Ginsberg says she will stay till 2020...despite not able to show up.

well the rules for voting change from state to state in how it's done and counted. if we do 1 man 1 vote or try to "popularize" it, the problems you run into are not insignificant. you'd be creating a brand new system of complexities and compensations. you simply can't say "popular vote, you won" cause it's nowhere near that simple but so many on the left have not thought it through from stem to stern.

Our country was designed to elect Representatives by popular vote, Senators by state legislatures and the President by appointees of each state. Its called "Federalism". And it was exquisitely designed.
So what do we do when some liberal says "the people never voted for Gorsuch in a popular vote..he is illegitimate"? Do you try and explain that Supreme Court justices..like Presidents..are not subject to popular votes? Or do you just exterminate liberals?

Gorsuch is doubly not legitimate

1 He filled a seat that a previous President was denied the right to fill
2. He was nominated by a President who was not popularly elected

More false statements.

Gorsuch will forever be viewed as filling Garlands seat

In lib fantasyland.

Gorsuch*

Will republicans pass a law that if you are recovering from illness you must resign
Note: I am not a republican.

If she is recovering from an illness, I do not support any action to force her resignation.

BUT, if there is legitimate concern that people are hiding her death for the sole purpose of holding open a SCOTUS seat, it is not unreasonable to ask for proof that she is still alive. And, because proving that a person in hiding is alive is much easier than proving someone who is in hiding is actually dead, the burden of such proof should be on RBG to prove she is living.

If it goes on long enough without proof, the president should assume she is dead and appoint a new justice, with that appointment being rescinded if and when RBG reappears.

That should apply in all situations.

That's all I am saying.
I assume you had no issues with holding open a seat until Obama left office

It’s at the POTUS’ discretion whether or not to appoint a temporary or permanent replacement for Ginsburg. Couple of close cases coming up & we can’t have a divided court.

They don’t have to go that far. There are rules regarding judicial fitness to sit at a bench. From the 9th circuit federal court. Rule 3(e) Rules for Judicial-Conduct and Judicial-Disability Proceedings
Rules?

RULES?

do you know who were talking about here?
Yes Bootney. I do. A federal judicial officer. Might want to read the link.

The Chief Justice writes the rules for the federal judiciary - EXCEPT FOR SCOTUS!

There are no rules for the Associate Justices beyond what is cited in the constitution.

They don’t have to go that far. There are rules regarding judicial fitness to sit at a bench. From the 9th circuit federal court. Rule 3(e) Rules for Judicial-Conduct and Judicial-Disability Proceedings
Rules?

RULES?

The Chief Justice writes the rules for the federal judiciary - EXCEPT FOR SCOTUS!

There are no rules for the Associate Justices beyond what is cited in the constitution.
We will see. Justices are judges. So they must be fit to sit. There are no rules about them not being in a coma .& sitting. But I’m sure their fitness would then disqualify them.

Rules?

RULES?

We will see. Justices are judges. So they must be fit to sit. There are no rules about them not being in a coma .& sitting. But I’m sure their fitness would then disqualify them.

And there is no rule that the Chief Justice or an Associate Justice has to be a member of a bar association or even an attorney at law.

Will republicans pass a law that if you are recovering from illness you must resign

If she is recovering from an illness, I do not support any action to force her resignation.

BUT, if there is legitimate concern that people are hiding her death for the sole purpose of holding open a SCOTUS seat, it is not unreasonable to ask for proof that she is still alive. And, because proving that a person in hiding is alive is much easier than proving someone who is in hiding is actually dead, the burden of such proof should be on RBG to prove she is living.

If it goes on long enough without proof, the president should assume she is dead and appoint a new justice, with that appointment being rescinded if and when RBG reappears.

That's all I am saying.
The Repubs are the lap dogs of progressives. Until Trump. Anyway, Ginsberg is a perfect example of the swamp. The rode to equality through the decline of a nation. AOC would kill a person like her when she becomes completely corrupted. She has that star trek mirror universe demented valley girl look going. Ginsberg is an azz that enabled the extremisms in our nation. Learning nothing from the nation that gave her opportunity especially when other nations have had anti semitic horrors in history. Now we are a nation where we call everyone nasty names now. But the protected groups get a free pass while others are condemned and destroyed.

It’s at the POTUS’ discretion whether or not to appoint a temporary or permanent replacement for Ginsburg. Couple of close cases coming up & we can’t have a divided court.
No, a president can not appoint a temporary justice
Obama had a vacant seat for a year

That's all I am saying.
The Repubs are the lap dogs of progressives. Until Trump. Anyway, Ginsberg is a perfect example of the swamp. The rode to equality through the decline of a nation. AOC would kill a person like her when she becomes completely corrupted. She has that star trek mirror universe demented valley girl look going. Ginsberg is an azz that enabled the extremisms in our nation. Learning nothing from the nation that gave her opportunity especially when other nations have had anti semitic horrors in history. Now we are a nation where we call everyone nasty names now. But the protected groups get a free pass while others are condemned and destroyed.
Clarence Thomas

Nuff said

He was a legal flunkie though, don't forget.

Pretty sure there are rules allowing and we'll likely hear more about this situation at the state of the union address that Pelosi for *some* reason is trying to postpone...

Ginsburg knows the deal with politics and the SCOTUS these days. (highly unfortunate that the SCOTUS is so politicized, but it is) Can't believe anyone thought she might retire soon.

She thought the elites would succeed in foisting Hillary on us.

She made a colossal error in judgement. Now she's stuck there until possibly 2025 if Trump wins again. If she only intends to hand on for political supposes I can't think of a worse way to live out the final years of your life.

The Senate could impeach her for lack of fitness to sit.
Impeachment starts in the House, ya dumbshit. :eusa_doh:
You know I saw a recent clip of Pelosi. She’s really shaken up over something. She is grieving something & that body language was dripping out of her pores. Stumbling speech. Forgetful. Like she was completely distracted by emotions she was suppressing at the time.

The Senate could impeach her for lack of fitness to sit.
Impeachment starts in the House, ya dumbshit. :eusa_doh:
You know I saw a recent clip of Pelosi. She’s really shaken up over something. She is grieving something & that body language was dripping out of her pores. Stumbling speech. Forgetful. Like she was completely distracted by emotions she was suppressing at the time.
Whatever delusions you suffer do not alter the reality that Ginsberg will not be impeached with Pelosi in charge of the House, which is where impeachments originate. Not to mention, it would also require 2/3rds of the Senate to concur, which is also not going to happen. Sadly for you, you remain without an option to unseat her other than either her own choice to step down or by her death, whichever occurs first.

Forum List

Back