Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult

A couple of years ago, a Republican committee staff director told me candidly (and proudly) what the method was to all this obstruction and disruption. Should Republicans succeed in obstructing the Senate from doing its job, it would further lower Congress's generic favorability rating among the American people. By sabotaging the reputation of an institution of government, the party that is programmatically against government would come out the relative winner.

Undermining Americans' belief in their own institutions of self-government remains a prime GOP electoral strategy. But if this technique falls short of producing Karl Rove's dream of 30 years of unchallengeable one-party rule (as all such techniques always fall short of achieving the angry and embittered true believer's New Jerusalem), there are other even less savory techniques upon which to fall back. Ever since Republicans captured the majority in a number of state legislatures last November, they have systematically attempted to make it more difficult to vote: by onerous voter ID requirements (in Wisconsin, Republicans have legislated photo IDs while simultaneously shutting Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offices in Democratic constituencies while at the same time lengthening the hours of operation of DMV offices in GOP constituencies); by narrowing registration periods; and by residency requirements that may disenfranchise university students.

Not sure what you quoted and your response have to do with each other.

That liberals, are not more likely then conservatives, to help out a homeless guy.

Republican policies made that guy homeless in the first place.

Just Republican polices? Are you suggesting that the democrats had nothing to do with a failing economy?

The democrats are just as equally guilty if not more with there entitlement programs, that has been the most destructive of all.

where did I deflect?
Remember, anything less than instant, fawning acceptance and adulation is deflection.
Choosing this thread to talk about my sigline is deflection.

What else can I teach you today?
Looks at article... looks back at siglines and avatar... looks at article again... :rolleyes: ... Looks back at sigline and avatar... :rofl:

For my money, mocking the shit out of your rebranding effort failure is much more entertaining.

As for the piece of 'relevant opinion" as you seem to cast it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1DEG6BWgp0]The Captain Louis Renault Award - YouTube[/ame]

Someone obviously peed in this dude's sugar pops and he's 10 different colors of pissed off about it. This asshole should have been forcibly retired from the bureaucracy a decade ago before he became an entrenched piece of bureaushit.

His points could have been taken more seriously if he hadn't veiled them all in a drapery of self righteous Rodney King-ism. Sitting their pretending to be above the fray and with strong sanctimonious backlighting, passing judgement on former colleagues and allies that now he has a personal axe to grind.

He's not a saint. He's not a whistleblower. He's not a star witness. No... he's just on the outs and pissed about it.

This Op Ed is a fucking joke. Trying to couch it as relevant and newsworthy is farcical at best. It's clear to everyone else the guy's just pissed off and had been in government bureaucracy for FAR too long, thereby becoming part of the problem we now have in Washington.

corruptiondemotivationalposter.jpg

Seems obvious to me and the rest who rebutted this sham.

Nope you guys crashed the economy on purpose
She's a one trick pony.

She has figured out we started crashing the economy back during the Carter administration by creating the legislation that created the housing bubble.

:rolleyes;

which party wants nothing to do with the poor?
Well let's see.

The Republicans want to teach people to not be poor by making poverty comfortable.
The Democrats want to pay the poor to be comfortable enough to stay away...

Hmmmmmm.....

decisions decisions. Think Think Think....

And the poor are more than happy to take the handout because it's easiest.

my my my.... so tangled an issue.

Nope you guys crashed the economy on purpose
She's a one trick pony.

She has figured out we started crashing the economy back during the Carter administration by creating the legislation that created the housing bubble.

:rolleyes;

Well there were at least one or two Republicans in Congress at the time. Didn't you get the memo?:lol:

Being a Republican staffer does not make him a Republican. Can you not conceive that? He was doing a job and nothing more. Every fibre of his being is a liberal democrat.

:cuckoo:
Well, this is interesting.

Michael Lofgren - $1,126 in Political Contributions for 2004

In '04, he donated $1,126 to America Coming Together.

What is America Coming Together?
America Coming Together (ACT) was a liberal, political action, 527 group dedicated to get-out-the-vote activities. ACT did not specifically endorse any political party, but mostly worked on behalf of Democratic candidates. It was the largest 527 group in 2004 and was planning to be involved in future races. The group was primarily funded by Peter Lewis, George Soros, and labor unions, especially the Service Employees International Union, and was led by Steve Rosenthal, a former political director of the AFL-CIO.​
Also, he worked for the Senate Budget Committee from '06 to '10. You know, the Senate which was under Democrat control from '07 to present.

So what makes this guy a GOP operative?

You've been played, Synthia. But you should be used to that. Sucker! :lol:
images

which party wants nothing to do with the poor?
Well let's see.

The Republicans want to teach people to not be poor by making poverty comfortable.
The Democrats want to pay the poor to be comfortable enough to stay away...

Hmmmmmm.....

decisions decisions. Think Think Think....

And the poor are more than happy to take the handout because it's easiest.

my my my.... so tangled an issue.

The Democrats want to pay the poor to be comfortable enough to stay away

I'll choose "The Democrats want to pay the poor to be comfortable enough to stay away" for a 1000 Alex.
Answer is
What is slave entitlement programs

DING DING DING I win.

America Coming Together (ACT) was a liberal, political action, 527 group dedicated to get-out-the-vote activities. ACT did not specifically endorse any political party, but mostly worked on behalf of Democratic candidates. It was the largest 527 group in 2004 and was planning to be involved in future races. The group was primarily funded by Peter Lewis, George Soros, and labor unions, especially the Service Employees International Union, and was led by Steve Rosenthal, a former political director of the AFL-CIO.​
Also, he worked for the Senate Budget Committee from '06 to '10. You know, the Senate which was under Democrat control from '07 to present.

Michael S. Lofgren (Mike) - Congressional Staffer Salary Data

A budget analyst. No wonder he has split with the present GOP.

Political Animal - Mike Lofgren leaves ‘the cult’

28 years working as an aid to Republicans. Seems that he is in a position to make a definitive statement about the present GOP.
Still no proof he was ever a Republican, huh?

I posted proof he's a liberal. You got nothin'.

But then, you should be used to that.

Remember, anything less than instant, fawning acceptance and adulation is deflection.
It's not like the OP is really worth talking about.

Then get the fuck out of the thread, asshole.

Assholeman said:
The chords to Justin Bieber's "Never Let You Go", Muzak Boi.

You sure do talk about tween heart throbs a lot. Should I list all the times you have talked about him? You seem to know all his songs, too.

I confess, myself being a grown man, I don't know any of these songs. Do you sit in on your daughter's pajama parties?

Last edited:

Michael S. Lofgren (Mike) - Congressional Staffer Salary Data

A budget analyst. No wonder he has split with the present GOP.

Political Animal - Mike Lofgren leaves ‘the cult’

28 years working as an aid to Republicans. Seems that he is in a position to make a definitive statement about the present GOP.
Daveman, the government moocher, thinks that there were no Republicans on the budget committee when Democrats controlled it! :lol:

Because he's a dumbass. :lol:

It's not like the OP is really worth talking about.

Then get the fuck out of the thread, asshole.
Make me, pussy. :lol:
The chords to Justin Bieber's "Never Let You Go", Muzak Boi.

You sure do talk about tween heart throbs a lot. Should I list all the times you have talked about him? You seem to know all his songs, too.

I confess, myself being a grown man, I don't know any of these songs. Do you sit in on your daughter's pajama parties?
No, I don't care for that kind of music. But it's what the kids at the birthday party gigs you play want to hear. Do you have to wear a party hat over your Gino Vanelli tribute mullet?

Forum List

Back