Gay Pride Parade

A place for good wholesome family entertainment:

Gay-parade-1998-002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Burp: Actually ... no ... it's not the only place. In Western Washington we had the "Naked Bike" parade, which was worse but nothing to do with gay people, civil rights, or pride in oneself.
Painted Naked Cyclists of the Fremont Summer Solstice Parade
I think there are others in the country to.

Then there is Mardis Gras, which was forced to clean up in some areas but not all.

Then there's all the sex shops in cities (being a bit nitpicky here but meh).

Burning Man .... nuff said.

... and many more. Pride Day is just a target because it was started by a controversial group.

1. You completely lack the understanding of what Pride Parades and Pride Days are.

2. I am so sick of seeing suits that I really just want to puke every time I see anyone dressed in them. They're boring, bland, and done to death.

Nope, I don't misunderstand it at all. They are designed to shock. Look at the pictures.

And suits being boring, bland and done to death? It's called a sign of respect. They are difficult to maintain, cost money, and take time to set up properly. This all shows that you are willing to take the time to do something difficult and do it right.

Anyone can wear shorts and a t-shirt to a job interview. But they don't. They take TIME and PATIENCE and show RESOLVE by dressing PROFESSIONALLY.

The following pictures are REAL Civil Rights Marches:

cr0030s.jpg

selma_heschel_web.jpg

PH2007122101527.jpg

What more can be said, so many great posts. Openly breaking the law is only hurting gay people.

They are awaking a sleeping America.

You dotn get to tell people how to speak.

That is America.

It still exsists in some parts of the country.

Nor do you get to tell them what they should think. Thank God. Gay Pride parades are extremists flaunting their aberrant sexual behavior in the face of heterosexuals for no more reason than shock value. It's an excuse to behave badly, nothing more.

If anything, the parades turn many otherwise tolerant people against gays in general for the bad behavior of the few.

There is absolutely NO logic behind ANY idea that gay pride parades do anything to promote any cause.

And to whoever said it's to advance civil rights for gays, they already have the exact same civil rights everyone else does, so let's call a spade a spade. What they want are special, additional rights that cater solely to their aberrant behavior.

Burp: Actually ... no ... it's not the only place. In Western Washington we had the "Naked Bike" parade, which was worse but nothing to do with gay people, civil rights, or pride in oneself.
Painted Naked Cyclists of the Fremont Summer Solstice Parade
I think there are others in the country to.

Then there is Mardis Gras, which was forced to clean up in some areas but not all.

Then there's all the sex shops in cities (being a bit nitpicky here but meh).

Burning Man .... nuff said.

... and many more. Pride Day is just a target because it was started by a controversial group.

Thank you. I stand corrected. I will adjust my statement above.

*yawn* Shock is the only unique thing we have left, and as I said, you don't understand what Pride Day is, considering you seem to think that these people actually want to behave and dress like that all the time ... you also don't seem to realize that many of the participants are not even gay, and that they are seeking to just have fun while also allowing rights activists an outlet.

*yawn* Shock is the only unique thing we have left, and as I said, you don't understand what Pride Day is, considering you seem to think that these people actually want to behave and dress like that all the time ... you also don't seem to realize that many of the participants are not even gay, and that they are seeking to just have fun while also allowing rights activists an outlet.

Have some fun? Never thought about that. This does look like fun.

gay.jpg

I was always under the impression that, except for sexual preference, gay people were just like straight people.

Many you cant not tell but if the puplic knows they are gay they are in more dnager enve today.

Its very sad but true.

Then maybe going around screaming who you sleep with (which is really no one's business anyways) isn't such a great idea. Just saying.

no kidding ...where is the chronic masturbaters parade..or the masturbaters pride day
what about puppy love and such ...wheres their parade...keep it in the closet no one needs to parade their sexuality down main street...don't ask ...don't tell sounds good to me

You dotn get to tell people how to speak.

That is America.

It still exsists in some parts of the country.

Nor do you get to tell them what they should think. Thank God. Gay Pride parades are extremists flaunting their aberrant sexual behavior in the face of heterosexuals for no more reason than shock value. It's an excuse to behave badly, nothing more.

If anything, the parades turn many otherwise tolerant people against gays in general for the bad behavior of the few.

There is absolutely NO logic behind ANY idea that gay pride parades do anything to promote any cause.

And to whoever said it's to advance civil rights for gays, they already have the exact same civil rights everyone else does, so let's call a spade a spade. What they want are special, additional rights that cater solely to their aberrant behavior.

They dont have the same rights but they do have vastly larger numbers than other groups who seem to think calling for secession from the union, slandering the president of the United States and spewing hate on the majority of American voters is good for the country and will increase their numbers.

I went to several Day of Silence events around the city yesterday. There was definitely a political feeling to them.

It was too cold where she is.

It really was quite pleasant weather-wise last night.

There was some stuff I thought was less than tasteful, but it also wasn't a parade. 1 event was a rally, the others were indoor shows.

It was too cold where she is.

It really was quite pleasant weather-wise last night.

There was some stuff I thought was less than tasteful, but it also wasn't a parade. 1 event was a rally, the others were indoor shows.

Less than tasteful? For example? And why do you think people felt it necessary to dress like that.

A place for good wholesome family entertainment:

Gay-parade-1998-002.jpg

How come rightwing men on this board are always cruising the interwebs, and posting photos of naked men here? It seems to be a trend.

Yo dude, I know these photos are shocking (and evidently tanatalizing?) to rightwing men. I know you dudes are used to frumpy church ladies, and suits and ties.

But the shit that goes on at gay pride parades, is no more shocking than what I've seen at Mardi Gras parades.

If you don't like it, DON'T LOOK. Its weird that you seem oddly intrigued by it, given that you dudes surf the web for these photos, and post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
How come rightwing men on this board are always cruising the interwebs, and posting photos of naked men here? It seems to be a trend.

Yo dude, I know these photos are shocking (and evidently tanatalizing?) to rightwing men. I know you dudes are used to frumpy church ladies, and suits and ties.

But the shit that goes on at gay pride parades, is no more shocking than what I've seen at Mardi Gras parades.

If you don't like it, DON'T LOOK. Its weird that you seem oddly intrigued by it, given that you dudes surf the web for these photos, and post them.

You just re-posted them by quoting Burp. How come you're re-posting photos of naked men? Must be a trend.

At least the Pride Parade here doesn't turn into a bloody brawl like the Mardis Gras ones do here ... :eusa_whistle:

I believe we've had a couple St. Paddies Day Parade brawls too recently.

Forum List

Back