Gabby: Can anyone be honest and say BOTH MSNBC and FOX were wrong?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ClosedCaption, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,303
    Repubs say "MSNBC did this...thats racist...but not Fox"

Dems say "FOX did this...thats racist...but not MSNBC"

Now neither one is an absolute case of racism....just...curious. And I understand how the racism question can come up but both are definitely wrong mistake or not.

But Dems say "MSNBC made a mistake....but FOX is racist" and Repubs say "Fox didnt do anything wrong...but MSNBC is racist"

Cant you fan boys admit that both were wrong? Is partisanship that important that no one can?

2. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,095
    Uh the problem is I dont compare those two. I'd say Fox is a conservative version of the liberal networks, ABC, NBC, CBS.

MSNBC is more like GBTV....they really dont care where you stand, you like it or you dont.

3. ClosedCaption

ClosedCaption Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,303
    Soooo, were both wrong or not? Be honest

4. Shelzin

Shelzin Equal Opportunity Asshole

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Well... They, meaning either one, aren't wrong all the time. Just most of it.

People who say the crap you describe are like WWE fans. Sure... It can be fun to watch for some, and pretend that the story lines are real. But they know it's fake. It's the crazy SoB's who think the shit is real you need to be worried about. Which seems to be an awful lot of people around here.

Thank god I grew out of both.

5. CaféAuLait

CaféAuLait This Space for Rent

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,323

I don't think either was wrong and the only reason that something was made of about the commercial from NBC by the Right was because the Left made a big deal out of the side shot of Gabby and not her face from Fox.

The Daily Kos can start a lot of shit, and when the left ( or should I say The Kos) starts shit that means nothing, they can expect to get the same in return. I think that is what the point from the Right. BUT I will say it was not just the Right upset about the commercial NBC ran. It started with many who were AA being upset (neither Right nor Left). I saw it and I was a bit shocked at the timing but I did not think it was done on purpose, the same way I do not think that FOX was racist in showing a shot of Gabby from the side.

6. Black_Label

Black_Label Registered Democrat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +514
    ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR,...etc are unbiased national news networks. Fox is a radical right wing cable propaganda outlet.

Also to the OP MSNBC didn't say anything controversial about Gabby, that was from fox showing only her back yet focusing on her white teammate, and again claiming she's not patriotic because she wore a pink outfit. The right wing trolls created faux outrage at NBC over a commercial because they got all butthurt that fox's racism was pointed out.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  7. Zxereus

Zxereus BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +152
    You really don't get it, do you ? :lol:

8. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,095
    Dude I've posted on this board when my side is wrong.....I have no problem with it. Politics, people do some dumb stuff, only thing is to call them on it.

For example, I'd love to see Romney release his tax returns, but I also understand why he wont, and I'm ok with it. And I'm ok with congress passing a law requiring anyone running for federal office to release certain documents.....

9. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,124
    Neither are racist, people are just morons looking for an excuse to bitch about anything. If they get a chance to use their broad brush in the process, all the better.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,269
    The issue is not whether or not either side was wrong. Neither was.

This is nothing but a false premise.

The issue revolves around a double standard that exists, and everyone knows and understands this.

The left are saying that Fox is racist because they (leftists) are inherently dishonest and incapable of seeing their own flaws.

The right are saying that (AND PAY CLOSE ATTENTION HERE) that IF FOX had done this, the left would have screamed racism.

So, the right are simply exposing the lefts double standard by making the same kind of claim that the left would have made against Fox.

It is called 'illustrating the absurd with absurdity'.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2