GOP Argument Against Extended Unemployment Benefits is Misguided

So perhaps you should be bitching at Obama instead of random strangers on the internet dumbass
Says the business owner who spends his business hours bitching about Obama to random strangers on the internet. Good Republican logic.

Obama doesn't run the economy. The economy is much greater than one person, President or otherwise. The problem is not one person. It is a handful of individuals who have more wealth than most people can comprehend. The richest 100 people on Earth have as much wealth as the poorest half of the world population. The entire corporate system has been designed to consolidate wealth and power to as few hands as possible, and they have a global media network to tell the masses to blame everyone on Earth except for the old money families who have designed the system.

I sold 2 20k remodels today WHILE bitching about liberals. What did you accomplish idiot?

:eusa_whistle:

Well smartass, what did you accomplish today? Or are insults all you have to offer?

I'm back to the same question I have asked many times before on this subject how long should they be extended? You can't provide government assistance to people indefinitely there has to be a cutoff date.

Tie it to the unemployment rate.

And......yes.....we can extend assistance for as long as needed. All of it gets pumped right back into the economy....supporting local businesses for the most part.

Think.

As the left likes to point out the unemployment rate has been falling so using that logic we should not be extending benefits and extending stuff indefinitely is what helps you run up 17 trillion in debt and yes I know more than just entitlement spending is responsible for the 17 trillion.

I didn't make it up. I gave you a link to a google page with numerous other links all reporting that statistic. The 1% have made 95% of economic gains since Obama took office. Look:

https://www.google.com/search?q=95%25+financial+gains+1%25&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

"YOU are responsible for your life"? Are you fucking kidding? We don't get weapons contracts. We don't get cheap labor overseas. We don't write the fucking laws. We don't get bailouts.

Your assertion that "you're responsible only for yourself" stops at the doorsteps of the mansions of the super-rich. They aren't responsible for their actions. They're "too big to fail". They put us all in this mess, YOU included. YOUR money went to THEIR bailouts. You're fine with that but not with providing food stamps to the employees who are getting shafted by their multi-billion dollar employers.

So perhaps you should be bitching at Obama instead of random strangers on the internet dumbass

How would Obama fix it? You people are against any government interefence on the private market.

I didn't make it up. I gave you a link to a google page with numerous other links all reporting that statistic. The 1% have made 95% of economic gains since Obama took office. Look:

https://www.google.com/search?q=95%25+financial+gains+1%25&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

"YOU are responsible for your life"? Are you fucking kidding? We don't get weapons contracts. We don't get cheap labor overseas. We don't write the fucking laws. We don't get bailouts.

Your assertion that "you're responsible only for yourself" stops at the doorsteps of the mansions of the super-rich. They aren't responsible for their actions. They're "too big to fail". They put us all in this mess, YOU included. YOUR money went to THEIR bailouts. You're fine with that but not with providing food stamps to the employees who are getting shafted by their multi-billion dollar employers.

How would Obama fix it? You people are against any government interefence on the private market.

How will random rightwingers on the internet fix it?

Waaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaaa someone has more money than me, waaaa waaaaa waaaa

That's how you LOSERS sound

Get a grip
Get a job
Get a fucking life

"All one has to do is look at what Obama has done to see their position was a smart one."

Please explain what Obama has done to threaten the fortunes of the super-rich if they've made 95% of the financial gains since Obama took office.

You made up the 95% stat not me. I've run my business for several decades and contrary to liberal belief I've been able to make a living despite those dastardly 1% ers.

Do the uber rich make more money? Sure
Do I whine about it like a loser liberal? No
Do I give a fuck like a loser liberal? No

YOU are responsible for YOUR life. YOUR circumstances are a product of YOUR making, not the rich.

Hey Gramps......

Do you remember the thread in which you were unable to figure out what your taxable income was? Wasn't that a great thread? In it, you claimed that you were going to be hit hard by the 3% tax on taxable income over $250,000.

Good times.

"All one has to do is look at what Obama has done to see their position was a smart one."

Please explain what Obama has done to threaten the fortunes of the super-rich if they've made 95% of the financial gains since Obama took office.

You made up the 95% stat not me. I've run my business for several decades and contrary to liberal belief I've been able to make a living despite those dastardly 1% ers.

Do the uber rich make more money? Sure
Do I whine about it like a loser liberal? No
Do I give a fuck like a loser liberal? No

YOU are responsible for YOUR life. YOUR circumstances are a product of YOUR making, not the rich.

Hey Gramps......

Do you remember the thread in which you were unable to figure out what your taxable income was? Wasn't that a great thread? In it, you claimed that you were going to be hit hard by the 3% tax on taxable income over $250,000.

Good times.

Nope, I remember you liberals making shit up as you went. Course you had to as you clearly didn't nor do you know my circumstances.

Good times indeed

You cons are so thick. Liberals don't have a problem a CEO making 50x more money than a low level worker. That isn't the point. We don't have a problem with the idea of wealth inequality in itself. What we are against is 1% of the top earners controlling 40% of the nation's wealth. That is a the problem. The enormous actual gap is staggering and mind blowing. The lower classes productivity has sky rocketed since the 70s yet wages have remained flat. That. is. wrong.

Wealth and income are two different things.

The reason the wealthy are wealthy is because they invest. The reason the poor, are poor, is because they don't.

If you invest a mere $100 dollars in a growth stock mutual fund, from age 25 to retirement, you'll be a millionaire or close to it.

The problem is, people don't. They consume their income. I call it the difference between the PinBall people, and the Beer Pong people.

This comes from the story of Warren Buffet. You can look it up.

Warren Buffet when he was in high school, saved money from a paper route, and purchased a Pinball machine, that he placed in a local business. There, it earned him more money.

What do most people do in high school? When I was in high school, the popular thing to do was to buy a keg of beer, and go to someone's home whose parents were out of town, and have a beer pong party. There they would drink and piss their money away.

Wealthy people are wealthy because they invest. They use their income to create more income.

Poor people consume their income, and remain poor.

Lottery Winners Who Lost Everything - Business Insider

In 2004, Sharon Tirabassi, a single mother who had been on welfare, cashed a check from the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. for $10,569,00.10 (Canadian).

She subsequently spent her winnings on a "big house, fancy cars, designer clothes, lavish parties, exotic trips, handouts to family, loans to friends" and in less than a decade she's back riding the bus, working part-time, and living in a rented house."

Got $10 Million dollar.... spent it all.... now she's broke, no car, rides the bus, working part time.

On the other hand, Steve Jobs, got $5 Million dollars, and invested it into Pixar in 1986. Jobs made hundreds of millions off of Pixar after it was sold to Disney after making Billions off of hit movies it created.

That's the difference right there. $10 Million to someone who consumes it, and they end up poor. $5 Million to someone who invests it, and it grows, provides jobs, creates wealth (in the form of hit movies), and they end up wealthy.

You cons are so thick. Liberals don't have a problem a CEO making 50x more money than a low level worker. That isn't the point. We don't have a problem with the idea of wealth inequality in itself. What we are against is 1% of the top earners controlling 40% of the nation's wealth. That is a the problem. The enormous actual gap is staggering and mind blowing. The lower classes productivity has sky rocketed since the 70s yet wages have remained flat. That. is. wrong.

The reason the wealthy are wealthy is because they invest. The reason the poor, are poor, is because they don't.

If you invest a mere $100 dollars in a growth stock mutual fund, from age 25 to retirement, you'll be a millionaire or close to it.

The problem is, people don't. They consume their income. I call it the difference between the PinBall people, and the Beer Pong people.

Warren Buffet when he was in high school, saved money from a paper route, and purchased a Pinball machine, that he placed in a local business. There, it earned him more money.

What do most people do in high school? When I was in high school, the popular thing to do was to buy a keg of beer, and go to someone's home whose parents were out of town, and have a beer pong party. There they would drink and piss their money away.

Wealthy people are wealthy because they invest. They use their income to create more income.

In 2004, Sharon Tirabassi, a single mother who had been on welfare, cashed a check from the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. for $10,569,00.10 (Canadian).

She subsequently spent her winnings on a "big house, fancy cars, designer clothes, lavish parties, exotic trips, handouts to family, loans to friends" and in less than a decade she's back riding the bus, working part-time, and living in a rented house."

Got $10 Million dollar.... spent it all.... now she's broke, no car, rides the bus, working part time.

On the other hand, Steve Jobs, got $5 Million dollars, and invested it into Pixar in 1986. Jobs made hundreds of millions off of Pixar after it was sold to Disney after making Billions off of hit movies it created.

That's the difference right there. $10 Million to someone who consumes it, and they end up poor. $5 Million to someone who invests it, and it grows, provides jobs, creates wealth (in the form of hit movies), and they end up wealthy.

You're missing the point. The lower classes can be afforded higher wages. Regardless of how job creators amass their wealth, they need to pay people fairly. What we have now is not fair. Not even close.

You're missing the point. The lower classes can be afforded higher wages. Regardless of how job creators amass their wealth, they need to pay people fairly. What we have now is not fair. Not even close.

Opinion, nothing more

Opinion, nothing more

So you think it's okay that productivity has skyrocketed yet wages have remained flat?

Opinion, nothing more

So you think it's okay that productivity has skyrocketed yet wages have remained flat?

I think people stupid enough to stay in a dead end or underpaid job get what they deserve

Opinion, nothing more

I think people stupid enough to stay in a dead end or underpaid job get what they deserve

You realize of course that since the recession began, there has been an increase in low wage jobs and a decrease in higher wage jobs? ANYONE is prone to low wage jobs if they have been laid off. 5 million people lost their jobs in 9 months.

Last edited:
Umm, here's the deal the democrat party made with the chronically or tragically unemployed. In exchange for your support during Obama's stagnant, negligent and laughable first term, the democrat party will award you with confiscated taxpayer dollars so you keep your freaking mouth shut about the situation until democrats run again.

Last edited:

You realize of course that since the recession began, there has been an increase in low wage jobs and a decrease in higher wage jobs? ANYONE is prone to low wage jobs if they have been laid off.

So?

Are you incapable of bettering yourself through education or job training? Is someone else holding you back? Can't sell yourself or your skillset?

Cry me a fuckin river, after you cash your welfare of course.

You realize of course that since the recession began, there has been an increase in low wage jobs and a decrease in higher wage jobs? ANYONE is prone to low wage jobs if they have been laid off.

So?

Are you incapable of bettering yourself through education or job training? Is someone else holding you back? Can't sell yourself or your skillset?

5 million jobs were lost in 9 months. That includes decent paying jobs. You think ALL of those people were even able to bounce back?

So?

5 million jobs were lost in 9 months. That includes decent paying jobs. You think ALL of those people were even able to bounce back?

I think that the ones with half a brain were able to survive. The rest voted democrat with hope

Listen dude, im as white trash as they come but I was able to adapt. With some difficulty and bitching of course but I made it.

Adapt, sell yourself, learn a skill.....or just keep scanning bar codes. Your choice

I was in my EARLY 20's. Fresh out of prison. Couldn't get a job. Couldn't keep the ones I found. Hated my pay. Hated my bosses who only hired me for the tax credit for hiring a convict. They made me do horrible shit in horrible conditions.

Instead of riding the bum state for life I got some loans and went to school for computers. One of our assignments was to submit a fictitious business proposal to the banks we got our loans from. They were so impressed with my proposal that I quit school the next semester and started the business I'm in now. Granted it took a few hard knocks and a couple stumbles but here I am 23 years later.

If a damn ex con can make it work with all the strikes I have against me from the start there is no reason anyone else can't do the same.

Period

Listen dude, im as white trash as they come but I was able to adapt. With some difficulty and bitching of course but I made it.

Adapt, sell yourself, learn a skill.....or just keep scanning bar codes. Your choice

Your story is anecdotal. Having a positive attitude and hard work goes a long way, but nowadays only a few have been rewarded for theirs. You underestimate how hard many people work. This isn't the 90s. The job market is very different. There are fewer and fewer opportunities regardless of how hard you work. Millions of people working 40 hours a week are living paycheck to paycheck. Many of these people have kids.

A can do spirit is not enough anymore of too many people.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back