Gay Pride Parade

You dotn get to tell people how to speak.

That is America.

It still exsists in some parts of the country.

Nor do you get to tell them what they should think. Thank God. Gay Pride parades are extremists flaunting their aberrant sexual behavior in the face of heterosexuals for no more reason than shock value. It's an excuse to behave badly, nothing more.

If anything, the parades turn many otherwise tolerant people against gays in general for the bad behavior of the few.

There is absolutely NO logic behind ANY idea that gay pride parades do anything to promote any cause.

And to whoever said it's to advance civil rights for gays, they already have the exact same civil rights everyone else does, so let's call a spade a spade. What they want are special, additional rights that cater solely to their aberrant behavior.

They dont have the same rights but they do have vastly larger numbers than other groups who seem to think calling for secession from the union, slandering the president of the United States and spewing hate on the majority of American voters is good for the country and will increase their numbers.

The have very right under the US Constitution everyone else has. To say otherwise in the face of fact is a lie.

Which "other groups" are calling for secession? Link please. Your attempt to project the words of one person playing to a crowd on to a "group" that is peacefully and lawfully protesting what they perceive as unfair taxation is as lame as your attempting to compare that same group to gays.

Stating that gays have vastly larger numbers is a lie.

Attempting to project "slandering the President and spewing hate on the majority of American voters" onto Tea Partiers is just more dishonest, partisan hackery from you.

In summary, you have NOTHING here but a bunch of dishonest BS. As usual. And as usual, there is nothing left of your argument but smoldering ruins.

A place for good wholesome family entertainment:

Gay-parade-1998-002.jpg

How come rightwing men on this board are always cruising the interwebs, and posting photos of naked men here? It seems to be a trend.

Yo dude, I know these photos are shocking (and evidently tanatalizing?) to rightwing men. I know you dudes are used to frumpy church ladies, and suits and ties.

But the shit that goes on at gay pride parades, is no more shocking than what I've seen at Mardi Gras parades.

If you don't like it, DON'T LOOK. Its weird that you seem oddly intrigued by it, given that you dudes surf the web for these photos, and post them.

Ummm..yo dude. Let's see..where do I start.

I didn't have to really surf the net to find these pictures. I just Googled phrases like "Gay Pride Parade" with words like "disgusting" and "embarrassing" and "naked" and obscene."

Mardi Gras might be just as shocking but I don't remember hearing anybody scream "equal rights" while dancing down Bourbon Street.

Since you seem to feel this way about people at Gay Pride Parades, tell me something. Why don't we see things we see at Gay Pride Parades at other "equal rights" parades? Like the one post above, African Americans didn't run around naked. When physically handicapped people rallied for equal rights, they weren't wearing jock straps or rolling around naked?

Why do Gay Pride participants feel this is acceptable?

Last edited by a moderator:
obviously gay rights, broadly, is a political movement for equality.

If you're talking about gay pride parade specifically, my understanding is that its 80% about having a good time, and maybe 20% about showing that there's a huge and broad constituency of openly gay people in this country. Its obviously intended to show the scope and magnitude of gay america.

There are a few more aspects to the parade, often lost on many who are too stuck in their own little world to spot. The pageantry is all for show, fun, and some of it is funny. However it's not just about gay pride anymore, though that was how it started, its more about all equality.

The rainbow wasn't meant as a trademark, it's saying that people need to start seeing the color of life, that there are many differences in people and that we just need to get along. The fair in Seattle, at the end of the parade traditionally, is a collection of equal rights activists for all walks and all types, as well as charities for the poor and homeless. Also here we have more organizations for family and friends of gay people, about half those in the parade are straight people showing their support, as well as most onlookers. Over all, it's a fun event where everyone can just be themselves for a change and not worry about being attacked or harassed by anyone else.

Indeed its like mardi gra for tolerance.

My best friends in the world are a couple of gay men.

Why do people say that like it's supposed to further drive any point home?

My best friend in the whole world is a tall, skinny straight guy named Rob.

So what?

*yawn* Shock is the only unique thing we have left, and as I said, you don't understand what Pride Day is, considering you seem to think that these people actually want to behave and dress like that all the time ... you also don't seem to realize that many of the participants are not even gay, and that they are seeking to just have fun while also allowing rights activists an outlet.

The favorite argument of the elitist who refuses to be wrong or see outside his/her box: you don't understand.

Bull. I understand perfectly well and I called it exactly what it is. When that "only unique thing you have left" is detrimental to your cause, time to rethink your tactics.

I don't care whether or not the participants are gay. They are extremists trying to shove and extremist agenda down the throats of the mainstream and using bad behavior as a tactic.

What YOU don't seem to realize is the majority of gays who mind their own business and keep their bedroom antics in their bedroom are judged for the actions of these flaming 'tards.

Yo dude, I know these photos are shocking (and evidently tanatalizing?) to rightwing men. I know you dudes are used to frumpy church ladies, and suits and ties.

But the shit that goes on at gay pride parades, is no more shocking than what I've seen at Mardi Gras parades.

If you don't like it, DON'T LOOK. Its weird that you seem oddly intrigued by it, given that you dudes surf the web for these photos, and post them.

I didn't have to really surf the net to find these pictures. I just Googled phrases like "Gay Pride Parade" with words like "disgusting" and "embarrassing" and "naked" and obscene."

Mardi Gras might be just as shocking but I don't remember hearing anybody scream "equal rights" while dancing down Bourbon Street.

Since you seem to feel this way about people at Gay Pride Parades, tell me something. Why don't we see things we see at Gay Pride Parades at other "equal rights" parades? Like the one post above, African Americans didn't run around naked. When physically handicapped people rallied for equal rights, they weren't wearing jock straps or rolling around naked?

Don't confuse Pride Parade with the Gay Rights Marches ... while they replaced them, they are very different. You are looking at it from one angle, so try this one which may allow you to see how some of us who are not gay actually enjoy the events:

They got their rights, the parades are a celebration, like many others they have pageantry and some things someone will find offensive. But here's the thing, everything offends someone somewhere and no one is immune to being offended, it just won't happen. Penn and Teller demonstrated this once in a great episode of "Bullshit", sitting at a restaurant eating, then they took away everything that offended someone (except their underwear which would offend people to), the point of this is that you can't stop people from being offended, but we can learn to get along as a society. So, we don't see it as gay people seeking rights, we see it as their celebrating the equal rights everyone has gotten, they just happened to be the last we really needed (remembering Stonewall). So, many join the celebration. Seattle is slowly fading out the word 'gay' from the title for a reason, and it's one which we could all use. It takes the focus off the "gay rights movement", which is no longer needed, and places the focus on the "pride in yourself" concept. In Seattle many equal rights groups march in it, not just the gay ones. The Irish Americans have a league here, they march. The Jewish Federation has a base here, they march to. We have Little Leagues who march as well. They don't all carry "gay rights" signs, and the rainbow has become all encompassing, it's not a "gay" symbol. It's a symbol of unity and uniqueness.

Last edited by a moderator:
the number of gay people in the US has been polled at about 4%.

That is alot of people.

It was too cold where she is.

It really was quite pleasant weather-wise last night.

There was some stuff I thought was less than tasteful, but it also wasn't a parade. 1 event was a rally, the others were indoor shows.

Less than tasteful? For example? And why do you think people felt it necessary to dress like that.

Oh now you know if I get specific I'll end up getting slammed for it, so I'm not going there.

Why? Dunno... to get attention I suppose. I do agree the really wild outfits are about shocking people, which I believe is very counter productive to their cause. It makes it hard for me to believe they are trying for equality, it feels more like an attempt to change others to accept their cultural ideas.

It really was quite pleasant weather-wise last night.

There was some stuff I thought was less than tasteful, but it also wasn't a parade. 1 event was a rally, the others were indoor shows.

Less than tasteful? For example? And why do you think people felt it necessary to dress like that.

Oh now you know if I get specific I'll end up getting slammed for it, so I'm not going there.

Why? Dunno... to get attention I suppose. I do agree the really wild outfits are about shocking people, which I believe is very counter productive to their cause. It makes it hard for me to believe they are trying for equality, it feels more like an attempt to change others to accept their cultural ideas.

Out of the mouths of babes.

:clap2:

Don't confuse Pride Parade with the Gay Rights Marches ... while they replaced them, they are very different. You are looking at it from one angle, so try this one which may allow you to see how some of us who are not gay actually enjoy the events:

They got their rights, the parades are a celebration, like many others they have pageantry and some things someone will find offensive. But here's the thing, everything offends someone somewhere and no one is immune to being offended, it just won't happen. Penn and Teller demonstrated this once in a great episode of "Bullshit", sitting at a restaurant eating, then they took away everything that offended someone (except their underwear which would offend people to), the point of this is that you can't stop people from being offended, but we can learn to get along as a society. So, we don't see it as gay people seeking rights, we see it as their celebrating the equal rights everyone has gotten, they just happened to be the last we really needed (remembering Stonewall). So, many join the celebration. Seattle is slowly fading out the word 'gay' from the title for a reason, and it's one which we could all use. It takes the focus off the "gay rights movement", which is no longer needed, and places the focus on the "pride in yourself" concept. In Seattle many equal rights groups march in it, not just the gay ones. The Irish Americans have a league here, they march. The Jewish Federation has a base here, they march to. We have Little Leagues who march as well. They don't all carry "gay rights" signs, and the rainbow has become all encompassing, it's not a "gay" symbol. It's a symbol of unity and uniqueness.

I searched "gay rights" parade and found similar pictures.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not anti-gay. I just don't see why that segment of society chooses to dress (or undress) to show their pride or their desire for equal rights.

The Irish Americans, the Jewish Federation and the Little Leagues all have parades.

I bet none of them dress like the above pictures.

*yawn* Shock is the only unique thing we have left, and as I said, you don't understand what Pride Day is, considering you seem to think that these people actually want to behave and dress like that all the time ... you also don't seem to realize that many of the participants are not even gay, and that they are seeking to just have fun while also allowing rights activists an outlet.

Have some fun? Never thought about that. This does look like fun.

To some yeah ... some people like sex, some people like beer, some enjoy the club scene ... others like Bar-B-Ques (me being one) ... some like costumes ... some like music ... some like riding bikes naked for environmentalism ... some like the Sistine Chapel (which has a LOT of nudity on it) ... some like leather ... people find things fun that you don't and many things you find fun others will find offensive. If we made everything that offended someone illegal no one would be able to do anything at all.

You dotn get to tell people how to speak.

That is America.

It still exsists in some parts of the country.

Nor do you get to tell them what they should think. Thank God. Gay Pride parades are extremists flaunting their aberrant sexual behavior in the face of heterosexuals for no more reason than shock value. It's an excuse to behave badly, nothing more.

If anything, the parades turn many otherwise tolerant people against gays in general for the bad behavior of the few.

There is absolutely NO logic behind ANY idea that gay pride parades do anything to promote any cause.

And to whoever said it's to advance civil rights for gays, they already have the exact same civil rights everyone else does, so let's call a spade a spade. What they want are special, additional rights that cater solely to their aberrant behavior.
basically....i feel the same way......the parades,especially the ones i have seen through pictures in Frisco,will turn many against,who did not really care before.....sometimes they do more harm to their cause.....but then,that is something the less radical gays should do something about.....it does hurt them too.....

Do you consider them a poltical movement?

No they're not really political, its just a blatant and disrespectful way of spreading and promoting homosexual sex. Gay pride is all about being proud of having another man put their penis in another man's rectum, is that something to be proud about? Parades celebrating gay sex should *NOT* be allowed.

Last edited:

No they're not really political, its just a blatant and disrespectful way of spreading and promoting homosexual sex. Gay pride is all about being proud of having another man put their penis in another man's rectum, is that something to be proud about? Parades celebrating gay sex should be allowed.

Not sure why you brought that detailed description of their methods of sexual intercourse, since we were discussing the parades and not their practices ... deep rooted fantasies or is sex the only thing you can think of?

No they're not really political, its just a blatant and disrespectful way of spreading and promoting homosexual sex. Gay pride is all about being proud of having another man put their penis in another man's rectum, is that something to be proud about? Parades celebrating gay sex should be allowed.

Not sure why you brought that detailed description of their methods of sexual intercourse, since we were discussing the parades and not their practices ... deep rooted fantasies or is sex the only thing you can think of?

Gay pride is simply about promoting the lifestyle of gay sex acts since being gay is based on sex acts.

Perhaps many of you are unaware of how thoroughly cruel and unfairly gays were treated in the past, or perhaps some of you would like it if they were treated that way now.

But I cannot blame Gays who decided enough was enough.

It was a CRIME just to BE gay, folks.

Gays got busted just for just sitting in a bar and being..not for doing anything, but just because the cops were bored and they needed some vice arrests to justify their salaries.

I suppose that the gay movement really officially started with the Stone Wall riots in New York.

Now as to why gay parades are so overtly sexual?

Well that should be obvious...what is it that they're protesting?

They're protesting this society's criminalization of their sexuality.

Their goofy outfits and overt paropdies of their sexuality is them saying

'Fuck you. We're Gay.
This is NOT a crime.
Get the FUCK over it, BREEDERS!
Get over yourselves.
Get over your belief that you can impose your goofy religious nonsense on us.
We are not here to be your victims, and we are not going to take it anymore."
So that offends some of you?

Ahhhhh...sucks to you, I guess. Sucks that you are so fearful that you can't deal with the fact that no everyone wants to be like you.

This board has got queer obsessed fruitcakes who do nothing but think about gays and complain about them, and some of ya'll wonder STILL why gays have to MARCH?!!

Hypocrits.

Free your minds. You are tools.

Forum List

Back