God And Jerusalem Are Back.

I would ask you to answer my question but you're likely to bury your answer in a dissertation on the history of Israel.

Are you revealing some sort of attention deficit disorder?

How's this for the Cliff Notes version of my answer:

There are four references to ‘Devine’ in D of I… 1)in first paragraph ‘Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God,’ 2) next paragraph ‘endowed by their Creator,” 3) Supreme Judge of the world, and 4) ‘divine’ Providence, last paragraph.
This is important because our historic documents memorialize a government based on individuals born with inalienable rights, by, in various references, by the Devine, or Nature’s God, or their Creator, or the Supreme Judge, or divine Providence.

Are you about to ask what the heck the Declaration of Independence has to do with the nation?

Got it. It matters cuz god is important to you.

You couldn't be more confused.
The founders knew what they were doing in attributing the source of our rights to our "Creator" and they were careful not to piss you off by saying Jesus or the Christian God.

These things may not be infringed upon by man as they are not derived from man.
Make any man responsible for your liberties and sooner or later he will see fit to take them.
Now you can agree or disagree but the implication is clear and the reason for mentioning what some refer to as "God" was intentional and served a very specific purpose.
FFS, it's the whole reason you still have the "right" to be ignorant.

Are you revealing some sort of attention deficit disorder?

How's this for the Cliff Notes version of my answer:

There are four references to ‘Devine’ in D of I… 1)in first paragraph ‘Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God,’ 2) next paragraph ‘endowed by their Creator,” 3) Supreme Judge of the world, and 4) ‘divine’ Providence, last paragraph.
This is important because our historic documents memorialize a government based on individuals born with inalienable rights, by, in various references, by the Devine, or Nature’s God, or their Creator, or the Supreme Judge, or divine Providence.

Are you about to ask what the heck the Declaration of Independence has to do with the nation?

Got it. It matters cuz god is important to you.

You couldn't be more confused.
The founders knew what they were doing in attributing the source of our rights to our "Creator" and they were careful not to piss you off by saying Jesus or the Christian God.

These things may not be infringed upon by man as they are not derived from man.
Make any man responsible for your liberties and sooner or later he will see fit to take them.
Now you can agree or disagree but the implication is clear and the reason for mentioning what some refer to as "God" was intentional and served a very specific purpose.
FFS, it's the whole reason you still have the "right" to be ignorant.

Or more specifically, why he still has the right to live and run his mouth and yet not be offed for it like in the good ol' godless days he longs for.

One thing about this convention - it's as Fucked-Up as Obama's tenure as President.

One fuck-up after another. I wish this comedy show would go on for another week!!

When's Biden speaking/gurgling? That ought to be a show-stopper.

His brilliance will amaze the brain dead Delegates... LOL!

Lovin it!!

Romney's sitting at home with a cold one, laughing his ass off at this stupidity/donkey-fuck.

"When's Biden speaking/gurgling? That ought to be a show-stopper.
???

Bill Clinton is speaking tonight in the spot normally reserved for a vice-president, from what I understand.

if the FF's were such moralists, then why slavery? if they believed in free will, why slavery?
If they believed in Gods' given right to govern us, why was slavery allowed to exist?

Democrats walk the plank and restore God and Jersualem.

Go Fox News!

it was actually ABC that said those things were left out.

the platform hadn't been published at the time.

but couldn't be that they and fakenews got it wrong, could it?

Let me think about that. It was already in the platform and fakenews and ABC said it wasn't and they were wrong.

OK, so the vote to put back in what was already there was really not necessary.

Did I get that right? LMAO.

it was actually ABC that said those things were left out.

the platform hadn't been published at the time.

but couldn't be that they and fakenews got it wrong, could it?

Sez the ho who thought Wiener was framed.

because you're such a loser you call women who disagree with you 'ho's'.

sad little man... go sell a toilet.

and while you're at it, tell me why vitter is still in congress...

Vitter will be in the Senate until and if he is defeated in the next election. Tell me, why was Clinton allowed to finish his term as President?

I'm surprised at you....Even Dick Durbin said that Fox News was making an issue of the removal of "God", essentially painting the Democrats as the godless party.

I'll tell you what I believe, and you can tell me that I'm incorrect, or simply ignore the post.

You are both religious...and strongly Liberal/Democrat....and the issues involved have placed you at an intellectual crossroads.

Over half the delegates to the Democrat Convention hate Israel, and hate God. You are going to be faced with an enormous burden, either rationalizing your belief in one or commitment to the other.

I don't envy your position.

It took three or four loudly shouted votes, confused faces and "you have to let em do what they're gonna do" before they decided to put God and Jersualem back in. Then the cameras panned the disgusted faces of the hate Israel first group.. It was an astounding display of a fractured party.

I watched the event on Fox...and ran to the computer...but you beat me to it! I got the "24 hour" note when I tried to rep your post #1....get ya' tomorrow.

It was amazing. It was telling.

Here's a question....I recall President Bush actually saying, the first thing he would do as President was move the US embassy to Jerusalem.....didn't.

Will President Romney?

I seriously doubt that Romney will do that either. This from Wiki:

The Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995[1] is a public law of the United States passed by the 104th Congress on October 23, 1995. It was passed for the purposes of initiating and funding the relocation of the Embassy of the United States in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, no later than May 31, 1999, and attempted to withhold 50 percent of the funds appropriated to the State Department specifically for ‘‘Acquisition and Maintenance of Buildings Abroad’’ as allocated in fiscal year 1999 until the United States Embassy in Jerusalem had officially opened.[2] The act also called for Jerusalem to remain an undivided city and for it to be recognized as the capital of the State of Israel. Israel's declared capital is Jerusalem, but this is not internationally recognized, pending final status talks in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The United States has withheld recognition of the city as Israel's capital. The proposed law was adopted by the Senate (93–5),[3] and the House (374–37).[4]

Since passage, the law has never been implemented, because of opposition from Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama, who view it as a Congressional infringement on the executive branch’s constitutional authority over foreign policy; they have consistently claimed the presidential waiver on national security interests.

Democrats walk the plank and restore God and Jersualem.

Go Fox News!

I guess Israel and God are second thoughts to the Godless Democrats. Hell they should have just stuck it back into the platform instead of exposing their idiocy for all to see.

Hopefully the vote, the confusion by their leaders then the booing gets on YOUTUBE.

A woman holding a sign reading "Arab American Democrat" was really upset at the decision.

Democrats reinstate

I doubt that Obama regards Jerusalem as Israel's capital in light of his views over the past few years. I think he sides with Muslims.

I am betting they hoped no one would report that they deliberately planned to omit God and that they would not recognize Jerusalem as belong to Israel. They think they can fool people and will learn it's not that easy these days.

Im confused why this is a thing.... Who cares if the dems have god in their platform, or not :confused: ?

Judging from the nays in the voice vote and boos when the chair passed the rule, a lot of Democrats don't want God in their platform.

Im confused why this is a thing.... Who cares if the dems have god in their platform, or not :confused: ?

Judging from the nays in the voice vote and boos when the chair passed the rule, a lot of Democrats don't want God in their platform.

Exactly! Why should a fictitious Sky Daddy be in the DNC platform? There's no Sky Daddy in the U.S. Constitution.

Let's see if this is right...
Obama is OK with the fact that God and Jerusalem were left out.
Then when the Democrat party catches shit for doing what Obama was fine with
Obama then comes to the rescue and he's the man.

That pretty much sums it up.:clap2:

Exactly! Why should a fictitious Sky Daddy be in the DNC platform? There's no Sky Daddy in the U.S. Constitution.

I agree. Apparently is a BFD to conservatives :dunno:

Forum List

Back