Game of Thrones (HBO)

Mr. Selfridge, PBS was really good this year. The only other person on here I knew that watched it is Sherry tho.

I liked Masters of Sex too but I don't think it will be long running. Too quirky.
I agree. Both of those were very good. (I forgot about them.)

Based on the final scene in the last episode of Masters, I have the impression it will be continued. Am I mistaken?

I never watched any of these series before The Sopranos. After getting into that, I watched Dexter, Californication, then a bunch of them.

GOT is one of my favs but there are a lot that take up the slack while you're waiting for next season. This coming Boardwalk Empire is the last season for it.
Rome was excellent!

Homeland was interesting -- and doubly so now with reference to Bowe Bergdahl's retrieval. They should run that series again.

Band of Brothers is one of the best tv productions I've ever seen. They run it back-to-back during Memorial Day weekend and I look forward to watching it year after year.

Lark Rise to Candleford was a wonderful BBC series. (I bought the CDs.)

Downton Abbey is another superb BBC series.

Parade's End is yet another example of BBC's matchless theatrical skills.

Check out The Wire.......one of the best cop dramas ever

Loved Rome, wish it was longer

Band of Brothers and The Pacific were amazing

Mr. Selfridge, PBS was really good this year. The only other person on here I knew that watched it is Sherry tho.

I liked Masters of Sex too but I don't think it will be long running. Too quirky.
I agree. Both of those were very good. (I forgot about them.)

Based on the final scene in the last episode of Masters, I have the impression it will be continued. Am I mistaken?

Yes it will be back, I just find it limited.

I never watched any of these series before The Sopranos. After getting into that, I watched Dexter, Californication, then a bunch of them.

GOT is one of my favs but there are a lot that take up the slack while you're waiting for next season. This coming Boardwalk Empire is the last season for it.
Rome was excellent!

Homeland was interesting -- and doubly so now with reference to Bowe Bergdahl's retrieval. They should run that series again.

Band of Brothers is one of the best tv productions I've ever seen. They run it back-to-back during Memorial Day weekend and I look forward to watching it year after year.

I love Band of Brothers - I think it's arguably one of the best war films ever made (I consider it a 10-hour movie), but I can't watch it anymore now that I have a high-end sound system. I have to turn the volume way up to hear any dialogue, then I wake all my neighbors as soon as a battle scene starts.

I know they did that on purpose, but still.

As a side note, in case anyone doesn't already know about it: if you pay for HBO, you can access HBOGO through your computer, Xbox, or various streaming devices for free. HBOGO includes nearly every episode of every HBO original series on demand, as well as a rotating list of movies as well.

I never could get into The Dome..any more than I could get into the book.
Sick of zombie shows. Sick of limp vampire feminine looking guys.

Can you get the show Dream On through HBOGO? It's been years and years since I saw it, and it may just seem better than it was through the filter of memory, but I remember that being a pretty funny HBO series.

Can you get the show Dream On through HBOGO? It's been years and years since I saw it, and it may just seem better than it was through the filter of memory, but I remember that being a pretty funny HBO series.

I can't say for certain, there are a lot of shows and I'm not in front of it at the moment. But it sounds familiar.

As a side note, in case anyone doesn't already know about it: if you pay for HBO, you can access HBOGO through your computer, Xbox, or various streaming devices for free. HBOGO includes nearly every episode of every HBO original series on demand, as well as a rotating list of movies as well.

Is it just for watching stuff that's on demand? I'd rather watch it on the TV screen.

Rome was excellent!

I have Band of Brothers on DVD...

Is it just for watching stuff that's on demand? I'd rather watch it on the TV screen.

HBO Go has a much larger selection than HBO on demand through my cable box - and with my XBox, I can watch HBOGO on the big screen.

There are also a bunch of other devices you can buy to watch Netflix and HBO Go on the TV.

Not sure about HBO shows, but I did have Netflix for awhile. My favorite shows are The Walking Dead, Dexter, Supernatural, and now Game of thrones. I rarely watch TV and have no cable, so I check out complete series over the library—the cheap man's way. :D

Darn it, I spoilered myself over the Red Wedding. Haven't finished Season 2 yet but I wanted to know... ;)

yea Masters Of Sex was good.....they showed how important Johnson was to his study....

Rome was excellent!

2 shows on Cinemax i think are pretty good....Banshee and Strike Back.....

Rome was excellent!

I have Band of Brothers on DVD...
Ollie,

I have a VCR and a DVD player. I'd like to have a DVD recorder, preferably one which will allow me to convert my stack of VCR tapes, but I keep putting it off because I dread wrestling with these complicated gadgets. But if I ever get one, Band of Brothers will be my first ambition with it.

Rome was excellent!

2 shows on Cinemax i think are pretty good....Banshee and Strike Back.....
Yes. The Wire is another excellent series I forgot about. I wish they would run it again.

I pay for HBO. I tried to access HBOGO and couldn't. So I called my provider's service department and was told I can't get HBOGO, nor do I need to, because I have OnDemand.

I find OnDemand runs very few series and only for a brief time. And you are not the first to inform me that HBOGO has more. Unfortunately I can't access it -- or if there's a way I don't know how to do it.

I pay for HBO. I tried to access HBOGO and couldn't. So I called my provider's service department and was told I can't get HBOGO, nor do I need to, because I have OnDemand.

I find OnDemand runs very few series and only for a brief time. And you are not the first to inform me that HBOGO has more. Unfortunately I can't access it -- or if there's a way I don't know how to do it.

I had the same problem, but I finally got a tech guy to help me and I got it going. Call again. On Demand charges extra, doesn't it?
Turns out mine was my user name. I used my AOL account and that was a no no. I needed to use Charter's email account with my name, not AOL.

Forum List

Back