Gary Johnson Announces Run for President

Seriously? No one? This is a great day for America. Republicans actually have someone who walks the walk instead of just talking the talk. Johnson is exactly what this nation needs......and needs now.

Sort of thin resume, isn't it? I mean, he has more experience than Obama but so what? Any kid who runs a lemonade stand has more experience than Obama.

Eight years as Governor, 750 vetoes, a balanced budget, a budget surplus, etc... etc... is a thin resume?

Eight years as Governor, 750 vetoes, a balanced budget, a budget surplus, etc... etc... is a thin resume?

He was elected twice and never held national office. Yeah, that's thin.

Not to make any assumptions about who you might support, or not support, but strictly for comparative purposes, what about Mitt Romney? I've never heard anybody say he has a thin resume, and he only served one term. I think winning two statewide elections in a majority Democratic state as a Republican certainly counts for something.

i heard him on dylan rattigan's show today. he sounded interesting at first.

then he was asked about getting special interest money out of politics with some type of constitutional amendment (something i would actually support)...

and he punked out. said he was very comfortable with the electoral system.

same ole same ole.

then he was asked about getting special interest money out of politics with some type of constitutional amendment (something i would actually support)...

same ole same ole.

Well what's the alternative? If somebody wants to donate their money to a politician's campaign I don't see why they shouldn't be able to.

same ole same ole.

Well what's the alternative? If somebody wants to donate their money to a politician's campaign I don't see why they shouldn't be able to.

not people... corporations.

but if you want oil and insurance companies buying your presidents. :thup:

the answer is to government fund campaigns. then you get reasonable candidates and not bought and sold hacks.

that's what you want, right?

same ole same ole.

not people... corporations.

but if you want oil and insurance companies buying your presidents. :thup:

the answer is to government fund campaigns. then you get reasonable candidates and not bought and sold hacks.

that's what you want, right?

People run corporations, and I don't have a problem with people donating their money to a candidate for thinking that candidate will be better for their business any more than I do with a person donating to a candidate for any other reason. Again, it's their money, and who are we to say what they can or can't do with it?

If you think government funding campaigns would somehow get us reasonable candidates as opposed to "hacks" I think you're mistaken, not to mention it's wrong to give taxpayer money to candidates. I certainly don't want my tax dollars going to worthless criminals running for office.

Not much to add. I really like this guy. I would be proud to have him as my President.

(Unfortunately, statist Republicans will be put off by his MJ stances and the other jokers are rooting for idiots like Trump.)

Libertarians are republicans who want to smoke pot and get laid.

I resent being called a republican! Take that back!

Republicans are democrats that pretend to be financially responsible and for small government when they are out of power or when opposing an opposite party president. When in power though....

Tldr version: Republicans talk like libertarians and act like democrats, 90% of the time..

same ole same ole.

Obama has sure shown those lobbyist fellers a thang or two, hasn't he. :lol:

same ole same ole.

not enough.

but then again, citizens united made sure that will never be a problem.

congrats!

you must be so proud.

same ole same ole.

not enough.

but then again, citizens united made sure that will never be a problem.

congrats!

you must be so proud.

Ahh, that's why Obama couldn't do anything about it... Sooo, Obama = the weakest president/person that ever lived right?

Forum List

Back