Gary Johnson Announces Run for President

We'll have to see him in some debates. I look forward to Ron Paul being in some debates and I believe he is gonna run. Having another guy up there that I can agree with on at least some issues is good, I'm not pro life either.

OK so he's got the stoner vote.
That makes him viable. Not. When do the Wookie suits come out?

Nobody said it makes him viable. What will make him viable, if anything does, is his record as Governor, which is more impressive than probably any other Republican's.

i heard him on dylan rattigan's show today. he sounded interesting at first.

then he was asked about getting special interest money out of politics with some type of constitutional amendment (something i would actually support)...

and he punked out. said he was very comfortable with the electoral system.

same ole same ole.

Well what's the alternative? If somebody wants to donate their money to a politician's campaign I don't see why they shouldn't be able to.

not people... corporations.

but if you want oil and insurance companies buying your presidents. :thup:

the answer is to government fund campaigns. then you get reasonable candidates and not bought and sold hacks.

that's what you want, right?
What would/could any POTUS do about that?
The SCOTUS has made their ruling.

i heard him on dylan rattigan's show today. he sounded interesting at first.

then he was asked about getting special interest money out of politics with some type of constitutional amendment (something i would actually support)...

and he punked out. said he was very comfortable with the electoral system.

same ole same ole.

Well what's the alternative? If somebody wants to donate their money to a politician's campaign I don't see why they shouldn't be able to.

not people... corporations.

but if you want oil and insurance companies buying your presidents. :thup:

the answer is to government fund campaigns. then you get reasonable candidates and not bought and sold hacks.

that's what you want, right?

Government Funding is a Contradiction...since those in power IN the Government have say over funding.

*BAD IDEA*

Funding should always be private...as in speech. And I'd like to see that checkbox GO AWAY on tax returns that ask if you want to donate to Federal Funding...

*HELL NO*

I don't wanna see ANY Federal matching funds what so ever. Decisions should ALWAYS be private.

Sort of thin resume, isn't it? I mean, he has more experience than Obama but so what? Any kid who runs a lemonade stand has more experience than Obama.

Thin resume?

A bit like Carter's or Clinton's, except he knows how to veto bills.

Like Carter and CLinton isn't very re-assuring. I'd want someone with a little more national experience. No one has heard of this guy outside of NM. It isn't that I don't like his policies, I do. But it will take a hell of a lot of work. He is a more electable Ron Paul. And that isn't really a good thing.

BO was a relative unknown outside of IL too
:eusa_whistle:

Johnson is an intriguing candidate. I've always liked him. He's a true leader, bright, left New Mexico in great financial shape and seriously shrunk the size of the state government in NM.

One thing about Johnson. He's no-nonsense. He'll veto a bullshit bill in a heartbeat. I don't know the number but I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that he vetoed an insane amount of bills. I know it was well over 500 in his 8 years as governor.

Will be interesting to see how he does in the crop.

Thin resume?

A bit like Carter's or Clinton's, except he knows how to veto bills.

Like Carter and CLinton isn't very re-assuring. I'd want someone with a little more national experience. No one has heard of this guy outside of NM. It isn't that I don't like his policies, I do. But it will take a hell of a lot of work. He is a more electable Ron Paul. And that isn't really a good thing.

BO was a relative unknown outside of IL too
:eusa_whistle:

And we see how well that's turned out.

Eight years as Governor, 750 vetoes, a balanced budget, a budget surplus, etc... etc... is a thin resume?

He was elected twice and never held national office. Yeah, that's thin.
Like Reagan?

Dumbass. :lol:

Reagan was active in national politics for about 30+ years before he ran and won. The differences are enormous.
Of course since you are about 12 years old and have no memory of any of this.

Well, my candidate, Gary Johnson finally made it official. :clap2:
RW: Where do you think government should be on abortion? Should it be a state, county or federal issue?

GJ: It's truly a state issue. Personally I support a woman's right to choose up until the 3rd term. I'm against partial births and any late-term abortions.

I agree with a lot that he suggests, but.....when someone has such an immovable-opinion.....

....I've gotta think he doesn't fully-think-thru EVERYTHING.

When ANY politician is questioned about some issue/area, where they'll NEVER participate (personally), I have a lot-more-respect for the politicians who say they have no opinion on the subject.

If abortion NEEDS to be a political-issue, it should be left (ENTIRELY) to female-politicians making "the call".​

Eight years as Governor, 750 vetoes, a balanced budget, a budget surplus, etc... etc... is a thin resume?

Not to make any assumptions about who you might support, or not support, but strictly for comparative purposes, what about Mitt Romney? I've never heard anybody say he has a thin resume, and he only served one term. I think winning two statewide elections in a majority Democratic state as a Republican certainly counts for something.
Making the case FOR (what "conservatives" consider)....

....isn't gonna count for much "conservative"-support.​

Not to make any assumptions about who you might support, or not support, but strictly for comparative purposes, what about Mitt Romney? I've never heard anybody say he has a thin resume, and he only served one term. I think winning two statewide elections in a majority Democratic state as a Republican certainly counts for something.

I don't think Rabbi has actually ever been "for" someone. His claim to fame is rabid opposition to Obama.

I don't think Rabbi has actually ever been "for" someone. His claim to fame is rabid opposition to Obama.

Not true. I was for Reagan. Twice.
But I would bet almost every poster on this board on both sides votes for the lesser of two evils.
So, fail.

I absolutely LOVE Gary Johnson. Strangely enough (as sickening as it might sound) if the Donald Trump runs I might actually vote for him in the primary. I absolutely can't stand Trump as a person he personally makes me sick... but I actually took the time to look at some of his "positions" today, and if wikipedia wasn't lying to me, he's against both wars, pro-gun, pro-fair trade, anti-foreign aid. If all of that is true and he runs a SERIOUS campaign, I might have to struggle with it, but I will drag myself out to the polls and vote for him. (YUCK!!)

I'd much rather vote for Gary Johnson though!!

I just want to see an end to these Obama-Bush wars and the attack on civil liberties and the family. Who ever I think can do THAT I'll vote for.

Oh Lord, don't be fooled! For some reason, people forget that Trump has done this a couple of times before. For Trump, there is no such thing as bad publicity. He likes to keep his name in the public and this is just another angle he is playing. Like the other times, when it is time to get serious, he will have an excuse of why he needs to drop out. You need to read more on Trump. He changes his issue stances more than Romney. Forget him. He isn't serious........and if he were, it would be a disaster.

OK so he's got the stoner vote.
That makes him viable. Not. When do the Wookie suits come out?

Just to clarify......are you actually a supporter of freedom and liberty or are you one of those "conservatives" who like to only pay lip service to it? Are you a statist conservative who wants the gubmint controlling people's actions?

Forum List

Back