'Fuck You, Guns'

The day is coming when America will have REASONABLE gun laws on the books and a lot of the guns on the street today that aught not to be on the streets today won't be.

It will be a good day.

You can be part of the conversation that makes that happen, or you can be dragged in to the 21st Century by your right nut, kicking and screaming like a selfish little girl.

Makes no never mind to me either way, other than the entertainment value.

Time.
Time.
Time.​

Is on my side. ^ Just ask Keith :smoke:

`

How many of the "guns on the streets" are legal now?

What sort of "reasonable gun laws" do you propose?

There is an interesting divide in America today, those who know something and those who follow the corporate pied piper. Earlier today I noted how conservatives will deny reality if they find it conflicts with their belief systems. That was about rape, this is about guns and their killing field. Republicans and conservatives cried like babies over one Ebola death, why don't they cry over thousands of gun deaths?

"I also found widespread confidence that a gun in the home increases the risk that a woman living in the home will be a victim of homicide (72% agree, 11% disagree) and that a gun in the home makes it a more dangerous place to be (64%) rather than a safer place (5%). There is consensus that guns are not used in self-defense far more often than they are used in crime (73% vs. 8%) and that the change to more permissive gun carrying laws has not reduced crime rates (62% vs. 9%). Finally, there is consensus that strong gun laws reduce homicide (71% vs. 12%).

Of course it's possible to find researchers who side with the NRA in believing that guns make our society safer, rather than more dangerous. As I've shown, however, they're in the minority."

There apos s scientific consensus on guns -- and the NRA won apos t like it - LA Times

Fuck You Guns US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

America has become a killing field. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Eric wishes the NRA were around when he was.
Banning AR-15 s Doesn t Make Sense To Me US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

How do we curtail gun violence US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Guns are like crack cocaine.
What right does he have to demand I lose my rights Page 67 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

You know that survey is crap right? hemenway cherry picked guys who would support his views.....and hemenway is a hack.....

Guns are used for gun murder 8-9,000 times a year.......used to stop or prevent a violent criminal attack and save lives on average 1.6 million times a year......

and the biggest factor in women getting killed in the home....not guns....drugs, alchohol abuse, and a man with a violent or criminal past..........

and the consensus if there is one is the other way........

And that "consensus" word.....they think they can bum rush the debate by lying about the evidence....

CPRC at Fox News Gun control advocates taking a page out of global warming advocates handbook - Crime Prevention Research Center crimeresearch.org

Gun control advocates this month took a page from the global warming activists playbook: the science is settled, so there is no need for debate.

However, instead of actually reviewing the scientific literature on the subject, Professor David Hemenway at Harvard made a survey of cherry-picked authors. Surprisingly, he found the vast majority agreed that we need more gun control.

So let’s look at the details. He polled authors who had published in the fields of “public health, public policy, sociology, or criminology.” Most notably, half of the authors picked were within Hemenway’s own field of public health and another third were sociologists/criminologists, followed by public policy and a few economists. It dramatically over weighted those in public health. It didn’t matter whether the publications even contained any empirical work or were related to the survey questions.

Authors were asked if they agreed with the statement: “In the United States, guns are used in self-defense far more often than they are used in crime.” Hemenway reports that 73 percent disagreed. However, many respondents may have believed that there still exists a net benefit from gun ownership — just not enough to say that guns are used defensively “far more often.”

It is abundantly clear that it matters who you ask and how the questions are asked. A survey released in February by the Crime Prevention Research Centerconducted by Professor Gary Mauser at Simon Fraser University in Canada found that 88 percent of North American economics researchers agreed with the statement that, in the US, guns were more frequently used for self-defense than for crime. . . .

The rest of the piece is linked in the post.....and you can get more detail on what they found....

Last edited:
There is an interesting divide in America today, those who know something and those who follow the corporate pied piper. Earlier today I noted how conservatives will deny reality if they find it conflicts with their belief systems. That was about rape, this is about guns and their killing field. Republicans and conservatives cried like babies over one Ebola death, why don't they cry over thousands of gun deaths?

"I also found widespread confidence that a gun in the home increases the risk that a woman living in the home will be a victim of homicide (72% agree, 11% disagree) and that a gun in the home makes it a more dangerous place to be (64%) rather than a safer place (5%). There is consensus that guns are not used in self-defense far more often than they are used in crime (73% vs. 8%) and that the change to more permissive gun carrying laws has not reduced crime rates (62% vs. 9%). Finally, there is consensus that strong gun laws reduce homicide (71% vs. 12%).

Of course it's possible to find researchers who side with the NRA in believing that guns make our society safer, rather than more dangerous. As I've shown, however, they're in the minority."

There apos s scientific consensus on guns -- and the NRA won apos t like it - LA Times

Fuck You Guns US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

America has become a killing field. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Eric wishes the NRA were around when he was.
Banning AR-15 s Doesn t Make Sense To Me US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

How do we curtail gun violence US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Guns are like crack cocaine.
What right does he have to demand I lose my rights Page 67 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Actually, the research is the exact opposite....guns are a positive not a negative......1.6 million defensive uses vs. only 8-9,000 gun murders a year, and that rate is going down not up....last year 2013 the gun murder number was 8,454 from the FBI table 8.......

accidental gun deaths for 2013....505.....

so you don't know what you are talking about.....

The day is coming when America will have REASONABLE gun laws on the books and a lot of the guns on the street today that aught not to be on the streets today won't be.

It will be a good day.

You can be part of the conversation that makes that happen, or you can be dragged in to the 21st Century by your right nut, kicking and screaming like a selfish little girl.

Time.
Time.
Time....​

...Is on my side. ^ Just ask Keith :smoke:

This is just my opinion, now...

And remember... you asked. :eusa_doh:

1. Adequate background checks using combined federal and state law enforcement and medical data bases, with minimum federal standards enforced on ALL gun sales and title transfers. A license to purchase and drive a gun could be just another add on to a red-neck's Voter I.D. / Driver's License.

Dude... take a chill-pill. It's not like the IRS, The Social Security Administration, and, in many of your cases, The Veterans Administration doesn't already have a microscope up your numbered ass. Welcome to 21st Century America. It may not be the old west with lot's of "land give me land 'neath the starry sky above! Don't fence me in!!" but we've got air conditioning.

Air Conditioning ROCKS!! :rock:

2. Reasonable limits on fire-power.

Somewhere on the list of weapons circulating on planet earth at this moment on The TimeLine, between a nuclear armed aircraft carrier and a BB gun, is a level of 'legal' fire-power where REASONABLE gun enthusiasts can enjoy a fulfilling gun enthusiasts life, AND which will keep machine guns, both the legal and the not so legal, out of the hands of the Funky Monkeys whose inner voice can convince them that shooting people suddenly and or randomly is a good idea.

I would argue that using the adequate background checks mentioned in suggestion number one to keep the list of weapons available to the citizenry as open and liberal as possible, while also striving to achieve the goal of actually controlling the flow and use of guns in this country is the way to do it, but I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on t.v.

:eusa_think:

:eusa_eh: That's it.

Adequate background checks, coupled with reasonable limits on fire-power would complete my average wish list on the politics of guns in early 21st Century America.

Education is the key that starts your Starship, Kids - Fly Monkeys! :thup:

It may well be that the only way to stop a bad-guy with is a gun is having a good-guy with a gun nearby, but if the bad guys are never armed in the first place, we can all go drink beer and have a good time knowing that EVERYone left the iron in their trunk.

:neutral: It could happen.​

It will be a good day.

Time.
Time.
Time....​

...Is on my side. ^ Just ask Keith :smoke:

This is just my opinion, now...

And remember... you asked. :eusa_doh:

1. Adequate background checks using combined federal and state law enforcement and medical data bases, with minimum federal standards enforced on ALL gun sales and title transfers. A license to purchase and drive a gun could be just another add on to a red-neck's Voter I.D. / Driver's License.

Dude... take a chill-pill. It's not like the IRS, The Social Security Administration, and, in many of your cases, The Veterans Administration doesn't already have a microscope up your numbered ass. Welcome to 21st Century America. It may not be the old west with lot's of "land give me land 'neath the starry sky above! Don't fence me in!!" but we've got air conditioning.

Air Conditioning ROCKS!! :rock:

2. Reasonable limits on fire-power.

Somewhere on the list of weapons circulating on planet earth at this moment on The TimeLine, between a nuclear armed aircraft carrier and a BB gun, is a level of 'legal' fire-power where REASONABLE gun enthusiasts can enjoy a fulfilling gun enthusiasts life, AND which will keep machine guns, both the legal and the not so legal, out of the hands of the Funky Monkeys whose inner voice can convince them that shooting people suddenly and or randomly is a good idea.

I would argue that using the adequate background checks mentioned in suggestion number one to keep the list of weapons available to the citizenry as open and liberal as possible, while also striving to achieve the goal of actually controlling the flow and use of guns in this country is the way to do it, but I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on t.v.

:eusa_think:

:eusa_eh: That's it.

Adequate background checks, coupled with reasonable limits on fire-power would complete my average wish list on the politics of guns in early 21st Century America.

Education is the key that starts your Starship, Kids - Fly Monkeys! :thup:

You don't realize....criminals get past current background checks easily.....all of the mass shooters either passed background checks or avoided them altogether..?Right?

and they would avoid new background checks the exact same way...so any new background checks would be pointless the minute they went on line....right? the only people who would get background checks honestly would be law abiding citizens...who don't misuse guns in the first place...right?

And just like in France with stricter gun control laws than we have...3 terrorists got fully automatic weapons...easily....dittos the drug gang members who shot up the neighborhood in Marseiles,that same week....ditto a the guy in Belgium, the guy in Denmark, the guy in Sweden...........right?

so the two laws you want....do nothing to stop criminals...at all......from the minute they are put in place.........

So the fuck what?!?

Do Americans run from a challenge, or fix the fucker and move on, better educated for the process?

It's time to quit whining and start working on solutions together.

so the two laws you want....do nothing to stop criminals...at all......from the minute they are put in place.........

Enforcement of the rules of behavior is assumed.

Nobody is saying that disarming Johnny because he has a documented history of hot-headedness would prevent him from becoming an instant asshole when whiskey is added. The trick is to disarm the nefarious and the funky and the just plain old fucked-up, making theft the only way for the folks who aught not to be armed to get that way. Then enforce the existing laws against theft.

"We could've talked about it, oh, anytime in the past 13 years since Columbine, because there have been at least 31 school shootings in the U.S. since then. It's a waste of our time to keep listing all of the times we could've talked about it; it's easier just to say the time was then, the time is tomorrow, and the time is now.

Hey, White House: we know you're trying to be respectful, but respect doesn't mean shit to the dozens of families who just lost their little kids and loved ones. Respect them by starting the conversation right now. Start it tonight.

While we're talking politics: Fuck you, all of the politicians who received money from the NRA last election cycle. Check them out here! Memorize their names and remember that they're a massive part of the problem."

Read it and other pieces here: Fuck You, Guns

original.jpg
I worry about anyone who has such worship for a holder of an elected office.

:dunno: Why not?

It seems reasonable on the face of it.

Just FYI

99.9% of gun owners every day go about their business in a law abiding manner. And, my guess is these same law abiding citizens are sitting on a cache of ammunition, and again, the overwhelming majority do not commit crimes with either

Not sure what the issue is here

-Geaux

Forum List

Back