Fox's new 'fair and balanced' Obama video

awwwwwwwwwwww..... did the big bad FOX News upset wittle Obamabot JosephK with a dose of reality?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obamabot...that's original.

I'm not surprised that you missed the point. Respectable news outlets don't air propaganda.

That is the whole point. It was not propaganda.
They told the truth about how our nation really is over the last four years.
The rest of the media is painting us as warm and fuzzy and good feelings and how wonderful that things are getting better. When they are not. They are all in bed with Obama. So they won't say anything at all negative about him.
We have a huge number of unemployed, many tent city's because they are homeless.
We are 16 trillion in the hole and half the nation is getting government checks and are not paying in taxes. You don't hear this on any of the other news channels.
This is totally unsustainable.

FOX has no shame. Everything that video said was packed with lies of omission.

They talk about the rise in debt, but ignore the massive drop in revenue and GDP, caused by the Bush economic failure. They talk about job loss, but ignore that Obama immediately slowed down job losses with the stimulus package. They use gas prices from the pit of the recession, instead of the prerecession prices.

What a bunch of scumbags. They're lucky they're on cable, so their license can't be pulled. Yes, this is propaganda so bad that it would make Goebbels blush.

The libs have always done this.

Translation: "Two wrongs make a right."

We are speaking out and dishing it back.

By sinking to their level.

That will work! Who needs standards?

Perfect example, I rest my case. :lol:

I feel sorry for you. Things have deteriorated to the point that people like you can no longer discern propaganda from objective reporting. And you think since the other side does not tell the whole truth it is okay if your side does not tell the whole truth.

I guess that is what "fair and balanced" really means.

"Our propaganda balances out their propaganda. That's fair!"

If those three people on Fox and Friends were allowed to collaborate on an IQ test, they would score about 60.

They are an embarrassment to conservatism. If they are the best we can do for conservative journalism, then we are hard and truly fucked. The dumbing down of the base is well underway.

Last edited:

They talk about the rise in debt, but ignore the massive drop in revenue and GDP, caused by the Bush economic failure. They talk about job loss, but ignore that Obama immediately slowed down job losses with the stimulus package. They use gas prices from the pit of the recession, instead of the prerecession prices.

What a bunch of scumbags. They're lucky they're on cable, so their license can't be pulled. Yes, this is propaganda so bad that it would make Goebbels blush.

How fair is Obama's new numbers without putting in the 2009 numbers?
It paints a nice new outlook,

Last edited:

Really?
Immediately slowed down job loses?
Statistics right from the gov. web site released today.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Take a good long hard look at 2009 and 2010

Last edited:
OP: I laugh that this was supposed to be an indictment of Fox News and it's really just an indictment of Obama. I know you'd love for them to peddle the false narrative that everything is hunky dory under Obama. It ain't going to happen and that's why they kick ass in the ratings.

planned parenthood ran an ad about romney that lied, oops they are allowed and that doesn't draw fire, they are not fox, sorry carry on:rolleyes:

:eusa_whistle:

'Fox And Friends' Anti-Obama Video Could Double As GOP Ad (VIDEO)

"Fox and Friends" aired a remarkable four-minute video on its Wednesday show.

The video, which the hosts of the show advertised as taking a "look back" at President Obama's four years in office, could easily be mistaken for a Republican attack ad. It was aired multiple times throughout the show.

"We decided to take a look back at the president's first term to see if it lived up to hope and change," host Gretchen Carlson asked at one point, introducing the video.

In the video —which is labeled as a "Fox and Friends Presents" production — viewers see images of Obama talking about jobs contrasted with footage of homeless people. There is dark, foreboding music, and statistics about the unemployment rate, the rise in the number of food stamps, and the national debt, among other things.

Some media critics were outraged by the video. The Baltimore Sun's David Zurawik denounced it, calling it reminiscent of "1930s propaganda":

As the guy who challenged the Obama administration two years when it tried to deny Fox News access to interviews and other opportunities offered to the media on the grounds that Fox was not a legitimate news operation, I have to tell you even I am shocked by how blatantly Fox is throwing off any pretense of being a journalistic entity with videos like this. Don't be fooled by Bret Baier's Boy Scout smile or all the talk about how some shows are news and some are opinion on the channel. Any news organization that puts up this kind of video is rotten to the core.

The opening scenes were reminiscent of Triumph of the Will.

After that when the promises and the quotes of the Big 0 were alternated with the actual results of his disastrous administration, it may have looked more like propaganda, but when it's true, it is propaganda?

The guy has failed. He is taking the USA and the world down with him.

November 6 can't get here quick enough.

I hope there's enough left to save.

So what? Fox is merely a sign of the utter abandonment of journalistic standards by all the networks and cable outlets. You just hate Fox because of the direction their bias is pointed.

This is a classic example of the tu quoque fallacy. Or in plain English, the "two wrongs make a right" argument.

As the conservative pundit Ed Morrissey points out:

Should a news organization produce and publish attack ads like this? I know the initial response will be that other news organizations offer biased perspectives and hagiographies of Obama that go well beyond a single video … and that response is entirely valid. However, we usually criticize that kind of behavior with other news organizations, too. If anyone wanted to look for evidence that the overall Fox News organization intends to campaign against Obama rather than cover the campaign, this video would be difficult to refute as evidence for that claim.

I'm sorry. Did you think I was saying that that the lack of journalistic standards practiced by Fox is right and proper because the other networks are just as guilty? If so, could you explain how you came to that conclusion, rather than my disgust at journalism as practiced?

If those three people on Fox and Friends were allowed to collaborate on an IQ test, they would score about 60.

They are an embarrassment to conservatism. If they are the best we can do for conservative journalism, then we are hard and truly fucked. The dumbing down of the base is well underway.

Did you happen to catch Jeopardy when Chris Mattews (MSNBC) was on?
He lost, 0 money for his charity. He didn't get hardly any answers right. Great intelligence there. :lol:
Chris Wallace (Fox News) won, big money for his charity.

If we lump you into that collaboration, the needle barely rises.

The left think it's propaganda.
Fox told the truth how things really are.
They should never have backed down to the lefties like that, and they should not have taken it down.
Things are not good and the other news outlets are pushing the lies out there.
Look at how many really think the the stimulus worked, when it didn't, all it did was help a teeny, tiny bit.
It brought down unemployment by only .9%, in 3 1/2 years.

The left think it's propaganda.
Fox told the truth how things really are.
They should never have backed down to the lefties like that, and they should not have taken it down.
Things are not good and the other news outlets are pushing the lies out there.
Look at how many really think the the stimulus worked, when it didn't, all it did was help a teeny, tiny bit.
It brought down unemployment by only .9%, in 3 1/2 years.

propaganda need not be false in order to be propaganda.

They took the words and promises of Obama and then compared them to what he has actually done we have seen other networks do the same thing with Romney so I'm not really sure what the problem here is.

They took the words and promises of Obama and then compared them to what he has actually done we have seen other networks do the same thing with Romney so I'm not really sure what the problem here is.

They just can't stand Fox and the report was from their precious HuffingtonPost. :lol:

They just can't stand Fox and the report was from their precious HuffingtonPost. :lol:

I did find pretty amusing that someone uses the Huffington Post to claim bias from another.

Forum List

Back