Glenn Beck could go to jail?

After Trump's rape trial - maybe the two of them could share a cell. Maybe even a prison romance...

You'd be jealous of either one.....and wishing you were their girlfriend instead.

Is trolling all you do? How old are you?

You are just glad that it isn't Slick who committed this assault, then it would be Hillary publicly bringing down his victim

I'm sorry, but you don't even make sense anymore? Have you had your rabies shot lately? Psych test? Meds adjustment?

I always love liberals who in your great intelligence don't get anything, it certainly shows your cunning insight when you say, duh, I don't get it

Let's see who gets what on November 9...

You all on page 5 got pretty silly.

Yes, a judge could jail Beck or you or me for contempt.

No, HRC is not throwing anyone off a bridge.

Much the way that the GOP screwed itself by giving in to nutjob conspiracies resulting in Trump, Beck has seemingly screwed himself in the same way. After the Boston bombing, Beck was SOOO hell-bent on fomenting partisan hatred and insanity, that he attempted to destroy the life of a completely innocent man in a ratings grab.

Now, much like the GOP and Losin' Donald's nomination, it's coming back to bite him in the ass:

In the weeks after the 2013 attack that killed three people and injured 264 others, the conservative media host reported that a Saudi Arabian student was part of the plot. Authorities had “tagged” 20-year-old Abdulrahman Alharbi as a “proven terrorist” who funded the operation, Beck alleged.

“You know who the Saudi is?” Beck, formerly of Fox News, said. “He’s the guy who paid for it.”

The claim was untrue. Police did question Alharbi, who had attended the marathon and was injured in the blast. They even searched his apartment and Facebook account. Within a day of the attack, authorities had cleared him of any wrongdoing.

That didn’t stop Beck from pushing the “money man” theory. In several radio broadcasts and posts on his website TheBlaze, Beck claimed that Alharbi recruited the two brothers who carried out the attack, and ultimately gave them the “go order” for the bombing.

In an order issued Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Patti B. Saris in Massachusetts ruled that Beck must identify at least two officials from the Department of Homeland Security who, according to Beck, gave TheBlaze the information purportedly linking Alharbi to the bombing.

The ruling came in a defamation lawsuit Alharbi filed after the attack alleging that Beck falsely accused him of participating in it, causing him “grave injury.”

Saris’s order could set up a First Amendment battle. If Beck refuses to comply, the judge could impose sanctions or even take the extreme step of jailing Beck for contempt.

Judge orders Glenn Beck to reveal sources for story linking innocent man to Boston Marathon bombing

After Trump's rape trial - maybe the two of them could share a cell. Maybe even a prison romance...
Hey Jackass party supporter, there is no Trump rape trial.

Yet

A third woman alleges she was sexually assaulted by Donald Trump

And?

When you have a proven mother fucker getting his dick sucked in the Oval Office what's your problem with these allegations?

Because everyone knows that getting a consensual blowjob from a legal adult is completely equivalent to having sex with a 12-year old sex slave.

So with no proof you are calling Trump a pedophile. Special. That Trump fucks 12 year olds. Special. That Trump had a 12 year old sex slave. Special.

Much the way that the GOP screwed itself by giving in to nutjob conspiracies resulting in Trump, Beck has seemingly screwed himself in the same way. After the Boston bombing, Beck was SOOO hell-bent on fomenting partisan hatred and insanity, that he attempted to destroy the life of a completely innocent man in a ratings grab.

Now, much like the GOP and Losin' Donald's nomination, it's coming back to bite him in the ass:

In the weeks after the 2013 attack that killed three people and injured 264 others, the conservative media host reported that a Saudi Arabian student was part of the plot. Authorities had “tagged” 20-year-old Abdulrahman Alharbi as a “proven terrorist” who funded the operation, Beck alleged.

“You know who the Saudi is?” Beck, formerly of Fox News, said. “He’s the guy who paid for it.”

The claim was untrue. Police did question Alharbi, who had attended the marathon and was injured in the blast. They even searched his apartment and Facebook account. Within a day of the attack, authorities had cleared him of any wrongdoing.

That didn’t stop Beck from pushing the “money man” theory. In several radio broadcasts and posts on his website TheBlaze, Beck claimed that Alharbi recruited the two brothers who carried out the attack, and ultimately gave them the “go order” for the bombing.

In an order issued Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Patti B. Saris in Massachusetts ruled that Beck must identify at least two officials from the Department of Homeland Security who, according to Beck, gave TheBlaze the information purportedly linking Alharbi to the bombing.

The ruling came in a defamation lawsuit Alharbi filed after the attack alleging that Beck falsely accused him of participating in it, causing him “grave injury.”

Saris’s order could set up a First Amendment battle. If Beck refuses to comply, the judge could impose sanctions or even take the extreme step of jailing Beck for contempt.

Judge orders Glenn Beck to reveal sources for story linking innocent man to Boston Marathon bombing

This is the man that annointed Cruz and claimed the White Horse Prophecy.

FUCK YOU for trying to link Beck to Trump.
Beck spent his entire career paving the way for Trump. You should be grateful. Now he has to look on in horror at what he's done, and may have to do so from a jail cell.

Yep, Trump was Beck's boy all the way.

What part of Beck hates Trump did you miss?

Finally his big mouth is going to be filled with his foot. When are judges going to take similar action against Dimbaugh and Scammity.

Watch yourself.

LOL huh? What does that mean.

Just giving you a heads up. I come from Free Dominion times. You can get screwed on a board. And worst yet the board can get screwed. These days watch yourself. You are a good poster.

What are you charging Hannity and Limbaugh with? Be careful here.

Be careful of what, I mean you need to keep your conspiracy voice inside your head and not let it out into the fresh air. Go bother someone else with this nonsense.

Just giving you a heads up. I come from Free Dominion times. You can get screwed on a board. And worst yet the board can get screwed. These days watch yourself. You are a good poster.

What are you charging Hannity and Limbaugh with? Be careful here.

LOL I'm not worried about it at all. Relax.

You'd be jealous of either one.....and wishing you were their girlfriend instead.

You are just glad that it isn't Slick who committed this assault, then it would be Hillary publicly bringing down his victim

I'm sorry, but you don't even make sense anymore? Have you had your rabies shot lately? Psych test? Meds adjustment?

I always love liberals who in your great intelligence don't get anything, it certainly shows your cunning insight when you say, duh, I don't get it

Still don't get it, wow, that's such keen intelligence. I mean you have to be really smart to not get it again, Tonto. Have another white whine spritzer, pretendian

You post a comment about Trumps rape trial and then call me a troll ? :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Besides being a moron and a jerk, you are hypocrite.

Either way, the American people are screwed.

Either way, the American people are screwed.

Sadly, yep

Glenn is a Mormon and a Conservative. Romney, tyroneweaver, and Avatar are Mormons (of the LDS sect) and Republicans.
I knew Beck, Romney and Tyrone were conservatives and Mormons. If those fucks are going to call me a liberal when I'm a conservative and a former Republican until Aug 9, 1974, then I'll just call those types who are irrational far right wing idiots and Mormons, Mormons in kind. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
I don't remember calling you a liberal.
btw: Beck, and Romney are not cons. They're to far to the left for me.
Memory goes second after too many years on a tractor! Politically speaking, if I were in Omaha Nebraska, Beck, Romney and you would be somewhere between the Atlantic coastline and the Azores and Sanders and Clinton would be somewhere between the Pacific coast and Hawaii viewing the map with those puffy cheeked cherubs in all four corners blowing like Hell and dragons frolicking in the oceans!
I spent the majority of my life driving 1086's, 400's, 656's, and a 460.
As I recall, there's a lot of beets in the ground between Twin Falls and Burley along with alpha. No wonder you spent so much time on those big IH's. My uncle had a place just outside Idaho Falls farming spuds and alpha for the most part (btw, all my cousins and my aunt were LDS and still are). Got my intro. to JD's there and eventually got a 2020 and put a 145 loader on it when we moved onto our own very modest 34 acre place in WA in 1979. Mostly for utility work but also got at least two cuttings of prime timothy to put up for the horse folks every year and for our own beef.

Cheers!
With the Closing of C&H, Idaho will now grow 30 pct of the sugar grown in the US
That's cool you have family that are LDS in Idaho Falls
Glenn is a Mormon and a Conservative. Romney, tyroneweaver, and Avatar are Mormons (of the LDS sect) and Republicans.
I knew Beck, Romney and Tyrone were conservatives and Mormons. If those fucks are going to call me a liberal when I'm a conservative and a former Republican until Aug 9, 1974, then I'll just call those types who are irrational far right wing idiots and Mormons, Mormons in kind. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
I don't remember calling you a liberal.
btw: Beck, and Romney are not cons. They're to far to the left for me.
Memory goes second after too many years on a tractor! Politically speaking, if I were in Omaha Nebraska, Beck, Romney and you would be somewhere between the Atlantic coastline and the Azores and Sanders and Clinton would be somewhere between the Pacific coast and Hawaii viewing the map with those puffy cheeked cherubs in all four corners blowing like Hell and dragons frolicking in the oceans!
I spent the majority of my life driving 1086's, 400's, 656's, and a 460.
As I recall, there's a lot of beets in the ground between Twin Falls and Burley along with alpha. No wonder you spent so much time on those big IH's. My uncle had a place just outside Idaho Falls farming spuds and alpha for the most part (btw, all my cousins and my aunt were LDS and still are). Got my intro. to JD's there and eventually got a 2020 and put a 145 loader on it when we moved onto our own very modest 34 acre place in WA in 1979. Mostly for utility work but also got at least two cuttings of prime timothy to put up for the horse folks every year and for our own beef.

Cheers!
With the closing of C&H Idaho will grow 30 pct of the Sugar consumed in the US
That's cool you have family that are LDS in IF.
Those 2020's were good tractors.

Beck is insane, but absolutely NO ONE should be FOR the government being allowed to force him to reveal his sources.

I swear some of you idiots place your ideology above all, don't you.
If he has to release it to the judge, it should remain confidential.

How do you go to jail from a defamation lawsuit ?
You go to jail for refusing a judge's order to release the name. Contempt of court. However, I believe journalists have gone to jail for this before and they eventually get out of it because a journalists sources are protected.

That would be a good place for him. He's a freaking lunatic and should be off the streets in a padded room somewhere.
Off the airwaves would be even better.

You go to jail for refusing a judge's order to release the name. Contempt of court. However, I believe journalists have gone to jail for this before and they eventually get out of it because a journalists sources are protected.
I'm for protecting whistleblowers (even Snowden) and reporters, but I'm not sure any of the is present in this case.

I'm for protecting whistleblowers (even Snowden) and reporters, but I'm not sure any of the is present in this case.
Wasn't Beck "reporting" when he made his statements? If he can back up his source, he can't be held liable, can he? It seems like it would fall under the reporters' protection, but I don't know much about slander/libel laws. Maybe even if you reasonably believe it to be true, it can still be slander/libel?

Wasn't Beck "reporting" when he made his statements? If he can back up his source, he can't be held liable, can he? It seems like it would fall under the reporters' protection, but I don't know much about slander/libel laws. Maybe even if you reasonably believe it to be true, it can still be slander/libel?

I just have a hard time thinking of Beck as a journalist.

If the plaintiff was a public person or elected official, they'd have to show Beck disregarded whether what he said was truthful. Since the plaintiff here was a private person whom Beck falsely and repeatedly said was a terrorist, the standard is just negligence. I'd guess that if he really has two sources who were inside the Boston investigation and who told him the guy was guilty or would be arrested or something, then he's got a decent defense.

If he just made shite up, or if he kept on with his terrorist claim after being told it was false, which it actually was, then he should probably be asking how much he should write the check for.

Forum List

Back