be confused with a vote to use the Flint River as a temporary source of drinking water — a vote that never happened.

In contrast to using the river, the city also could have negotiated a short-term contract to continue buying water from DWSD, for example.
While Earley oversaw the switch, the decision to switch was signed by Flint's previous state-appointed emergency manager, Ed Kurtz.

Kurtz signed an order March 29, 2013, for Flint to eventually purchase water from the KWA pipeline after it was finished, but that order says nothing about the city's use of the river.

In June 2013, Kurtz signed another order — this one to enter into a contract with Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam Inc. for professional engineering services to put the Flint water treatment plant into operation "using the Flint River as a primary drinking water source for approximately two years and then converting to KWA delivered lake water when available.

The man is an idiot. The CITY voted SEVEN to one to switch. The CITY is controlled by DEMOCRATS. The state is ONLY there to see its corruption free NOT free of STUPID.

And as one can tell by the DEMOCRAT controlled CITY government is has remained just as stupid as it started.

All the conservatives blathering on this thread don't realize the local elected government has little to no power in Flint anymore with the Emergency Managers that get appointed by Snyder. The EM literally runs EVERYTHING and answer directly to Snyder.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Quick, post your links.

LOL. Dayne Walling was the previous Mayor of Flint, Michigan, and he decided to use Flint River as a water source. He is a Democrat. He lost the election to Karen Weaver. Flint has a liberal history, and is (as of 2012) the 10th most liberal city in the US.

Karen Weaver unseats Dayne Walling to win Flint mayor
http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/statesman/metro/081205libs.pdf

As usual your ignorance on the issue is breathtaking.
This is the second EM Snyder foisted on Flint

Flint Mayor Dayne Walling said Tuesday that the vote to become a partner in the KWA, a new regional water authority, should not be confused with a vote to use the Flint River as a temporary source of drinking water — a vote that never happened.

In contrast to using the river, the city also could have negotiated a short-term contract to continue buying water from DWSD, for example.
While Earley oversaw the switch, the decision to switch was signed by Flint's previous state-appointed emergency manager, Ed Kurtz.

Kurtz signed an order March 29, 2013, for Flint to eventually purchase water from the KWA pipeline after it was finished, but that order says nothing about the city's use of the river.

In June 2013, Kurtz signed another order — this one to enter into a contract with Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam Inc. for professional engineering services to put the Flint water treatment plant into operation "using the Flint River as a primary drinking water source for approximately two years and then converting to KWA delivered lake water when available.

Dear reconmark would you at least agree that the reason these contracts and votes get shuffled around, back and forth, with no clear accountability, is that the two parties have an ADVERSE hostile relationship. So it is not in their best interest to make sure the other succeeds, but both have a vested interested in making sure any failure is passed and blamed on the other.

When both sides do this, neither is trying to police the situation for the citizens to make sure things work, if the other side will get credit. If it fails they blame each other, so that is the route they take.

NEVER put it past a democrat to libel/kill/slander or maim one of its own to advance the "cause".

The man is an idiot. The CITY voted SEVEN to one to switch. The CITY is controlled by DEMOCRATS. The state is ONLY there to see its corruption free NOT free of STUPID.

And as one can tell by the DEMOCRAT controlled CITY government is has remained just as stupid as it started.
I see that you are still stuck in stupid mode.
The vote was to switch to the new regional water authority NOT THE FLINT RIVER AS A DRINKING SOURCE!!!!!
I posted the Gov appointed EM that authorized THE SWITH TO USE THE FLINT RIVER AS THE SOURCE OF DRINKING WATER...

Keep trying but you continue to prove your ignorance of the issue.

The vote was to switch to the new regional water authority NOT THE FLINT RIVER AS A DRINKING SOURCE!!!!!
I posted the Gov appointed EM that authorized THE SWITH TO USE THE FLINT RIVER AS THE SOURCE OF DRINKING WATER...

He was ONLY there to OVERSEE the vote of the city NOT make the choice for them.

All the conservatives blathering on this thread don't realize the local elected government has little to no power in Flint anymore with the Emergency Managers that get appointed by Snyder. The EM literally runs EVERYTHING and answer directly to Snyder.

Dear Nyvin would it help if Liberals had a Constitutional sense of authority to check govt?
If everything is decided by elections and appointments, then whoever has control rules.
I thought that was the Liberals idea. And the whole reason Conservatives from Libertarians, Constitutionalists, Republicans, Tea Party and Christian and Vet Party push for Constitutional
LIMITS on govt is to prevent one person, office or branch from imposing unchecked decisions.

Aren't Liberals getting a taste of their own medicine when they avoid Constitutional checks, principles and limits, and just lobby to get into office to control votes by majority rule?

I would agree that the GOP need to do their job and check their own leaders, and not let them abuse power either. If this was done because it can be blamed on Liberal Mayors, then again, it looks like the adverse relationship between the parties gets taken advantage of to dump the blame on each other.

FLINT, MI -- Gov. Rick Snyder quietly helped deliver 1,500 water filters to Flint last month -- even as state officials gave assurances that the city's tap water was safe and meeting all regulatory standards.

The state's involvement in the filter distribution was never publicized and pastors told The Flint Journal-MLive Tuesday, Sept. 29, that they were asked by staffers in the governor's office not to speak about it.

Every person involved in the decisions answered directly to the Governor, and he was consulted every step of the way. It was his call.
The governor of Michigan OPTED to use that water as a budget cutter.
He COULD have stayed on the existing CLEANER system

The City of Houston has been run by Democrats.
The State is run more by GOP. All the destruction, waste, debts and passage of unconstitutional Houston ordinances later contested and defeated in court were under Democrat administrations.

If the Democrats in charge of cities are going to blame the Republican Governors like whiny victims,
do you still want them in charge of running cities? Sorry BULLDOG but that sounds even worse!
Houston. Hmmm, where have I heard that name. Oh yea, that's right. Houston is in fucking Texas.

U.S. states most affected by industrial air pollution
Rank U.S. States Industrial Toxic Air Pollution (Millions of Pounds)
1 Ohio 58.66
2 Kentucky 51.87
3 Texas 41.58
4 Indiana 40.37

most polluted states in the us - Google Search

Air Quality Trends | AirTrends | Air & Radiation | EPA
This is why rd is such democratic ass kissing charlatan. Nothing he says stands up to scrutiny. Since 1980 the us has removed over sixty percent of the air pollution while increasing pop. And pollution producing devices. The sky is not falling as dean would have you believe but getting markedly better. Heaven help us if the Armageddon scenarios dean likes to paint really have no basis in reality, much like his posts.

He was ONLY there to OVERSEE the vote of the city NOT make the choice for them.

Actually he has quite a lot of independent authority.

Forum List

Back