Gary Johnson Announces Run for President

Sort of thin resume, isn't it? I mean, he has more experience than Obama but so what? Any kid who runs a lemonade stand has more experience than Obama.

Thin resume?

A bit like Carter's or Clinton's, except he knows how to veto bills.

I absolutely LOVE Gary Johnson. Strangely enough (as sickening as it might sound) if the Donald Trump runs I might actually vote for him in the primary. I absolutely can't stand Trump as a person he personally makes me sick... but I actually took the time to look at some of his "positions" today, and if wikipedia wasn't lying to me, he's against both wars, pro-gun, pro-fair trade, anti-foreign aid. If all of that is true and he runs a SERIOUS campaign, I might have to struggle with it, but I will drag myself out to the polls and vote for him. (YUCK!!)

I'd much rather vote for Gary Johnson though!!

I just want to see an end to these Obama-Bush wars and the attack on civil liberties and the family. Who ever I think can do THAT I'll vote for.

i heard him on dylan rattigan's show today. he sounded interesting at first.

then he was asked about getting special interest money out of politics with some type of constitutional amendment (something i would actually support)...

and he punked out. said he was very comfortable with the electoral system.

same ole same ole.

Well what's the alternative? If somebody wants to donate their money to a politician's campaign I don't see why they shouldn't be able to.

not people... corporations.

but if you want oil and insurance companies buying your presidents. :thup:

the answer is to government fund campaigns. then you get reasonable candidates and not bought and sold hacks.

that's what you want, right?

What do you think a corporation is? Last time I looked every single one of them were groups of people. Why do you support the right oppose the right of people to band together to make their voice more effective? How come you do not oppose it if they call themselves a union?

I absolutely LOVE Gary Johnson. Strangely enough (as sickening as it might sound) if the Donald Trump runs I might actually vote for him in the primary. I absolutely can't stand Trump as a person he personally makes me sick... but I actually took the time to look at some of his "positions" today, and if wikipedia wasn't lying to me, he's against both wars, pro-gun, pro-fair trade, anti-foreign aid. If all of that is true and he runs a SERIOUS campaign, I might have to struggle with it, but I will drag myself out to the polls and vote for him. (YUCK!!)

I just want to see an end to these Obama-Bush wars and the attack on civil liberties and the family. Who ever I think can do THAT I'll vote for.

Wikipedia was lying to you.

The Donald is pro gun control, his exact words are "I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun."

If you'd much rather vote for Gary Johnson why would you vote for Donald Trump, assuming he even runs?

i heard him on dylan rattigan's show today. he sounded interesting at first.

then he was asked about getting special interest money out of politics with some type of constitutional amendment (something i would actually support)...

and he punked out. said he was very comfortable with the electoral system.

same ole same ole.

Obama has sure shown those lobbyist fellers a thang or two, hasn't he. :lol:

not enough.

but then again, citizens united made sure that will never be a problem.

congrats!

you must be so proud.

If I go and hire people and start a business, and I make money, I own that money. Therefore after my employees, bills, taxes, and other expenditures are paid I have the free right in a free market society to spend that money how I please as long as it effects no one else.

If there are two candidates in a race and one has more money to make more campaigns because more businesses contributed, it is up to the voter to find out what both candidates believe and vote accordingly.

That's called... freedom. If the majority of your populous is stupid enough to have to be "protected" from the evil corporate campaign adds... that in itself is a problem. The solution is not socializing our democracy.

Wikipedia was lying to you.

The Donald is pro gun control, his exact words are "I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun."

Wikipedia needs help. Gary Johnson it is!:clap2:

If you'd much rather vote for Gary Johnson why would you vote for Donald Trump, assuming he even runs?

I buy into the whole "electability" argument... I guess.

Gary Johnson really needs to dig into this campaign if he wants to run a SERIOUS campaign and get some endorsements. Trump could run a SERIOUS campaign, if he wanted to.

I'm hoping Gary Johnson will win, but I don't want to see it turn into another Ron Paul 08 race where they raised a whole bunch of money in a week and did absolutely nothing with it. Granted Ron Paul's ideas are becoming more accepted in the mainstream but we really have to get this thing out if we're going to back Johnson. Hopefully being that he's a governor though, he'll have a better feel for winning elections.

I buy into the whole "electability" argument... I guess.

Gary Johnson really needs to dig into this campaign if he wants to run a SERIOUS campaign and get some endorsements. Trump could run a SERIOUS campaign, if he wanted to.

I'm hoping Gary Johnson will win, but I don't want to see it turn into another Ron Paul 08 race where they raised a whole bunch of money in a week and did absolutely nothing with it. Granted Ron Paul's ideas are becoming more accepted in the mainstream but we really have to get this thing out if we're going to back Johnson. Hopefully being that he's a governor though, he'll have a better feel for winning elections.

He'll need people to vote for him, whether they think he's electable or not, if he's going to win.

Sort of thin resume, isn't it? I mean, he has more experience than Obama but so what? Any kid who runs a lemonade stand has more experience than Obama.

Thin resume?

Like Carter and CLinton isn't very re-assuring. I'd want someone with a little more national experience. No one has heard of this guy outside of NM. It isn't that I don't like his policies, I do. But it will take a hell of a lot of work. He is a more electable Ron Paul. And that isn't really a good thing.

the answer is to government fund campaigns. then you get reasonable candidates and not bought and sold hacks.

What you get is incumbent protection. With the exception of wave years, it's incredibly difficult to defeat an incumbent most of the time because they already have the name recognition. Challengers need to be able to raise the money to get themselves just as well known if not more so. With government funded campaigns you are going to end up with a higher retention of incumbent politicians.

This is not to say that I like the current system either with the corporate lobbyist influences; I don't. I don't really know what the answer is. There may not be one.

What you get is incumbent protection. With the exception of wave years, it's incredibly difficult to defeat an incumbent most of the time because they already have the name recognition. Challengers need to be able to raise the money to get themselves just as well known if not more so. With government funded campaigns you are going to end up with a higher retention of incumbent politicians.

This is not to say that I like the current system either with the corporate lobbyist influences; I don't. I don't really know what the answer is. There may not be one.

The answer is more money in politics. Anyone should be able to contribute any amount to anyone they want. But the caveat is, it must all be transparent. Then we'll know who the Chinese are supporting.

Well, unless you don't count when they're bought and sold by the ruling class hacks.

Yeah...Let's put the ruling class in charge of who is and isn't a "viable" candidate, worthy to receive campaign funds from the ruling class....That's the ticket.....:rolleyes:

The answer is more money in politics. Anyone should be able to contribute any amount to anyone they want. But the caveat is, it must all be transparent. Then we'll know who the Chinese are supporting.

Obama Campaign Racks Up Large Legal Fees

Thin resume?

Like Carter and CLinton isn't very re-assuring. I'd want someone with a little more national experience. No one has heard of this guy outside of NM. It isn't that I don't like his policies, I do. But it will take a hell of a lot of work. He is a more electable Ron Paul. And that isn't really a good thing.

He is actually more like a fiscally conservative Clinton than anything Ron Paul. He is pro choice, pro immigration, actually inhaled, and still does, and makes Obama look hot headed. He is also the closest thing to being humble I have ever seen in a politician, he actually comes across as a normal guy.

His resume might not be big on foreign policy, but those are not going to be the issues that sway the voters in 2012.

Thin resume?

He is actually more like a fiscally conservative Clinton than anything Ron Paul. He is pro choice, pro immigration, actually inhaled, and still does, and makes Obama look hot headed. He is also the closest thing to being humble I have ever seen in a politician, he actually comes across as a normal guy.

His resume might not be big on foreign policy, but those are not going to be the issues that sway the voters in 2012.

He and Ron Paul do differ on abortion, but not on the remedy for the issue. They both think the issue should be left to the states individually. As for him still inhaling, he doesn't claim to smoke weed presently. He says he doesn't use it now because it hinders him as an athlete. However, a few years ago when he had a paragliding accident he did use marijuana for the pain.

Forum List

Back