Free Market Failures

Today, 04:38 PM
Remove user from ignore list
bedowin62
This message is hidden because bedowin62 is on your ignore list.

glad i'm on ignore

now i can call attention to and address your stupidity without you bothering me with more stupidity

Absolutely not. I think you're an idiot for saying that because no one has ever called you a neoliberal the term is not in use and nothing says stupidity like nobody-ever-called-me-neoliberal-therefore-it-doesn't-exist.

I don't defend Obama. His policies are neoliberal.

I'm telling you point blank that the problems that the VA has are due to cuts that were made. I'm also telling you that you sitting on the sideline and thinking that you get a good guffaw while doing whatever you can to defund it makes you a chump.

You think I am an idiot because I said something I never said? How does that work, exactly?

You are the guy that pointed to the VA as a successful government agency when I asked for an example, now you are claiming that the fact that it isn't a success is because it didn't have enough money. You can't have it both ways, either it is successful, or it isn't. Since it, obviously, isn't, you were wrong to point to it as an example of success. Making excuses for your failure just makes you look pathetic.

Right here:

In the 1960s, usage of the term "neoliberal" heavily declined. When the term was reintroduced in the 1980s in connection with Augusto Pinochet’s economic reforms in Chile, the usage of the term had shifted. It had not only become a term with negative connotations employed principally by critics of market reform, but it also had shifted in meaning from a moderate form of liberalism to a more radical and laissez-faire capitalist set of ideas. Scholars now tended to associate it with the theories of economists Friedrich Hayek and Milton Friedman.[5] Once the new meaning of neoliberalism was established as a common usage among Spanish-speaking scholars, it diffused directly into the English-language study of political economy.[6] The term neoliberal is now used mainly by those who are critical of legislative initiatives that push for free trade, deregulation, enhanced privatization, and an overall reduction in government control of the economy.[7]
Neoliberalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have been pushing for all of those things for years, no one has ever called me a neoliberal. In fact, they usually call me a crazy right wing conservative.

Want to try again?
http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/356454-free-market-failures-2.html#post9161190

Sure I can. It worked up until the major cuts (still does depending on the location)and the let's shift to faux privatization dirtbags rolled in. It has built in components that force accountability.

But, I'm sitting here watching your privatized social services and mental health care fail in a major way.

It worked, but it doesn't, yet it does, and it forces accountability, except when they shred the records.

Forum List

Back