God... Is Time.

There within lay the eternal question a three year old might ask in Sunday school: WHAT made GOD? Well, wise guy?
an appropriate question for a three year old to ask....an adult, not so much......nothing made God, an eternal deity does not need a maker as he does not have a beginning.....
".... because that's the myth I was given as a child and never questioned the dogma"

There within lay the eternal question a three year old might ask in Sunday school: WHAT made GOD? Well, wise guy?
an appropriate question for a three year old to ask....an adult, not so much......nothing made God, an eternal deity does not need a maker as he does not have a beginning.....
".... because that's the myth I was given as a child and never questioned the dogma"
true....as a child I learned that "eternal" by definition includes "not having a beginning"......however, it wasn't in dogma class.....it was in English class.....

All you are doing is redefining the present as the immediate past, and making a fool of yourself in the process.

Well Eddy, no I'm really not doing that. YOU want to redefine "the present" to include the immediate past and I won't let you get away with it. You are making a fool out of yourself. The moment of present time cannot be observed due to physics. All we can have is perception which is created after time has passed.

You have not overcome that stark fact of reality which is the basis of the thread OP. Stomping your feet and throwing a fit will not change that. Calling me names and acting like I've not made the argument will not suffice.
Sorry Sucker, "The present" is the present and not "the immediate past." I won't let you get away with redefining words to suite your doublespeak.

Well if the present is the present then it's not the immediate past. So when do you have observation of the present?
You don't need to observe the present for it to be the present. You could say we live in the present blindly!

You also don't have to observe God for God to be God.
Actually, due to physics you do. :)

true....as a child I learned that "eternal" by definition includes "not having a beginning"......however, it wasn't in dogma class.....it was in English class.....
That's the problem. They taught you religious indoctrination instead of English at the Falwell Madrassah.

Science can evaluate gravity in spite of the force of gravity not being observed.

You are an idiot if you don't think gravitational force is observable!
she fell flat on her face with that one.....
Not quite. According to Bossy's Law, nothing is observable in the present so any observation of gravity is in the past and therefore only a perception of gravity but you can't know if your perception of gravity is real. :cuckoo:

how long does your "present" last....a second?.....an hour?....two weeks?.......Boss is simply arguing that the "present" exists only for an instant......

Not even an "instant" really. Instant implies instance, and the present moment of time is a point-- not an instance.

It is from that point in time that physics must happen for us to have perception of any kind of present reality. Because of physics we are bound as non-observant characters to a present time we cannot observe. You would have to defy physics in order to do so and you can't as a physical being. Or at least, you can't at this time... science could one day find a way to time travel, etc.

The point is, we rely on our faith in the perception we have of present reality the same faith we rely on to believe in God. There is no difference.

According to Bossy's Law, nothing is observable in the present...

No... let's be clear... It's according to physics. Time has to pass and physics has to occur for you to observe any damn thing. You are bound by physics as a physical being in a physical universe and all your perceptions are reliant upon physics happening, which takes TIME to happen. It's not possible for you to observe the present moment of time, you only have a perception received in the past after time passes.

how long does your "present" last....a second?.....an hour?....two weeks?.......Boss is simply arguing that the "present" exists only for an instant......

Not even an "instant" really. Instant implies instance, and the present moment of time is a point-- not an instance.

It is from that point in time that physics must happen for us to have perception of any kind of present reality. Because of physics we are bound as non-observant characters to a present time we cannot observe. You would have to defy physics in order to do so and you can't as a physical being. Or at least, you can't at this time... science could one day find a way to time travel, etc.

The point is, we rely on our faith in the perception we have of present reality the same faith we rely on to believe in God. There is no difference.
You're still suffering from profound confusion regarding our ability to perceive the present and your need to find a gap to spackle your gawds into.

I have no trouble understanding it at all.

Obviously, you do.
Coming frm you one must always assume the opposite

The last 4-5 posts from you are nothing but trolling harassment in violation of forum rules. You're supposed to be including content relevant to the OP and you're not doing that at all. You've abandoned civil discourse to be a troll.

Now I don't mind a little spirited banter back and forth, I have thick skin and it doesn't really bother me personally, but the forum has rules we have to follow and sooner or later the mods are going to warn you about this. I've not reported your posts yet but eventually someone will.

I suggest you get back on track and debate the OP argument or leave this thread and go find the flame board where you are free to denigrate me any way you please.

Forum List

Back