Gary Johnson makes the GOP nervous..

Punks like Gary Johnson and Ross Perot give the world Bill Clinton and Barak Obama.

And the bastards never apologize.

No. The GOP offerings and the nominees chosen by people not true to their beliefs do that. I am an unenrolled but registered voter in my state for a reason. Earn my vote, don't just expect it.

If the people will always vote for who the main political parties and media promote then this same dog and pony show will go on and on.

Not really!

When you are in a position that you can not win, a sober and reasonable person would try to join the powerful party closest to his/her ideals and then try to change/influence it from within.

Egotistical and power-hungry blowhard Ralph Nader cost the Democratic party the Presidency in 2000.
Egotistical and power-hungry blowhard Ross Perot cost the Republican party the Presidency in 1996.

In both cases the egotistical blowhards advanced the stands they were against.

Real clever!!!

I understand what you are saying, but your statement that Ross Perot and Gary Johnson gave us Bill Clinton and Barack Obama is ignorant in the extreme.

You, know, I almost hope he wins at this point. He'll be horrible for the country, but there's at least a chance the suckers will wake up. Er... ok, a small chance, but it's something I guess.

If he does win, are you going to be around here making excuses for why he doesn't get rid of Obamacare?

If Romney's as bad as Obama, I'm going to be wailing and crying that took an Obama clone when I could have had the original Obama. Hmm...explain this regret I'm going to have again because I'm not getting it...

:lol:

You, know, I almost hope he wins at this point. He'll be horrible for the country, but there's at least a chance the suckers will wake up. Er... ok, a small chance, but it's something I guess.

If he does win, are you going to be around here making excuses for why he doesn't get rid of Obamacare?

If Romney's as bad as Obama, I'm going to be wailing and crying that took an Obama clone when I could have had the original Obama. Hmm...explain this regret I'm going to have again because I'm not getting it...

You should be regretting that you, and countless others, pass up the opportunity to support real change because you fall for 'lesser-of-two-evils' nonsense. If you support Romney, and he turns out to be just as bad as Obama, you've supported the status quo and thwarted real change. Get it?

You should be regretting that you, and countless others, pass up the opportunity to support real change because you fall for 'lesser-of-two-evils' nonsense. If you support Romney, and he turns out to be just as bad as Obama, you've supported the status quo and thwarted real change. Get it?

They'll never know it though. They'll just integrate whatever the party line becomes and rationalize away whatever turns out to be the truth of how Romney governs, which of course will be pretty much the same way Bush and Obama have. It's so bad that Romney wants to implement protectionist measures against China, which puts him to the LEFT of Obama, at least on that particular issue.

I think libertarians have now largely discredited themselves as credible players in the mainstream conservative movement and in the GOP. Leading libertarians, including Lew Rockwell and his folks, are urging libertarians to either vote for Johnson or not to vote at all. That is simply inexcusable when the GOP has nominated its most conservative nominee since Goldwater.

Granted, the GOP treated Ron Paul delegates very unfairly at the Republican convention by unseating them after they had already arrived and even though they had been duly elected in their home states. That was a senseless, vengeful action on the part of certain GOP officials. But libertarians have not exactly behaved well at times either.

It is downright foolish to insist on a perfect candidate who has no chance of winning when you have reasonably good candidate who has a very good chance of winning.

Good Points in Romney's Record

Let's Be Reasonable About Mitt Romney

romneymyths

Last edited:
I think libertarians have now largely discredited themselves as credible players in the mainstream conservative movement and in the GOP. Leading libertarians, including Lew Rockwell and his folks, are urging libertarians to either vote for Johnson or not to vote at all. That is simply inexcusable when the GOP has nominated its most conservative nominee since Goldwater. ...

LOL ... seriously??

Tell us about more about 'credibility'.

I think libertarians have now largely discredited themselves as credible players in the mainstream conservative movement and in the GOP. Leading libertarians, including Lew Rockwell and his folks, are urging libertarians to either vote for Johnson or not to vote at all. That is simply inexcusable when the GOP has nominated its most conservative nominee since Goldwater.

Granted, the GOP treated Ron Paul delegates very unfairly at the Republican convention by unseating them after they had already arrived and even though they had been duly elected in their home states. That was a senseless, vengeful action on the part of certain GOP officials. But libertarians have not exactly behaved well at times either.

It is downright foolish to insist on a perfect candidate who has no chance of winning when you have reasonably good candidate who has a very good chance of winning.

romneymyths

The time to stand up and back your candidate is during the primary. I did this with RON PAUL and still believe he would have been the best President we ever had. Now that time has passed, now a vote for Johnson or Paul is the same thing as a vote for Obama. You now face a choice, vote for Romney OR deal with another 4yrs of Obama. You will be the deciding factor in this election, I hope you are prepared to live with it to prove a point.

... now a vote for Johnson or Paul is the same thing as a vote for Obama.

No. It is not. At all.

You now face a choice, vote for Romney OR deal with another 4yrs of Obama. You will be the deciding factor in this election, I hope you are prepared to live with it to prove a point.

That's not the choice any single voter makes, ever. You choose which candidate you want to endorse with your vote. This is a subtle, but profound, misconception that most people have about voting. You're not choose a leader, you're expression your preference. The election process uses your input to determine who wins.

In any case, your suggestion is that if Obama wins, RP supporters who refuse to vote for Romney will be to blame. I suppose we'll also be to blame if Romney wins as well (for refusing to support Obama). Nope, I'm not buying that. I'm not voting for either of these tools and the only people to blame for electing them will be the fools who do.

WHAT?!?!?!? :lol:

We need a sane billionaire to break the 2 party system.

It's the only way it will ever happen.

I think libertarians have now largely discredited themselves as credible players in the mainstream conservative movement and in the GOP. Leading libertarians, including Lew Rockwell and his folks, are urging libertarians to either vote for Johnson or not to vote at all. That is simply inexcusable when the GOP has nominated its most conservative nominee since Goldwater. ...

LOL ... seriously??

Look at Romney's record, and keep in mind that he achieved that record while having to deal with an overwhelmingly Democratic legislature. He balanced the budget, held state spending to nearly zero real growth, cut property taxes for seniors, rebated over $270 million in capital gains taxes back to taxpayers, increased the state's reserve fund, improved the state's bond rating, increased the number of charter schools, and raised the state's job-creation ranking from 47th up to 28th.

I'm a huge fan of Reagan's, but Romney's record was even better than his.

... now a vote for Johnson or Paul is the same thing as a vote for Obama.

No. It is not. At all.

You now face a choice, vote for Romney OR deal with another 4yrs of Obama. You will be the deciding factor in this election, I hope you are prepared to live with it to prove a point.

That's not the choice any single voter makes, ever. You choose which candidate you want to endorse with your vote. This is a subtle, but profound, misconception that most people have about voting. You're not choose a leader, you're expression your preference. The election process uses your input to determine who wins.

In any case, your suggestion is that if Obama wins, RP supporters who refuse to vote for Romney will be to blame. I suppose we'll also be to blame if Romney wins as well (for refusing to support Obama). Nope, I'm not buying that. I'm not voting for either of these tools and the only people to blame for electing them will be the fools who do.
yep

romneymyths

Conservative? That means something to you? When I hear conservative, I think of someone who wants small government. The modern American liberals and European progressives define it as a reactionary who wants to maintain the status quo. to support Romney is to exhibit the behavior of the later. Perfect? No one wants a perfect candidate. Romney however is so far from what I would consider good enough that asking me to vote for him is more ridiculous than asking you to vote for Obama. I want the government to shrink, a lot. I want it to stop doing most things that it is doing now. But not just that. I want it to stop doing most of what it has done for the passed century. What kind of delusion does one have to suffer from in order to believe that Romney will shrink the government, even a little, after he has promised that he won't? We don't even speak the same language, and I'm supposed vote for the guy you like? Hm

LOL ... seriously??

Look at Romney's record, and keep in mind that he achieved that record while having to deal with an overwhelmingly Democratic legislature. He balanced the budget, held state spending to nearly zero real growth, cut property taxes for seniors, rebated over $270 million in capital gains taxes back to taxpayers, increased the state's reserve fund, improved the state's bond rating, increased the number of charter schools, and raised the state's job-creation ranking from 47th up to 28th.

I'm a huge fan of Reagan's, but Romney's record was even better than his.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for from a 'conservative'. I'm a libertarian, and Romney has zero credibility regarding the issues I hope conservatives will address: limited government, individual rights, putting the brakes on social-engineering domestically and nation-building abroad. On these issues, and others, he's every bit the corporatist Obama is.

If your vision of conservatism is 'protect the status-quo' then, by all means, Romney is your man.

Last edited:

Even with billions he would need to compete against the news media which give the parties billions worth of free publicity, with all day every day coverage on all those networks. I don't know. I think the battle is for the minds of the people.

romneymyths

Conservative? That means something to you? When I hear conservative, I think of someone who wants small government. The modern American liberals and European progressives define it as a reactionary who wants to maintain the status quo. to support Romney is to exhibit the behavior of the later. Perfect? No one wants a perfect candidate. Romney however is so far from what I would consider good enough that asking me to vote for him is more ridiculous than asking you to vote for Obama. I want the government to shrink, a lot. I want it to stop doing most things that it is doing now. But not just that. I want it to stop doing most of what it has done for the passed century. What kind of delusion does one have to suffer from in order to believe that Romney will shrink the government, even a little, after he has promised that he won't? We don't even speak the same language, and I'm supposed vote for the guy you like? Hm

You are simply ignoring Romney's record as governor. How in the world can you not call conservative a record that includes a balanced budget, an increased reserve fund, an improved bond rating, an increase in charter schools, property tax cuts for seniors, a capital gains tax rebate that came to over $270 million, an increase in the job-creation ranking, etc., etc.? How is that not conservative, especially given that he had to work with a whacko legislature (it was 85% Democratic)?

LOL ... seriously??

Look at Romney's record, and keep in mind that he achieved that record while having to deal with an overwhelmingly Democratic legislature.
You mean when he was pro-choice?
He wasn't promoting and even trying to distance himself from the NRA?
When he was a fan of Mandates?
When he supported a weapons ban?
When he was for Stem Cell research?
When he agreed with TARP?

That guy was the most conservative nominee? Man... I don't know what you are smoking but I want some.

Even with billions he would need to compete against the news media which give the parties billions worth of free publicity, with all day every day coverage on all those networks. I don't know. I think the battle is for the minds of the people.

Not to mention, most billionaires are heavily invested in a status-quo that depends on the Republican/Democrat duopoly. Not likely they'd kill the golden goose.

How is that not conservative,
I don't think you understand the term.

especially given that he had to work with a whacko legislature (it was 85% Democratic)?
By acting like a democrat. I'm not entirely sure how you missed that. Believe it or not there are democrats that are fiscally conservative. Not many... But you basically found one.

Or.......

Perhaps Willard just told people what they wanted to hear? I personally love having a president who I can't trust what they say. [/sarcasm]

Forum List

Back