Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult

Well, this is interesting.

Michael Lofgren - $1,126 in Political Contributions for 2004

In '04, he donated $1,126 to America Coming Together.

What is America Coming Together?
America Coming Together (ACT) was a liberal, political action, 527 group dedicated to get-out-the-vote activities. ACT did not specifically endorse any political party, but mostly worked on behalf of Democratic candidates. It was the largest 527 group in 2004 and was planning to be involved in future races. The group was primarily funded by Peter Lewis, George Soros, and labor unions, especially the Service Employees International Union, and was led by Steve Rosenthal, a former political director of the AFL-CIO.​
Also, he worked for the Senate Budget Committee from '06 to '10. You know, the Senate which was under Democrat control from '07 to present.

So what makes this guy a GOP operative?

You've been played, Synthia. But you should be used to that. Sucker! :lol:

Michael S. Lofgren (Mike) - Congressional Staffer Salary Data

A budget analyst. No wonder he has split with the present GOP.

Political Animal - Mike Lofgren leaves ‘the cult’

28 years working as an aid to Republicans. Seems that he is in a position to make a definitive statement about the present GOP.
Still no proof he was ever a Republican, huh?

I posted proof he's a liberal. You got nothin'.

But then, you should be used to that.

Liar. But what else is new?

Well, this is interesting.

Michael Lofgren - $1,126 in Political Contributions for 2004

In '04, he donated $1,126 to America Coming Together.

What is America Coming Together?
America Coming Together (ACT) was a liberal, political action, 527 group dedicated to get-out-the-vote activities. ACT did not specifically endorse any political party, but mostly worked on behalf of Democratic candidates. It was the largest 527 group in 2004 and was planning to be involved in future races. The group was primarily funded by Peter Lewis, George Soros, and labor unions, especially the Service Employees International Union, and was led by Steve Rosenthal, a former political director of the AFL-CIO.​
Also, he worked for the Senate Budget Committee from '06 to '10. You know, the Senate which was under Democrat control from '07 to present.

So what makes this guy a GOP operative?

You've been played, Synthia. But you should be used to that. Sucker! :lol:

28 years working as an aid to Republicans. Seems that he is in a position to make a definitive statement about the present GOP.
Daveman, the government moocher, thinks that there were no Republicans on the budget committee when Democrats controlled it! :lol:

Because he's a dumbass. :lol:
Still no proof, huih? Yeah. All you got is wishful thinking. That's common among leftists. Trouble is, they're so stupid they think their wishes are reality.

Say, how old are you? You might not be too old to enlist. But you lack the courage, of course, or you would have done it already.

Choosing this thread to talk about my sigline is deflection.
It's not like the OP is really worth talking about.

Then get the fuck out of the thread, asshole.

Assholeman said:
What else can I teach you today?
The chords to Justin Bieber's "Never Let You Go", Muzak Boi.

You sure do talk about tween heart throbs a lot. Should I list all the times you have talked about him? You seem to know all his songs, too.

I confess, myself being a grown man, I don't know any of these songs. Do you sit in on your daughter's pajama parties?

The RWNJ's on this board are a sorry lot. Nothing but meme's and talking points. I've yet to see ONE put forth a valid, well-considered and -thought out response.

It's like a bunch of little Limbaugh/Beck Chatty Cathy dolls.

Still no proof he was ever a Republican, huh?

I posted proof he's a liberal. You got nothin'.

But then, you should be used to that.

Liar. But what else is new?
Oh, you stupid shit. You really think a conservative is going to contribute to a leftist organization like America Coming Together?

You fail. Hard. :lol:

Make me, pussy. :lol:

Another anonymous tough guy on the internet.

keyboardcommando3nl.jpg

You sure do talk about tween heart throbs a lot. Should I list all the times you have talked about him? You seem to know all his songs, too.

I confess, myself being a grown man, I don't know any of these songs. Do you sit in on your daughter's pajama parties?
No, I don't care for that kind of music. But it's what the kids at the birthday party gigs you play want to hear. Do you have to wear a party hat over your Gino Vanelli tribute mullet?

I believe you have him confused with another poster.

Assholeman said:

The RWNJ's on this board are a sorry lot. Nothing but meme's and talking points. I've yet to see ONE put forth a valid, well-considered and -thought out response.

flaminghypocritecopymy6.jpg

Daveman, the government moocher, thinks that there were no Republicans on the budget committee when Democrats controlled it! :lol:

Still no proof, huih? Yeah. All you got is wishful thinking. That's common among leftists. Trouble is, they're so stupid they think their wishes are reality.

Say, how old are you? You might not be too old to enlist. But you lack the courage, of course, or you would have done it already.
Are you claiming that he wasn't a Republican staffer for 28 years, as he says?

Try to muster an ounce of courage before answering. Maybe ask a serviceman if you can borrow some.

The best piece I've read all year.

Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult

I may post selective paragraphs, but it's such a long, and good article, it's best to just go to the site and read it.

Who is Mike Lofgren? I've never heard of the guy.

He was a Republican staff aid on Capitol Hill for 28 years. I saw his interview yesterday on MSNBC. I had never heard of him either. A fascinating story, I think.

No, I don't care for that kind of music. But it's what the kids at the birthday party gigs you play want to hear. Do you have to wear a party hat over your Gino Vanelli tribute mullet?

I believe you have him confused with another poster.
Yeah, not really.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm saying he lied, and I'm saying you're stupid enough to fall for it.

I bet you believed Jeb Eddy, too. He was another lying liberal who claimed to be a Republican.

Try to muster an ounce of courage before answering. Maybe ask a serviceman if you can borrow some.
No mustering required. You see, I was a serviceman. My courage has never been in doubt. Well, except by pussies like you who feel they have to attack others for having what they themselves lack.

It's really funny when you get all bowed up and pretend to be tough. You figured out a way to make me leave the thread yet? :rofl:

That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm saying he lied, and I'm saying you're stupid enough to fall for it.

This essay is from Truthout today, and it is by a recently retired Congressional staffer named Mike Lofgren. Lofgren's name is barely known to the general public, but among people who have covered or worked in the national-security field, he is a familiar and highly esteemed figure. He spent 28 years as a Congressional staffer, mainly on budget matters, mainly in the defense-and-security realm, and mainly for Republican legislators.
I guess you've been bitchslapped again! :lol:

Assholeman said:
No mustering required. You see, I was a serviceman. My courage has never been in doubt. Well, except by pussies like you who feel they have to attack others for having what they themselves lack.

It's really funny when you get all bowed up and pretend to be tough. You figured out a way to make me leave the thread yet? :rofl:

Yeah, that's what you claim on the internet. You also claimed that you were in charge of sump pumps. :lol:

GOP Defector Spills the Beans

Sep 5, 2011 2:51 PM EDT Mike Lofgren loyally served the GOP on Capitol Hill for 28 years. But no longer. Michael Tomasky on what the defection of a Republican staffer tells us about the state of the party.

Many people are buzzing about an article at truthout.org by one Mike Lofgren, a longtime Republican staff aide on Capitol Hill who just couldn’t take the crazy anymore, left his job, and produced this buzzy (and quite well-written) lamentation about his party’s tactics and goals. If you haven’t read it, you must. There was nothing in there that surprised me. I’ve been saying all these things for a long time (as have many others). What continues to dumbfound me is why Lofgren’s assertions are even controversial, because as long as they remain so, “neutral” observers who deny this reality bear some responsibility for the sad shape our politics is in.

There's another one, bitch.

I can show 5 more articles from people who know this guy in Washington.

Why don't you show one article that claims he's not a Republican staffer?

Because you're a butthurt bitch, hiding behind his keyboard.

Another anonymous tough guy on the internet.

keyboardcommando3nl.jpg
I'm not the one who told someone to "get the fuck out of the thread". :lol:

Oh, and that's an image I created, Synthia. You're completely incapable of originality.

keyboardcommando3nl.jpg

By daveman_1 at 2005-05-03

Check the upload date. :lol:
Because you found it years ago on the internet, it's your creation? :lol:
No, because I made it years ago.

ifwqkw.gif

If you have proof otherwise, let's see it.

On edit: You didn't even change the file name: keyboardcommando3nl.jpg. :rofl:

Last edited:

This essay is from Truthout today, and it is by a recently retired Congressional staffer named Mike Lofgren. Lofgren's name is barely known to the general public, but among people who have covered or worked in the national-security field, he is a familiar and highly esteemed figure. He spent 28 years as a Congressional staffer, mainly on budget matters, mainly in the defense-and-security realm, and mainly for Republican legislators.
I guess you've been bitchslapped again! :lol:
You'll have to explain why that's proof. Because it's not. Sucker. :lol:

Assholeman said:

Yeah, that's what you claim on the internet. You also claimed that you were in charge of sump pumps. :lol:
Really? Where did I do that?

Oh, that's right. I didn't. You're lying again. Look, it's obvious that you're just a butthurt little pussy lashing out at someone who did something you couldn't.

Don't worry, though -- Fake Starkers will be along after school to come to your rescue. :rofl:

GOP Defector Spills the Beans

Sep 5, 2011 2:51 PM EDT Mike Lofgren loyally served the GOP on Capitol Hill for 28 years. But no longer. Michael Tomasky on what the defection of a Republican staffer tells us about the state of the party.

Many people are buzzing about an article at truthout.org by one Mike Lofgren, a longtime Republican staff aide on Capitol Hill who just couldn’t take the crazy anymore, left his job, and produced this buzzy (and quite well-written) lamentation about his party’s tactics and goals. If you haven’t read it, you must. There was nothing in there that surprised me. I’ve been saying all these things for a long time (as have many others). What continues to dumbfound me is why Lofgren’s assertions are even controversial, because as long as they remain so, “neutral” observers who deny this reality bear some responsibility for the sad shape our politics is in.

There's another one, bitch.

I can show 5 more articles from people who know this guy in Washington.

Why don't you show one article that claims he's not a Republican staffer?

Because you're a butthurt bitch, hiding behind his keyboard.
I've given all the proof required. He donated to a leftist PAC, and never a single dollar to any GOP candidate.

You lose. Pussy.

flaminghypocritecopymy6.jpg

Here. Let's take care of that.

Image.ashx

Forum List

Back