French far-right presidential candidate Marine Le Pen steps DOWN as head of National Front

Very few of those who voted for other candidates in the primaries will vote for Le Pen, while they have a centrist candidate in Macron. Despite the sad history of deranged towel-head attacks in France, the French people are not going to back a Nazi.

But this is the reality. Le Pen is anathema to decent people. She appeals to the lowest denominator and preys on peoples fears.
Respectable politicians are never going to endorse her.
You make a mistake if you equate her with Trump. She is closer to David Duke.
That's a fair analysis, yes. Trump did appeal to moderates and crossovers, for whatever reason. She won't.
Generally in any Western European country there is a pre disposition , by the majority, against right wing politics.
The extreme right will always be measured against Hitler and co. When Le Pen rails against Muslims people hear echoes of nazi rhetoric against the Jews and it makes educated people scared.

Le Pen may have some decent policies but the majority of people wont hear them because of the rhetoric and the baggage that she carries.

In the Uk the only places that these types get any traction are the real absolute shit holes that have seen no benefit from any economic growth. They are the people who have been left behind and they need someone to hate.

But even in these places they are in a minority.
Macron seems pretty appropriate for the job. He's left of center but not wildly so, which pretty much seems to match the country.
I havent studied him over much, my friends reckon he is more right than left.

But this is the reality. Le Pen is anathema to decent people. She appeals to the lowest denominator and preys on peoples fears.
That's a fair analysis, yes. Trump did appeal to moderates and crossovers, for whatever reason. She won't.
Generally in any Western European country there is a pre disposition , by the majority, against right wing politics.
The extreme right will always be measured against Hitler and co. When Le Pen rails against Muslims people hear echoes of nazi rhetoric against the Jews and it makes educated people scared.

Le Pen may have some decent policies but the majority of people wont hear them because of the rhetoric and the baggage that she carries.

In the Uk the only places that these types get any traction are the real absolute shit holes that have seen no benefit from any economic growth. They are the people who have been left behind and they need someone to hate.

Macron seems pretty appropriate for the job. He's left of center but not wildly so, which pretty much seems to match the country.
Well, from a European perspective, we may be saying about the same thing. I've learned to do that translation when talking politics with my London brother.

The French deserve LePen like America deserves Trump.

Know why we got Trump? One reason and one reason only --

Barack+Obama+Funny+Pictures+7.jpg

The Markets LOVE that LePen is in the running

Put your money where your mouth is.
The markets love that Macron and the other parties kept her vote down.

Money and banking do not want Le Pen.

She's desperate now.

Marine Le Pen is stepping DOWN as party leader | Daily Mail Online

French far-right presidential hopeful Marine Le Pen has announced that she is temporarily stepping down as her party's leader.

The Front National leader revealed she would be quitting her role in her party to focus on the upcoming Presidential election.

Monday's move appears to be a way for Le Pen to embrace a wide range of potential voters ahead of the May 7 runoff between herself and Emmanuel Macron, the independent centrist who came in first in Sunday's first round.
<more>

How does stepping down to concentrate on the race make her desperate?

Money and banking do not want Le Pen.

The oligarchies neither here nor abroad want anyone who won't play ball with them. It's ironic to see the left come out in favor of big corporations in Europe and previously here in our recent election.

Well, from a European perspective, we may be saying about the same thing. I've learned to do that translation when talking politics with my London brother.
40 years ago my Dad told me that Republicans and Democrats were like two wings of the Tory party. Right wing and extreme right wing. He reckoned that there was no left wing in the US as nobody would vote for it.

She's desperate now.

French far-right presidential hopeful Marine Le Pen has announced that she is temporarily stepping down as her party's leader.

The Front National leader revealed she would be quitting her role in her party to focus on the upcoming Presidential election.

Monday's move appears to be a way for Le Pen to embrace a wide range of potential voters ahead of the May 7 runoff between herself and Emmanuel Macron, the independent centrist who came in first in Sunday's first round.
<more>
It's a weak ploy (an obvious one) to "distance" herself from the more obnoxious parts of her Party. Yes, she is desperate.

She's desperate now.

<more>

She is trying to downplay the baggage of the FN and appeal to more moderate conservatives.
As it stands they will vote for Macron.
Its in line with her usual deceitful soft peddling of her parties essential naziness.
She knows she will get hammered so it is probably worth a go.

She's desperate now.

<more>

She is trying to downplay the baggage of the FN and appeal to more moderate conservatives.
Its in line with her usual deceitful soft peddling of her parties essential naziness.

I agree she is going to lose. I don't agree with your characterization of her being desperate You, Jake, and Junky not liking her doesn't make her desperate. There is certainly no reason for her to be, having made it to the run off election, which has never happened before.

40 years ago my Dad told me that Republicans and Democrats were like two wings of the Tory party. Right wing and extreme right wing. He reckoned that there was no left wing in the US as nobody would vote for it.
40 years ago in Wales the Mao of the Cultural Revolution looked like a centrist.

She's desperate now.

<more>

I agree she is going to lose. I don't agree with your characterization of her being desperate You, Jake, and Junky not liking her doesn't make her desperate. There is certainly no reason for her to be, having made it to the run off election, which has never happened before.
So what is the reason she stood down ? I doubt that she would be doing much different to her current tasks anyway.

She tried first by shunning her Nazi father, now she leaves the party. Is the French Right as vulnerable as the American Right?

Now the muslims can continue their assault on western civilization. Looks like that will make you happy. Well, at least America still has Trump, unfortunately for you 'diversity and hate is our strength' clowns.

She tried first by shunning her Nazi father,
Looks like the usual leftist fanatics are having the usual trouble finding anything they can legitimately complain about, so they resort to namecalling and accusing the LePens of being what they weren't and never have been.
The lies of the Left can go little lower.
Is the French Right as vulnerable as the American Right?
Do you mean, will the French Right win their Presidential election as the American Right won theirs? We can hope.

The Democrat party in the U.S. is more akin to the Christian Democratic parties of Europe. The Republican party in the U.S. is more like the far right parties in Europe. There are no viable leftist parties in the U.S.

Francois Fillon and Benoit Hamon have urged their supporters to vote for Emmanuel Macron. Gives Macron the chance to get 2/3 of the vote on May 7.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back