French far-right presidential candidate Marine Le Pen steps DOWN as head of National Front

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
She's desperate now.

Marine Le Pen is stepping DOWN as party leader | Daily Mail Online

French far-right presidential hopeful Marine Le Pen has announced that she is temporarily stepping down as her party's leader.

The Front National leader revealed she would be quitting her role in her party to focus on the upcoming Presidential election.

Monday's move appears to be a way for Le Pen to embrace a wide range of potential voters ahead of the May 7 runoff between herself and Emmanuel Macron, the independent centrist who came in first in Sunday's first round.
<more>

She's desperate now.

Marine Le Pen is stepping DOWN as party leader | Daily Mail Online

French far-right presidential hopeful Marine Le Pen has announced that she is temporarily stepping down as her party's leader.

The Front National leader revealed she would be quitting her role in her party to focus on the upcoming Presidential election.

Monday's move appears to be a way for Le Pen to embrace a wide range of potential voters ahead of the May 7 runoff between herself and Emmanuel Macron, the independent centrist who came in first in Sunday's first round.
<more>
LaPen can taste victory and it tastes sweet !!

Frexit -- this is being called Frexit.

She has promised to lead the charge to exit the EU.

The French deserve LePen like America deserves Trump.

Know why we got Trump? One reason and one reason only --

Barack+Obama+Funny+Pictures+7.jpg

The Markets LOVE that LePen is in the running

Put your money where your mouth is.

But this is the reality. Le Pen is anathema to decent people. She appeals to the lowest denominator and preys on peoples fears.
Respectable politicians are never going to endorse her.
You make a mistake if you equate her with Trump. She is closer to David Duke.

Right out of the dimocrap scum Talking Points --

Ever had an original thought? Of course not, you're a dimocrap

But this is the reality. Le Pen is anathema to decent people. She appeals to the lowest denominator and preys on peoples fears.
That's a fair analysis, yes. Trump did appeal to moderates and crossovers, for whatever reason. She won't.

Most of the Republican Establishment here came out against Trump.

Didn't do them any good. Mittens, Bush, most of the Old Guard Conservative Mag-Rags.

They're happy being the 'Washington Generals' of politics.

I'm not.

It's gonna take decades to undo what dimocrap FILTH have done to this Country and the World
Do you see Le Pen attracting moderates and centrists?

That's a fair analysis, yes. Trump did appeal to moderates and crossovers, for whatever reason. She won't.
Generally in any Western European country there is a pre disposition , by the majority, against right wing politics.
The extreme right will always be measured against Hitler and co. When Le Pen rails against Muslims people hear echoes of nazi rhetoric against the Jews and it makes educated people scared.

Le Pen may have some decent policies but the majority of people wont hear them because of the rhetoric and the baggage that she carries.

In the Uk the only places that these types get any traction are the real absolute shit holes that have seen no benefit from any economic growth. They are the people who have been left behind and they need someone to hate.

But even in these places they are in a minority.

French far-right presidential hopeful Marine Le Pen has announced that she is temporarily stepping down as her party's leader. The Front National leader revealed she would be quitting her role in her party to focus on the upcoming Presidential election.....Monday's move appears to be a way for Le Pen to embrace a wide range of potential voters
I don't know much about French political processes, but on the surface, that seems odd.
  • Why wouldn't she have done that prior to the weekend's election?
    • Was she not aiming to win the election?
    • Would she have stepped down had she won?
  • Can she not delegate authority so her second in command can see to the ongoing operations of the organization/party?
    • Would taking that approach have compromised her ability to "embrace" voters?
I don't really care what the answers to those questions are, nor do I really need to receive them from anyone here. I just know the statements presented called to mind those questions.

arc+roundabout.jpg

As an aside....I have far fewer issues with Le Pen than I do with Trump, whom she is at times seen as being a French analogue. Indeed, I have genuine respect for her. I don't know that I'd vote for her or not do, but I do respect her, for she's got some "portfolio" as a leader that Trump lacks and that being so bereft, is currently at the head of an organization having more similitude with a Parisian circus than a presidential administration.
  • Experience -- Le Pen held elected office several times in northern France and has been a European lawmaker since 2004
  • Unifier -- Le Pen worked to bring in voters from the left and right for several years, cleaning up her party's racist, anti-Semitic image to do so.
Would that Trump had those two achievements under his belt. Or, alternatively, that any other Republican did and had been elected.

Generally in any Western European country there is a pre disposition , by the majority, against right wing politics.
The extreme right will always be measured against Hitler and co. When Le Pen rails against Muslims people hear echoes of nazi rhetoric against the Jews and it makes educated people scared.

Le Pen may have some decent policies but the majority of people wont hear them because of the rhetoric and the baggage that she carries.

In the Uk the only places that these types get any traction are the real absolute shit holes that have seen no benefit from any economic growth. They are the people who have been left behind and they need someone to hate.

But even in these places they are in a minority.
Macron seems pretty appropriate for the job. He's left of center but not wildly so, which pretty much seems to match the country.

Forum List

Back