Godspeed to the Iraqis This Weekend

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Found this, thought it to the point:

http://hurryupharry.bloghouse.net/archives/2005/01/27/all_you_fascists_are_bound_to_lose.php

2. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Wow, thank Kathianne. :dance:

The upcoming elections will serve notice not only on the terrorists in Iraq but on the tyrannical regimes which remain on the Earth.

And the anti-American left can go on, and keep moving the goalposts.

We've already seen them on the wrong side of history in Afganistan.

3. Adam's Apple

Adam's Apple Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +447
    I have really gotten high on freedom and democracy just watching the coverage from Iraq this week as the Iraqis prepare themselves to vote in Sunday's election. They are a gutsy people! Their courage and determination to vote in spite of the terrorists' threats should guarantee that self-government in Iraq will triumph. It's really exciting to me to watch the birth of a free nation.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I liked this:

http://www.lileks.com/bleats/archive/05/0105/012805.html

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Amen---it IS truly amazing to watch the courage of these people and history in the making. They will succeed and be proud of what they have created!

6. kewlhand

kewlhand Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    tho obviously the Dubya Gang will call it such. I still wanna know what happens if the Shiia politely request we get out of their countrY? Do we leave and watch them turn to Iran, or do we drop all pretense of being 'Liberators' and stay on anyway? I can also understand why Dubya lovers would rather not talk about WMDs.

7. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    WHy do you say that?

[​IMG]

8. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i love coming here for a good laugh! it's the only place i can find such comical behavior when things are so depressing everywhere i look.

this 'election' is nothing but yet another propaganda tactic that only half of america is buying.

britain wants out. they hope this election will give them the ticket the need to say they've put their time in, and it's your mess now.

meanwhile, here at home the dollar is falling, we spend 2 bil a day to float our debt, and countries like india and china are making large strides in educating their people, while our goverment does little for our education.... this makes sense, because educated people would figure out the ride they have been taken on.

this joke of a poll is second only to the american 'election'. my only question is, is there a paper trail of the vote in iraq?

when this too goes down in flames, and we are bankrupt after four years of trying to float this MISTAKE BASED ON LIES AND PROPAGANDA, you won't need me or anybody to tell you we told you so.

it's plain and simple common sense.

say guys, how does it feel being the only people ON THE PLANET who still think democracy is going to take hold in iraq?! :laugh:

9. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Look in the mirror, that should be good for a laugh too.
    Bullcrap. Iraqis want to vote. They want freedom.
    This is just unnecessary fear, uncertaintly and doubt. Our cause there is Noble. This is the merely the beginning of a longterm investment in global security, the type of security which guarantees lasting and real peace.

10. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    The very FACT that Iraqi people are willing to face threats of decapitation of their loved ones and more blood in the streets in order to go to the polls "just to vote" states very LOUD & CLEAR that they would rather have a new form of government than the old bloody tyranny they've been suffering under. They want a voice, they want freedom, and they are willing to face chilling threats to get it.

Why you liberals don't support them in this endeavor says more about YOU than the tenuous Iraqi situation. You libs are going to choke on your own bile someday.