Beyonce Inflicts Unspeakable Horrors on Dolly Parton’s “Jolene”

Lord Long Rod

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2023

It is big news that Bouncy (Beyoncé) has pulled a genre bender and put out country music. Even I am mystified by this move. Perhaps 🤔 it is a move to feature her in Daisy Duke cut-offs?

The R&B/soul/pop queen has recorded a version of Dolly Parton’s iconic song, “Jolene”, and completely re-did the lyrics to make it about a ghetto “Queen” getting ghetto with the “bitch” that wants to get with her man.🙄

Now, we all know this is the antithesis of the original “Jolene”. It is like re-writing the “Star Spangled Banner” to lament losing a battle to the American colonists.

You do not simply step into another genre of music and take a dump on a classic. “Jolene” epressed the vulnerability emotional angst of every trad wife for generations; i.e., the Power of the Strange (POS). Some men are powerless to it. The title character - Jolene - is the prototypical homewrecker.

Bouncy screws all this up by her attempt to convert the song to some sort of vision of “I am woMaN, hear me Roarrrr!!” I have no qualm with this message, per se. But do it in an original and creative way rather than completely bastardizing someone else’s work.

I find Bouncy’s act to be gross, shallow, lazy, and tacky. It is also rather contradictory in a sense since she is still married to “Jay-Zzzz”, even though he has cheated on her many, many times. This fact makes Bouncy’s remake of “Jolene” seem sort of unhinged and a delusional sense of herself.

There is more alleged country music she had released. I pray that it never reaches my ears. Also of note in the linked article is the mention that Hannah Montana Miley Cyrus is related to Dolly Parton, which explains the popular success of the former child star. This never made sense to me, even with a country singer daddy famous for a song called “Achy Breaky Heart”.😟

It is big news that Bouncy (Beyoncé) has pulled a genre bender and put out country music. Even I am mystified by this move. Perhaps 🤔 it is a move to feature her in Daisy Duke cut-offs?

The R&B/soul/pop queen has recorded a version of Dolly Parton’s iconic song, “Jolene”, and completely re-did the lyrics to make it about a ghetto “Queen” getting ghetto with the “bitch” that wants to get with her man.🙄

Now, we all know this is the antithesis of the original “Jolene”. It is like re-writing the “Star Spangled Banner” to lament losing a battle to the American colonists.

You do not simply step into another genre of music and take a dump on a classic. “Jolene” epressed the vulnerability emotional angst of every trad wife for generations; i.e., the Power of the Strange (POS). Some men are powerless to it. The title character - Jolene - is the prototypical homewrecker.

Bouncy screws all this up by her attempt to convert the song to some sort of vision of “I am woMaN, hear me Roarrrr!!” I have no qualm with this message, per se. But do it in an original and creative way rather than completely bastardizing someone else’s work.

I find Bouncy’s act to be gross, shallow, lazy, and tacky. It is also rather contradictory in a sense since she is still married to “Jay-Zzzz”, even though he has cheated on her many, many times. This fact makes Bouncy’s remake of “Jolene” seem sort of unhinged and a delusional sense of herself.

There is more alleged country music she had released. I pray that it never reaches my ears. Also of note in the linked article is the mention that Hannah Montana Miley Cyrus is related to Dolly Parton, which explains the popular success of the former child star. This never made sense to me, even with a country singer daddy famous for a song called “Achy Breaky Heart”.😟
Dolly wanted her to record Jolene.

You chose Beyonce( a black woman) and not Miley Cyrus (a white woman) who also recorded that song. All this hate for Beyonce is because she is black. You know and I know it
Hatred? No, dismay at the de-evolution of a song loved by millions. Cyrus did a cover, that's a huge difference that a race hustlers, like you, ignores.

So let me get this straught:

You are crybabying about an album you have never listened to and will never listen to.

Thin skinned babies

Personally, I think Jolene got a bad rap in all of this.

The old man was probably the scoundrel the whole time.

Difference in the two different themes of the song, at least to me, is that in Dolly's version, she pretty much puts Jolene on a pedestal and pleads with her, whereas Beyonce's version is like, oh yeah, well I will whip that ass, biatch...

So, then, in Beyonce's version, Jolene is portrayed as the instigator.

In Dolly's version it sounds more like a jealous wife pleading because her old man is infatuated with some other chick.

Last edited:
You do not simply step into another genre of music and take a dump on a classic.
I know nothing about current music, but I do know that in 2024, this Beyonce person can sing any song that she wants and that it would be very unwise to criticize her in public.

Forum List

Back