Girlfriend wants to move in

My girlfriend of one month wants to move in with me but I'm not sure I want her to. She is 8 years younger, very pretty and has a good job. We have a lot of common interests with the exception of musical taste. She is an avid Taylor Swift fan and is always playing her music while I prefer classic rock.

That kinda thing can work,the Wife and I moved in together after a couple months and we've now been married for over 30 years.
On the other side of the spectrum the Wife and I and one other set of friends are the only two couples who havent had a divorce.
If it were me I'd do it,that way you'll find out real quick if y'all are compatible before things go to far.
Dont know if you own your own home or not but thats something to consider.

My girlfriend of one month wants to move in with me but I'm not sure I want her to. She is 8 years younger, very pretty and has a good job. We have a lot of common interests with the exception of musical taste. She is an avid Taylor Swift fan and is always playing her music while I prefer classic rock.
Don't live together until you are married. would be my advice. So many couples don't learn about each other because they're spending time in the sack, and that clouds judgment. It implies a commitment that isn't there. I myself wouldn't even consider a woman who wanted to move. That would nullify her right there. It would prove her values aren't the same as mine. It would also mean she's likely to do it with someone else. I've seen this happen repeatedly.

Last edited:
Don't live together until you are married. would be my advice. So many couples don't learn about each other because they're spending time in the sack, and that clouds judgment. It implies a commitment that isn't there. I myself wouldn't even consider a woman who wanted to move. That would nullify her right there. It would prove her values aren't the same as mine. It would also mean she's likely to do it with someone else. I've seen this happen repeatedly.

I dont agree with your opinion.
Living together before marriage can bring out what a person is really like before you sign on the dotted line.
In a lot of states you've just signed over half of your net worth once you get married.
If your wife wants to move it should be a joint opinion. In my case the Wife and I want the same thing when we move and we knew that before we married.
We both want to move to the boonies once retired.
I think it's a good idea to live together and sort out all of your wants and see if they're compatible before getting hitched.
I dont know if it helped but I told my future wife I'd kill her a bury her in the woods if she tried to divorce me....;)

Living together before marriage can bring out what a person is really like before you sign on the dotted line.
In a lot of states you've just signed over half of your net worth once you get married.
If your wife wants to move it should be a joint opinion. In my case the Wife and I want the same thing when we move and we knew that before we married.
I think it's a good idea to live together and sort out all of your wants and see if they're compatible before getting hitched.
I dont know if it helped but I told my future wife I'd kill her a bury her in the woods if she tried to divorce me....;)
Statistics show cohabitation before marriage generally harms marriage longevity. Trial marriages sound good in theory, but rarely work.

Statistics show cohabitation before marriage generally harms marriage longevity. Trial marriages sound good in theory, but rarely work.

Your highlighted message says before engagement not marriage.
Every relationship is different,some work some dont. In the Wife and I's case it worked splendidly.
She divorced her previous husband and their marriage was as close to an arranged marriage as you can get.
Her father was a judge and her husband was from a very influencencle family.
My current Wife divorced him because he was abusive.
And yes they didnt live together until after they were married.
Turned out to be a horrible idea.
As far as your source goes I dont believe em.

Well, I think Ol' boy (if this situation is even real) should get to know the girl a little bit better before he brings her into his home.

I'm having shades about the guy that worked with me's son.

He was with this girl for a little while, then they moved in together...

Then he furnished a house full of furniture..

And then he was out a houseful of furniture and a gun and some car ramps and a dog and a place to live in a couple months.

That kinda thing can work,the Wife and I moved in together after a couple months and we've now been married for over 30 years.
On the other side of the spectrum the Wife and I and one other set of friends are the only two couples who havent had a divorce.
If it were me I'd do it,that way you'll find out real quick if y'all are compatible before things go to far.
Dont know if you own your own home or not but thats something to consider.
That is bad advice. You should never have sex with someone "experimentally"

Get to know the person, become best friends and know the person for a LONG time without any sex involved.

THEN get married and go frm there.

I've seen people ignore that kind of "advice" (My Church teaches what I just said) and it is a disaster. Just because it worked out in your case is not a reason to try it.

Well, I think Ol' boy (if this situation is even real) should get to know the girl a little bit better before he brings her into his home.

And then he was out a houseful of furniture and a gun and some car ramps and a dog and a place to live in a couple months.
how did that happen?

If a couple is not married, I don't see how anyone can take the other person to the cleaners when it falls apart.

They weren't married and he got screwed like that?

Your highlighted message says before engagement not marriage.
Every relationship is different,some work some dont. In the Wife and I's case it worked splendidly.
She divorced her previous husband and their marriage was as close to an arranged marriage as you can get.
Her father was a judge and her husband was from a very influencencle family.
My current Wife divorced him because he was abusive.
And yes they didnt live together until after they were married.
Turned out to be a horrible idea.
As far as your source goes I dont believe em.
She didn't take long enough to get to know him well. There were red flags (there always are) but she ignored them Love is truly blind.

They weren't married and he got screwed like that?
Oh yeah. She went around behind him and got his name off the lease. He had no legal recourse.

Things like that=it was planned. She kept his dog, even. It just happened to be her idea to get it, too.

The Dude sounds like a dumbass.
Well, me and my buddy kinda saw it coming and tried to warn him, but he was thinking with his pecker.

You know, we've seen this kind of thing before..years ago.

He's a grown man technically. All we could do is give him some friendly advice.

At least he didn't knock her up.

Well, me and my buddy kinda saw it coming and tried to warn him, but he was thinking with his pecker.

You know, we've seen this kind of thing before..years ago.

He's a grown man technically. All we could do is give him some friendly advice.

At least he didn't knock her up.

Maybe he'll learn something from his experience.
Most Dudes get fucked over at some point in their lives by some bimbo.

Maybe he'll learn something from his experience.
Most Dudes get fucked over at some point in their lives by some bimbo.
If he doesn't? Well that's on him. He's still got stuff in my buddy's shed. He hasn't moved in with the new one yet, so maybe he did.

1 month? No. Hell no. Fuck no.

You have a incredibly high chance of things ending badly or you being miserable if she wants to move in so quickly. She either has issues, incredibly impatient, or she wants a roommate to pay for stuff

You shouldn't even be spending the night at each other's place in the first month.

In the first everything is still new and exciting, learning about each other, high on the excitement of a new relationship and so on. But that will not last.

I'm telling you don't do it. You can keep seeing her, but if you let her move in so fast you'll regret it later. I'd bet a paycheck on it

Its rare to find the perfect match with matching passions.

So if she has a good job and pretty sounds good so far

IF you having doubts then then you should let her go because it sounds as if your not ready for the commitment.

Also I think age difference is a major factor in that decision.

Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.

Forum List

Back