Fresh decapitations – Acapulco, Tourist Welcome!

An American birth certificate? No one even knows? Honduras doesn't even know? Seems like an administrative issue. If so, why would you ever say that your son was a dual citizen of anyplace? Why not just consider him an American? You don't. So there must be something about being a Honduran citizen that you are proud of.

I am not a Honduran citizen.

An American birth certificate? No one even knows? Honduras doesn't even know? Seems like an administrative issue. If so, why would you ever say that your son was a dual citizen of anyplace? Why not just consider him an American? You don't. So there must be something about being a Honduran citizen that you are proud of.

I am not a Honduran citizen.

I did not understand we were talking about you but the dual citizenship of your son.

So there must be something about being a Honduran citizen that you are proud of.

You said this and used the word you...anyone would assume you were referring to me...

Are you proud of your son being a dual Honduarn citizen? Since you brought it up, it seems that you are. Not only did you bring it up, you made it a point.

It is not wrong to be proud of dual citizenship or dual nationality. Today there is an absolute right to maintain divided loyalties. I do not find such people trustworthy in matters of the national interest of the United States. I do not find those who support the right of others to have divided loyalties trustworthy in matters of national interests. They might be very nice people in all other areas. When presented with a conflict, dual nationals (and those who support dual nationality) will pretty much always support the nation and the people other than America and Americans. You have pretty much reinforced that idea, and done nothing to diminish or dispel it. Your loyalty and affection is to those who come here even if they come illegally. Not to the people who they are displacing and hurting.

It doesn't matter one way or another that he is a Honduran citizen or not to me. I don't find tea party members exactly trustworthy with matters of national security can we yank their citizenship?

legalize drugs then there will be no drug war for Zetas and Sinaloa to fight.

Willow, neg reps are usually meant for when someone violates rules..not when they give an idea you don't like...if you think it is a dumb idea by all means please explain why it is a dumb idea and how it is that you have any right to tell anyone else what to do with thier own body?

It doesn't matter one way or another that he is a Honduran citizen or not to me. I don't find tea party members exactly trustworthy with matters of national security can we yank their citizenship?

If they are also citizens of some other country ABSOLUTELY! They have no loyalty to the US, or at least the very least divided loyalty.

If this is the answer, why hasn't Mexico legalized drugs?

They have...Mexico decriminalized drugs 2 years ago. The problem isn't that drugs are wanted or used in Mexico..it is the fight to get them to the US where the largest market is.

No, I mean legalize all drugs, not just personal amounts.

Legalizing personal amounts in the U.S. will have the same effect as legalizing personal amounts in Mexico did...meaning none at all.

If this is the answer, why hasn't Mexico legalized drugs?

They have...Mexico decriminalized drugs 2 years ago. The problem isn't that drugs are wanted or used in Mexico..it is the fight to get them to the US where the largest market is.

Legalizing personal amounts in the U.S. will have the same effect as legalizing personal amounts in Mexico did...meaning none at all.

I hope that all drugs are legalized in the US. The cartels have taken over 40,000 users and dealers off the streets permanently. With all our rehab and community service, we haven't taken ONE permanently off the streets. Accidental overdoses have taken more off the streets. The best thing to happen to us is for the US government to become the newest cartel on the block.

I hope that all drugs are legalized in the US. The cartels have taken over 40,000 users and dealers off the streets permanently. With all our rehab and community service, we haven't taken ONE permanently off the streets. Accidental overdoses have taken more off the streets. The best thing to happen to us is for the US government to become the newest cartel on the block.

I hope they don't.

The cartels, like the Mafia of the 20's and 30's, will just move to a different criminal enterprise.

We are seeing it in Mexico already with the extortion and kidnapping.

Anyone who thinks legalizing drugs will solve anything hasn't thought it through.

We'll just have a whole new set of problems compounding the old problems.

Fresh decapitations – Acapulco, Tourist Welcome!

I can see why this idiot got banned. How many of these murders were tourists?

I love the Pacific side of Mexico. Zihuatanejo is one of my favorite get away places on the planet.

Last time I was down there a tourist lady got her purse snatched and I was close by...The military base sent out several dozen troops into the streets within 10 minutes and they caught the punk with the purse. They pummeled the moron with rifle butts as I watched and returned the woman her purse immediately. It was a most impressive action to send a serious message out on the streets about how Mexicans value the tourist dollar.

My point is that the OP is a moron and does not know squat about Mexico.

It worked it Portugal...things didn´t get worse there for sure.

They did the same thing Mexico has done, decriminalized personal amounts.

Criminals still run the drug trade in Portugal.

Even if there are no criminal penalties, these changes did not legalize drug use in Portugal. Possession has remained prohibited by Portuguese law, and criminal penalties are still applied to drug growers, dealers and traffickers.

Plus, drug use INCREASED in Portugal:

Lifetime use of illicit drugs increased from 7.8% to 12%

Lifetime use of cannabis increased from 7.6% to 11.7%

Lifetime use of cocaine more than doubled, from 0.9% to 1.9%

Lifetime use of Ecstacy nearly doubled from 0.7% to 1.3%

Lifetime use of heroin increased, from 0.7% to 1.1%http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal#cite_note-Santos-12

Increasing the demand isn't going to stop the cartels, it will only strengthen them.

Link.

The number of newly diagnosed HIV cases among drug users has decreased to 13.4 per million population in 2009 b

A regular increase in quantities of cannabis resin seized could also be observed over recent years, though there has been a recent decline between 2008 (61 tonnes) and 2009 (23 tonnes).

Increased uptake of treatment.[8]
Reduction in HIV diagnoses amongst drug users by 71%[13]
Reduction in drug related deaths, although this reduction has decreased in later years, and the number of drug related deaths is now almost on the same level as before the Drug strategy was implemented.[8][13] However, this may be accounted for by improvement in measurement practices, which includes a doubling of toxicological autopsies now being performed, meaning that more drugs related deaths are likely to be recorded.[14]

from that same link you gave..nice to see you left this out..

and this must be looked at

http://politics.salon.com/2009/03/14/portugal/
http://healthland.time.com/2010/11/...udy-confirms-decriminalization-was-a-success/

Last edited:
The number of newly diagnosed HIV cases among drug users has decreased to 13.4 per million population in 2009 b

A regular increase in quantities of cannabis resin seized could also be observed over recent years, though there has been a recent decline between 2008 (61 tonnes) and 2009 (23 tonnes).

Increased uptake of treatment.[8]
Reduction in HIV diagnoses amongst drug users by 71%[13]
Reduction in drug related deaths, although this reduction has decreased in later years, and the number of drug related deaths is now almost on the same level as before the Drug strategy was implemented.[8][13] However, this may be accounted for by improvement in measurement practices, which includes a doubling of toxicological autopsies now being performed, meaning that more drugs related deaths are likely to be recorded.[14]

from that same link you gave..nice to see you left this out..

and this must be looked at

The success of drug decriminalization in Portugal - Washington, D.C. - Salon.com
Portugal’s Drug Experience: New Study Confirms Decriminalization Was a Success – TIME Healthland

It has exactly zero to do with cartels, which is the topic of this thread and your argument for legalization to fight the cartels.

Why would I include it?

Face it, your argument is weak. So weak you felt the need to include this in an attempt to bolster it.

Legalizing personal amounts of drugs in the U.S. will only strengthen the cartels...no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Last edited:
the cartels would lose their income in a massive form...and governments would receive new tax revenue in massive form...

the fact is, drugs being illegal are not stopping anyone from using drugs.

the cartels would lose their income in a massive form...and governments would receive new tax revenue in massive form...

the fact is, drugs being illegal are not stopping anyone from using drugs.

Again, if this is the cure, why doesn't Mexico do it?

The cartels are a Mexican problem.

If legalizing all drugs, allowing legalized growing, selling at the Drugstore de Mexico and taxing the revenue is the solution, the Mexicans should do it...why don't they?

Mexico made drugs legal..but there will be no cure until the largest user of drugs makes them legal..and that is the US.

No they didn't...they decriminalized personal amounts.

Drugs are still 100% illegal in Mexico.

100%.

I stated that 20 posts back.

So try again.

If this is the cure, why doesn't Mexico do it?

The cartels are a Mexican problem.

If legalizing all drugs, allowing legalized growing, selling at the Drugstore de Mexico and taxing the revenue is the solution, the Mexicans should do it...why don't they?

Forum List

Back