Fox's new 'fair and balanced' Obama video

Thanks for proving my point :thup:

Sure. I couldn't agree more about Fox. Their bias is overt and deep. As are MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CNN, NPR, and every major news outlet I can think of.

Actually not true at all.

Don't confuse reporting with punditing. All of them have some of both although it is certainly true that fux doesn't bother to pretend to be "fair and balanced". Can't remember his last name but Shep of fux is sometimes a pleasant surprise as well as Juan Williams.

In point of fact, fux was set up to be the propaganda arm of the GObP. Sorry, but its just fact. Watch Murdoch himself in the documentary, Orwell Rolls In His Grave. He says it straight out. He also instructs the on air people to work in the phrase, "fair and balanced" as often as possible as well as the admonishment that watchers should "look it up themselves". Watch Murdoch say "They won't [but it will make us look good]". In the same documentary, you can watch Michael Powell (radical and weird son of Colin Powel) gut the FCC so that Murdoch and MUSLIMS can control what you watch with impunity.

MSNBC has some very liberal pundits, NBC, CNN, NBC, CBS don't and NPR is actually rather conservative.

Try listening to NPR. No. I mean really listening.

NPR is conservative, and NBC, CNN, and CBS have not allowed their bias to diminish their reporting. Ok. You are clear in your opinion. Not much for us to debate.

OUT of all the news networks out there , FOX is the only one who asked the hard questions. The other stations are OBAMA fluff.. :cuckoo:

:eusa_whistle:

'Fox And Friends' Anti-Obama Video Could Double As GOP Ad (VIDEO)

"Fox and Friends" aired a remarkable four-minute video on its Wednesday show.

The video, which the hosts of the show advertised as taking a "look back" at President Obama's four years in office, could easily be mistaken for a Republican attack ad. It was aired multiple times throughout the show.

"We decided to take a look back at the president's first term to see if it lived up to hope and change," host Gretchen Carlson asked at one point, introducing the video.

In the video —which is labeled as a "Fox and Friends Presents" production — viewers see images of Obama talking about jobs contrasted with footage of homeless people. There is dark, foreboding music, and statistics about the unemployment rate, the rise in the number of food stamps, and the national debt, among other things.

Some media critics were outraged by the video. The Baltimore Sun's David Zurawik denounced it, calling it reminiscent of "1930s propaganda":

As the guy who challenged the Obama administration two years when it tried to deny Fox News access to interviews and other opportunities offered to the media on the grounds that Fox was not a legitimate news operation, I have to tell you even I am shocked by how blatantly Fox is throwing off any pretense of being a journalistic entity with videos like this. Don't be fooled by Bret Baier's Boy Scout smile or all the talk about how some shows are news and some are opinion on the channel. Any news organization that puts up this kind of video is rotten to the core.

Sure. I couldn't agree more about Fox. Their bias is overt and deep. As are MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CNN, NPR, and every major news outlet I can think of.

Don't confuse reporting with punditing. All of them have some of both although it is certainly true that fux doesn't bother to pretend to be "fair and balanced". Can't remember his last name but Shep of fux is sometimes a pleasant surprise as well as Juan Williams.

In point of fact, fux was set up to be the propaganda arm of the GObP. Sorry, but its just fact. Watch Murdoch himself in the documentary, Orwell Rolls In His Grave. He says it straight out. He also instructs the on air people to work in the phrase, "fair and balanced" as often as possible as well as the admonishment that watchers should "look it up themselves". Watch Murdoch say "They won't [but it will make us look good]". In the same documentary, you can watch Michael Powell (radical and weird son of Colin Powel) gut the FCC so that Murdoch and MUSLIMS can control what you watch with impunity.

MSNBC has some very liberal pundits, NBC, CNN, NBC, CBS don't and NPR is actually rather conservative.

NPR is conservative, and NBC, CNN, and CBS have not allowed their bias to diminish their reporting. Ok. You are clear in your opinion. Not much for us to debate.

LOL

If you say so but of course, that's not what I wrote at all. Put your cherry picker away and maybe we can talk.

OUT of all the news networks out there , FOX is the only one who asked the hard questions. The other stations are OBAMA fluff..

I've never seen fux ask "the hard questions". Just the opposite actually.

I'm surprised anyone actually admits to watching fux.

LOL

If you say so but of course, that's not what I wrote at all. Put your cherry picker away and maybe we can talk.

OUT of all the news networks out there , FOX is the only one who asked the hard questions. The other stations are OBAMA fluff..

I've never seen fux ask "the hard questions". Just the opposite actually.

I'm surprised anyone actually admits to watching fux.

True. You seem to believe that news bias is only shown through pundits. I was not referring to the talking head aspect of the networks, but to the news reporting aspect.

Last edited:
It upsets you that not every news media outlet is in the tank for the novelty president, doesn't it?

What in the video are you saying is false? The high unemployment? The bad economy? The homeless? The 47% increase in food stamp use? Higher debt? Continuing wars? I didn't watch the video, but if anything, I bet some things were left out. I realize that the left would prefer if we would just ignore all the bad and focus on whatever they tell us, but it doesn't work that way with any president.

So what? Fox is merely a sign of the utter abandonment of journalistic standards by all the networks and cable outlets. You just hate Fox because of the direction their bias is pointed.

This is a classic example of the tu quoque fallacy. Or in plain English, the "two wrongs make a right" argument.

As the conservative pundit Ed Morrissey points out:

Should a news organization produce and publish attack ads like this? I know the initial response will be that other news organizations offer biased perspectives and hagiographies of Obama that go well beyond a single video … and that response is entirely valid. However, we usually criticize that kind of behavior with other news organizations, too. If anyone wanted to look for evidence that the overall Fox News organization intends to campaign against Obama rather than cover the campaign, this video would be difficult to refute as evidence for that claim.

In America there is scarcely a hamlet that has not its newspaper. It may readily be imagined that neither discipline nor unity of action can be established among so many combatants, and each one consequently fights under his own standard. All the political journals of the United States are, indeed, arrayed on the side of the administration or against it; but they attack and defend it in a thousand different ways. They cannot form those great currents of opinion which sweep away the strongest dikes. This division of the influence of the press produces other consequences scarcely less remarkable. The facility with which newspapers can be established produces a multitude of them; but as the competition prevents any considerable profit, persons of much capacity are rarely led to engage in these undertakings. Such is the number of the public prints that even if they were a source of wealth, writers of ability could not be found to direct them all. The journalists of the United States are generally in a very humble position, with a scanty education and a vulgar turn of mind. The will of the majority is the most general of laws, and it establishes certain habits to which everyone must then conform; the aggregate of these common habits is what is called the class spirit (esprit de corps) of each profession; thus there is the class spirit of the bar, of the court, etc. The class spirit of the French journalists consists in a violent but frequently an eloquent and lofty manner of discussing the great interests of the state, and the exceptions to this mode of writing are only occasional. The characteristics of the American journalist consist in an open and coarse appeal to the passions of his readers; he abandons principles to assail the characters of individuals, to track them into private life and disclose all their weaknesses and vices.

Tocqueville: Book 1 Chapter 11

Still true today, 180 years later.

God bless the first amendment.

Last edited:
I really need to start watching Fox. If they're irritating the left so much, they must be doing something right.

How is one vulgarity better than another when it comes to actually getting to the truth of things?

Where is the link to the video?

I'd like to see it for myself.

If it's true...how can it not be fair.

What has Obama done...

stimulus=fail...

Obamacare=fail...

spent 5 trillion dollars=fail...

did they mention he checked the box on the "kill Osama" form?...then that's as fair and balanced as you can ask for.

Last edited:
They just showed what has happened in the last four years.
Sure wouldn't want the hard truth of facts to be told.
This is exactly why all the liberal news hates them.
Only libs would see this as a propaganda.
All of the other news outlets are for the President. None of them are reporting the real truth about how we are doing as a nation, over the last four years. They are trying to paint a pretty picture.
Do you see any of the other news stations showing the tent city's, of homeless that are all across this nation?

Meanwhile Obama takes credit for killing Osama while the real hero who risked his life to tell us where Osama was sits in a jail after being tortured. Obama is a turd. Time to flush him

In other news, birds still fly and fish still swim.

Fox News accused of crossing the line in attack on Obama [Video] - latimes.com

A new Fox News video attacking President Obama and his handling of the economy has created a furor, with even conservatives saying that the slam job gives lie to the cable giant’s “fair-and-balanced” claims.

Although it appeared to be a hit produced by a rival candidate, the video was produced by Fox and aired on “Fox & Friends” Wednesday morning — with sharp critiques of Obama and graphics outlining lagging economic indicators, set to foreboding music.

The 4-minute piece was notable for clearly breaching Fox’s previously stated policy of restricting its advocacy programs — hosted by Sean Hannity and Bill O’Reilly — to the evenings.

“Clearly this is advocacy,” said Dan Schnur, director of the Unruh Institute of Politics at USC and a former Republican political consultant. “What this video does is make it clear that “Fox & Friends’” role on the Fox News channel is now similar to Hannity’s or O’Reilly’s on Fox or, for that matter, [Chris] Matthews’ or [Rachel] Maddow’s on MSNBC.”

At the conservative web site Hot Air, Ed Morrissey wrote that there had previously been valid critiques of media outlets that offered “biased perspective and hagiographies of Obama that go well beyond a single video.” He said that it was only valid to criticize a purported news report that clearly tilted politically in the other direction.

“If anyone wanted to look for evidence that the overall Fox News organization intends to campaign against Obama rather than cover the campaign, this video would be difficult to refute as evidence for that claim,” Morrissey wrote.

The libs have always done this. It's always been, must shut up conservative opinions.
Must get rid of Fox. must get rid of Rush and all the right wing radio talk show.

The Libs did this in the 1970's. Any one who talked openly in public with conservative views,were viciously attacked with very hateful speech.
Conservative got sick of those hateful vicious attacks and so they became the silent majority.
We now see that we should never have done that, it was a very big mistake. Now we are speaking out, dishing it back and Libs can't stand it.
Get over it Libs we will never be silenced again.
Attack all you want, we are not ever going to be the silent majority ever again.
We are speaking out and dishing it back.

Last edited:
You can't report anything on this guy without being accused of "crossing the line" or being called, a RACIST..

Forum List

Back