Fresh decapitations – Acapulco, Tourist Welcome!

Tipsy, it means they don't have to sneak across the US border...El Barbie was a member of the Beltran Leiva Cartel and he was arrested...they guy was born and raised in the US...why would he need to sneak across the border when he has a US passport?

Tipsy, it means they don't have to sneak across the US border...El Barbie was a member of the Beltran Leiva Cartel and he was arrested...they guy was born and raised in the US...why would he need to sneak across the border when he has a US passport?

OHHHH You misunderstood me.

I mean the ones who were BEHEADED won't be sneaking across the border.

This kind of violence has nothing to do with selling drugs. Taking drugs maybe those under the influence have little self control. This kind of violence is for the joy of it. Part of it might be just training exercises. Take some kids, get them high, out of their minds, and have them murder others until they get desenitized to killing those who pose no threat to them.

It might have started with drug wars, but now, no. It's gone beyond that. Killing people is a national sport. Legalizing drugs will just bring the violence here that much faster. And, it should. I hope it happens. After all, the cartels have taken over 40,000 users and dealers off the streets permanently. In all the years of our "drug war" we have been unable to do that. Instead our policies have been useless and unworkable rehab and community service. In mexico a cartel will bust in and slaughter everyone at a rehab center. No recidivism.

ok sorry about the misunderstanding..I was thinking you were referring to cartel in general..many are citizens of the US which is what most folks don't realize..yeah the dead ones aren't going anywhere..one of them was a Cuban who smuggled Cubans across the border...where then the dry foot wet foot policy takes effect.

I disagree with you on legalizing drugs bringing more violence...but we will leave that for another thread.

Your book doesn't count..the law is all that counts..they are American as anyone else is..why? Because they were BORN IN THE USA...whether you like it or not...opinions are a dime a dozen the only thing that counts is what the law says..your opinion counts for diddly shit.

That's why we need to clarify or change the provisions that grant birthright citizenship. The provision was originally designed to apply to the children of slaves. It needs a full examination and ruling based on legal opinion. That's not enough! We also need to stop recognizing dual citizenship. If someone is a citizen of another country, the loss of American citizenship should be automatic.

That alone won't stop mexican style violence from eventually crossing the border. It would be just another tool to be used to get them out of the country.

That's why we need to clarify or change the provisions that grant birthright citizenship. The provision was originally designed to apply to the children of slaves. It needs a full examination and ruling based on legal opinion. That's not enough! We also need to stop recognizing dual citizenship. If someone is a citizen of another country, the loss of American citizenship should be automatic.

That alone won't stop mexican style violence from eventually crossing the border. It would be just another tool to be used to get them out of the country.

I again disagree..punishing children for their parent's actions is wrong. There is no benefit for the parent that the child is born a citizen..they cannot acquire a legal status by their child's birth. I disagree that it was simply for slaves or they would have written it that way. There is no reason we should automatically take someone's citizenship simply because another country also accepts them as a citizen via their laws. Sometimes it is automatic not voluntary..for instance my son is a citizen of both Honduras and the US..why? First his father is a citizen of Honduras by birth but naturalized as a US citizen, his country thus recognizes all of his children as citizens because of their constitution being identical to ours in that matter of birthright. Also, he is a citizen of the US because he was born there and I am a US citizen by birth....why should he be deprived of the country where he was born and his mother, grandparents, great grands and great great grands and all those before him were born because another country also grants him citizenship involuntarily?

If the US did what it was supposed to do and stripped American citizenship of everyone holding dual citizenship, your son would correctly NOT be a citizen of the US.

no he would incorrectly be stripped because what you are suggesting is we neither recognize jus sanguinus or jus soli and both are laws in the US right now...if you did that NO ONE WOULD BE A CITIZEN INCLUDING YOU! btw, since I am Cherokee Indian I think that you might be a tad wrong on what is his rights.

no he would incorrectly be stripped because what you are suggesting is we neither recognize jus sanguinus or jus soli and both are laws in the US right now...if you did that NO ONE WOULD BE A CITIZEN INCLUDING YOU! btw, since I am Cherokee Indian I think that you might be a tad wrong on what is his rights.

No I am correct. He would certainly be a citizen by renouncing the emoluments of citizenship of a foreign country. You know this country did not always accept dual citizenship. When immigrants came through Ellis Island they were required to renounce foreign citizenship as a requirement of becoming an American citizen. We just need to go back to that.

he can't renounce anything he isn't 18 yet...legally you cannot renounce citizenship and in Honduras there is no renunciation as it is automatic. They were required to renounce..but US citizens by birth have never been required to renounce anything as they didn't come through any immigrant channel..my son isn't a naturalized citizen he is a native born one.

he can't renounce anything he isn't 18 yet...legally you cannot renounce citizenship and in Honduras there is no renunciation as it is automatic. They were required to renounce..but US citizens by birth have never been required to renounce anything as they didn't come through any immigrant channel..my son isn't a naturalized citizen he is a native born one.

You aren't understanding me. Okay, when he is 18 he would be required to choose American citizenship or Honduran citizenship. Dual citizenship would not be accepted or recognized. I understand that mexicans can go to any mexican consulate and apply for citizenship for American born children, for generations, that's flat wrong. As adults, if they do not renounce mexican citzenship, they should be STRIPPED of their American citizenship and deported as citizens of mexico. Even if their GRANDPARENTS were born here.

the problem is there is no choice given in Honduras...there is no way for a person to renounce Honduran citizenship in Honduras...it is according to them a right derived by blood...you can't renounce it. Furthermore, my oldest son, he fought in Afghanistan and automatically also has rights as a Mexican citizen...why? His father who is deceased was Mexican....he didn't have a choice it was derived by his blood...

I have been married TWICE moron..but again you violated the rules...family is not to be brought into the argument or insulted by other posters..you have done that repeatedly again you are reported.

What was that all about!

Don't be deliberately clueless. No one cares what Honduras does. As far as the United States law goes, dual citizenship would not be permitted. Dual citizenship, on its face, is evidence of disloyalty. Sort of like having two wives indicates a lack of committment.

While children are not punished as a result of their parent's wrongdoing, in NO ONE crime can a child keep the proceeds, and benefit from the proceeds of parental wrongdoing. The child of a bank robber doesn't get to keep the money because they did not personally rob the bank. The child of a drug dealer doesn't get to keep the fancy car or yacht. Civil forfieture still takes it. If parents are so caring, and loving to their children, they can not commit the crime in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
because your law would then intentionallly ignore what other countries laws are..laws cannot do that...btw, no one would vote for your idea either...most folks are against eliminating the 14th amendment.

How is it a crime for me to have a child? Interesting you now have indicated that somehow as a US citizen and my stbx husband a naturalized citizen of the US have committed a crime by having children.

because your law would then intentionallly ignore what other countries laws are..laws cannot do that...btw, no one would vote for your idea either...most folks are against eliminating the 14th amendment.

How is it a crime for me to have a child? Interesting you now have indicated that somehow as a US citizen and my stbx husband a naturalized citizen of the US have committed a crime by having children.

I said no such thing. Don't misrepresent. I am addressing only, and solely the concept of dual citizenship by anyone. Especially by born American Citizens. Dual citizenship is something that was not always permitted. There is no reason why we should cheapen our citizenship by permitting dualality. Dual citizenship, that is loyalty to two countries (which may not always have concurrent interests) INVITES disloyalty to one country or the other. Anyone may choose to be a citizen of a nation that permits dual citizenship, they just would not be able to retain American citizenship. They would be here as any other citizen of a foreign country. Since this was the case in the past, it should never have been changed. In fact, I don't think it has ever been formally changed. Those laws still exist. They are just ignored.

Forum List

Back