God... Is Time.

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
I first considered writing the one-millionth thread on the philosophical discussion of a Creator, then I paused and thought deeper. Is there some way to break through the typical mundane chore of battling our way through various debates on religion and religious dogma to arrive at some point of mutual understanding or consideration? I am not sure if there is, but it's worth thinking about if you are able to hang your preconceptions at the door and be open minded.

The primary weapon of those who disbelieve concepts of God is science. There is no physical evidence to support the idea of God, therefore God is rejected as a possibility. We are all familiar with the argument, so what is the point in yet another thread to debate this? It's really pointless, right? But the thing is, science doesn't draw conclusions of certainty on the matter of God, or anything else, really. Science merely explores probability and possibility. Man creates conclusions of certainty, and at that moment, he also abandons science for faith. Science continues to explore possibility, and if possibility has been determined to not exist, science can do no more.

I am often asked what is my "proof" that God exists. My proof is Time. Time is God and God is Time. Before you jump to the conclusion this is not possible because Time is a physical dimension we can measure with science, consider the following: Our perception of Time is false. We assume Time exists, we can't perceive the present. We can divide Time into past, present and future. We have no perception of the future or if the future will happen at all. We only have evidence of the past, which includes our perceptions of the present. You see-- Every physical sense we have depends on the passing of time to happen. Something may happen in present time but by the time you perceive it, time has passed and it's in the past. The moment of the present is undetectable to mortal human beings. We assume the present time happened because evidence exists in the past that seems to confirm this. If we cannot observe it, does it really exist?

God... Is Time.

:eusa_hand: - of course, what has meaning of knowledge and morals have to do with anything ... ?

Time does not exist

How can so called God be time

we worms crawling here on Earth can not understand our Infinite Eternal Source FATHER

I first considered writing the one-millionth thread on the philosophical discussion of a Creator, then I paused and thought deeper. Is there some way to break through the typical mundane chore of battling our way through various debates on religion and religious dogma to arrive at some point of mutual understanding or consideration? I am not sure if there is, but it's worth thinking about if you are able to hang your preconceptions at the door and be open minded.

The primary weapon of those who disbelieve concepts of God is science. There is no physical evidence to support the idea of God, therefore God is rejected as a possibility. We are all familiar with the argument, so what is the point in yet another thread to debate this? It's really pointless, right? But the thing is, science doesn't draw conclusions of certainty on the matter of God, or anything else, really. Science merely explores probability and possibility. Man creates conclusions of certainty, and at that moment, he also abandons science for faith. Science continues to explore possibility, and if possibility has been determined to not exist, science can do no more.

I am often asked what is my "proof" that God exists. My proof is Time. Time is God and God is Time. Before you jump to the conclusion this is not possible because Time is a physical dimension we can measure with science, consider the following: Our perception of Time is false. We assume Time exists, we can't perceive the present. We can divide Time into past, present and future. We have no perception of the future or if the future will happen at all. We only have evidence of the past, which includes our perceptions of the present. You see-- Every physical sense we have depends on the passing of time to happen. Something may happen in present time but by the time you perceive it, time has passed and it's in the past. The moment of the present is undetectable to mortal human beings. We assume the present time happened because evidence exists in the past that seems to confirm this. If we cannot observe it, does it really exist?

time, time, it's so sublime
Well, they say it's non existent
But it's playing with my mind
and phone calls don't cost a dime
In the caverns of your feelings
Where the sun will never shine..

Time is the measurement of the motion of an object across a given space.

d (distance) = r (rate) times t (time) i.e.. d=rt

t = d/r

Clapton is God. Therefor, C (Clapton) = d/r

and C=t

Distance and motion are meaningless without time. Therefore, C = 0/0.

You are expressing our perception of Time passing. Time itself is not so easy to confirm. The best be can accomplish is proving it did exist, or at least it appears to have existed by evidence of the past.

Time does not exist

How can so called God be time

we worms crawling here on Earth can not understand our Infinite Eternal Source FATHER

We can't observe Time in the present or future, our only perception of Time is time passed. We have faith that present time existed because we have evidence of past time. We cannot prove present time existed or that it currently exists. Anything we perceive has already happened and is in the past.

If we cannot physically observe it, does it really exist?

That may be the dumbest and most reaching explanation of god I have ever read. Wow! What a wast of a few seconds!

Perception is everything. Everything is perception.

All words are symbols and metaphors.

The universe is one.

Time is a word we have to try to describe something we think we perceive.

God is a word we have for something we think (or hope) we perceive.

If God exists, God is certainly beyond comprehension and definitely beyond definition.

Only personal revelation can serve as a basis for thinking about God.

As someone said earlier, if we don't divide time into our artificial measurements, everything happens at once. This may indeed be the case, that there is no 'time', but the manner in which our consciousness and experience function make it (nearly) impossible to think this way. We are fantastic creatures, but we have yet to integrate our capacities and limitations.

Time does not exist ...

How said Sokrates? "The people accept my authority because I'm able to say on very good reasons what I don't know why." Okay - after a few thousand years it's not so easy to remember something very accurate any longer. But last year in Boulder (Colerado, USA) for example phycicists used Strontium with a frequency of 430-thousand-billion Hz to build a clock. This clock fails only a second in 5 billion years. Nearly unbelieveable. So if time does not exist - what did they do?

Stufen

Wie jede Blüte welkt und jede Jugend
Dem Alter weicht, blüht jede Lebensstufe,
Blüht jede Weisheit auch und jede Tugend
Zu ihrer Zeit und darf nicht ewig dauern.
Es muß das Herz bei jedem Lebensrufe
Bereit zum Abschied sein und Neubeginn,
Um sich in Tapferkeit und ohne Trauern
In andre, neue Bindungen zu geben.
Und jedem Anfang wohnt ein Zauber inne,
Der uns beschützt und der uns hilft, zu leben.

Wir sollen heiter Raum um Raum durchschreiten,
An keinem wie an einer Heimat hängen,
Der Weltgeist will nicht fesseln uns und engen,
Er will uns Stuf' um Stufe heben, weiten.
Kaum sind wir heimisch einem Lebenskreise
Und traulich eingewohnt, so droht Erschlaffen,
Nur wer bereit zu Aufbruch ist und Reise,
Mag lähmender Gewöhnung sich entraffen.

Es wird vielleicht auch noch die Todesstunde
Uns neuen Räumen jung entgegen senden,
Des Lebens Ruf an uns wird niemals enden...
Wohlan denn, Herz, nimm Abschied und gesunde!

Hermann Hesse

Last edited:
Time does not exist ...

How said Sokrates? "The people accept my authority because I'm able to say on very good reasons what I don't know why." Okay - after a few thousand years it's not so easy to remember something very accurate any longer. But last year in Boulder (USA) for example phycicists used Strontium with a frequency of 430-thousand-billion Hz to build a clock. This clock fails only a second in 5 billion years. Nearly unbelieveable. So if time does not exist - what did they do?

Made a highly accurate measurement of the holographic illusion I like to call..."reality"

Our assumed perception of what we call 'time' was divided into 430-thousand-billion artificial intervals, maybe.

Time is a physical dimension we can measure with science...Our perception of Time is false. We assume Time exists, we can't perceive the present.
In physics, time exists in terms of motion. That is not an "assumption."

Time is a word we have to try to describe something we think we perceive.

God is a word we have for something we think (or hope) we perceive.

If God exists, God is certainly beyond comprehension and definitely beyond definition.

Follow your argument logically. Time and God both describe something we think we perceive.

If we can comprehend and define Time, why can't we also comprehend and define God?

In other words, if we can accept on faith that Time exists... why can't we also accept on faith that God exists? And if both can exist in the form of a perception that we can't prove or observe directly, could they not be one in the same?

Forum List

Back