Godspeed to the Iraqis This Weekend

ScreamingEagle said:
You must be a supporter of Bush then. :eek2:

i know, it must totally escape you.

take a hard, UNPARTISAN look at the bush's policies, and it should make sense. but i doubt it.

i'd like to have faith, SE, when all of our tax dollars are being funnelled into what i see as a poor political, economical, and logistical decision. i'd love for that money to instead educate our people, and i'd love for the US to be the respected, admired country it once was. that is simply not going to happen with W at the helm. end of story there.

i got a santa cruz heckler, with a 5th element shock. cost a pretty penny, but it rocks :rock:

i am taking drum lessons right now. i'm also learning to read music and play piano. i've got this old jazz ripper that gets me to 150 a mo... but the lessons are phenomenal.

that said, big ups to you people keeping hope alive. i'll be amazed and impressed if we pull off whatever it is we are trying to do there. things are not and have not been looking good there since we invaded.

spillmind said:
i know, it must totally escape you.

take a hard, UNPARTISAN look at the bush's policies, and it should make sense. but i doubt it.

i'd like to have faith, SE, when all of our tax dollars are being funnelled into what i see as a poor political, economical, and logistical decision. i'd love for that money to instead educate our people, and i'd love for the US to be the respected, admired country it once was. that is simply not going to happen with W at the helm. end of story there.

i got a santa cruz heckler, with a 5th element shock. cost a pretty penny, but it rocks :rock:

i am taking drum lessons right now. i'm also learning to read music and play piano. i've got this old jazz ripper that gets me to 150 a mo... but the lessons are phenomenal.

that said, big ups to you people keeping hope alive. i'll be amazed and impressed if we pull off whatever it is we are trying to do there. things are not and have not been looking good there since we invaded.

You shall be amazed and impressed if you have an open mind. Watch the birth of democracy this weekend. This is a crucial turn and major history in the making. Its success is also our success in the fight for our freedom and the freedom of the rest of the world. Don't think others aren't watching this very closely with an eye to their own freedom.

I'd love for all the money to be funneled back home too. However, we are fighting for our lives here. Priorities. Freedom does not come easy and cheaply. And even though we may not be "liked" as much, especially in the liberal media, with Bush at the helm we are getting a lot of the respect back that we lost for eight years under Clinton. America is now changing the world for the better. Sit back and watch.

spillmind said:
i love coming here for a good laugh! it's the only place i can find such comical behavior when things are so depressing everywhere i look. this 'election' is nothing but yet another propaganda tactic that only half of america is buying.

It's really sad that you can't get high on the Iraqis finally being granted their freedom, Spillmind. I don't believe the number of Iraqis turning out to vote, despite the fact that their lives could be on the line, would agree with your assessment that this election is a "propaganda tactic." I think all the evidence points to the fact that they are taking it very seriously.

If you're trying to spread the "doom and gloom" that you feel about Iraq (your own "propaganda tactic"), go someplace where it's appreciated. The people on this board appreciate and applaud the opportunity America has made possible for the Iraqi people to be free.

Forum List

Back