Fox's new 'fair and balanced' Obama video

:eusa_whistle:

'Fox And Friends' Anti-Obama Video Could Double As GOP Ad (VIDEO)

"Fox and Friends" aired a remarkable four-minute video on its Wednesday show.

The video, which the hosts of the show advertised as taking a "look back" at President Obama's four years in office, could easily be mistaken for a Republican attack ad. It was aired multiple times throughout the show.

"We decided to take a look back at the president's first term to see if it lived up to hope and change," host Gretchen Carlson asked at one point, introducing the video.

In the video —which is labeled as a "Fox and Friends Presents" production — viewers see images of Obama talking about jobs contrasted with footage of homeless people. There is dark, foreboding music, and statistics about the unemployment rate, the rise in the number of food stamps, and the national debt, among other things.

Some media critics were outraged by the video. The Baltimore Sun's David Zurawik denounced it, calling it reminiscent of "1930s propaganda":

As the guy who challenged the Obama administration two years when it tried to deny Fox News access to interviews and other opportunities offered to the media on the grounds that Fox was not a legitimate news operation, I have to tell you even I am shocked by how blatantly Fox is throwing off any pretense of being a journalistic entity with videos like this. Don't be fooled by Bret Baier's Boy Scout smile or all the talk about how some shows are news and some are opinion on the channel. Any news organization that puts up this kind of video is rotten to the core.

So what? Fox is merely a sign of the utter abandonment of journalistic standards by all the networks and cable outlets. You just hate Fox because of the direction their bias is pointed.

It was "Fox and Friends" which is if anything not news reporting but opinion; it is analogous to "Good Mornin America" and other like entertainment programs. The bias with F&F is no more pronounced than GMA's.

It was "Fox and Friends" which is if anything not news reporting but opinion; it is analogous to "Good Mornin America" and other like entertainment programs. The bias with F&F is no more pronounced than GMA's.

you know very well that bias on a Fox non-NEWS program is completely unacceptable, while bias on any other networks non-NEWS program is perfectly acceptable.

Uh oh:

"Bill Shine, Fox's executive vice president of programming, issued a statement Wednesday saying the segment was unauthorized. “The package that aired on FOX & Friends was created by an associate producer and was not authorized at the senior executive level of the network. This has been addressed with the show’s producers,” Shine said."

Fox News Airs Segment Resembling Campaign Attack Ad - Yahoo! News

Yeah, let me know when GMA runs a five minute long hit piece on Romney.

Uh oh:

"Bill Shine, Fox's executive vice president of programming, issued a statement Wednesday saying the segment was unauthorized. “The package that aired on FOX & Friends was created by an associate producer and was not authorized at the senior executive level of the network. This has been addressed with the show’s producers,” Shine said."

That's how Fox always plays these. They run the story, then go oops.

Uh oh:

doesn't seem to say management disagrees with the contents. Did I miss that part of the piece?

Oh, and Fox& Friends isn't 'news'.

awwwwwwwwwwww..... did the big bad FOX News upset wittle Obamabot JosephK with a dose of reality?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I could care less MSMBC is left and fox is right. What pisses me off is them honestly trying to say they are Fair and Balanced. They report, you decide? Really!!??

awwwwwwwwwwww..... did the big bad FOX News upset wittle Obamabot JosephK with a dose of reality?

I could care less MSMBC is left and fox is right. What pisses me off is them honestly trying to say they are Fair and Balanced. They report, you decide? Really!!??

They have many more Liberals working for Fox news (which is what that means -fair and balanced).
Mainstream news has very few, if any Conservatives working for them. They have Conservatives come on their shows, but not much in the way of being hired.

They have many more Liberals working for Fox news (which is what that means -fair and balanced).
Mainstream news has very few, if any Conservatives working for them. They have Conservatives come on their shows, but not much in the way of being hired.

How do you figure? CNN has hosts that basically sit back (Wolf Blitzer) and let the guests battle it out, which includes a pretty even mix from both sides. I'll give you that MSNBC is pretty liberal, but they're also open about that fact. They don't try to dress it up like Fox and claim a "fair and balanced" panel consisting of three conservatives and one mealy-mouthed liberal they found on the side of the road.

Nothing on Fox is. That's a beauty of it. A news-free news channel.

Then you must think the same thing about CNN and MSNBC.
When you watch all three, all of them are reporting the same news stories. They all get their news from the Associated Press.
Fox reports things from the Ap that the others think is not news worthy.
For example Fox reported about AZ. wanting the presidents birth certificate, in order to put him on the ballot.
The mainstream news didn't think that was news worthy enough for their viewers.
Sure wouldn't want viewers to be informed about things like that. Then one woman ( a journalist) who was on MSNBC, said that the story was a lie. When it isn't.

Nothing on Fox is. That's a beauty of it. A news-free news channel.

Then you must think the same thing about CNN and MSNBC.
When you watch all three, all of them are reporting the same news stories. They all get their news from the Associated Press.
Fox reports things from the Ap that the others think is not news worthy.
For example Fox reported about AZ. wanting the presidents birth certificate, in order to put him on the ballot.
The mainstream news didn't think that was news worthy enough for their viewers.
Sure wouldn't want viewers to be informed about things like that. Then one woman ( a journalist) who was on MSNBC, said that the story was a lie. When it isn't.

I do feel that way about MSNBC. CNN has news content, it's just boring as hell.

And I'd like to see a source for someone saying that story was a lie. I'd be willing to bet she was referring to Fox promoting the "Obama is a secret illegal alien" meme.

:eusa_whistle:

'Fox And Friends' Anti-Obama Video Could Double As GOP Ad (VIDEO)

"Fox and Friends" aired a remarkable four-minute video on its Wednesday show.

The video, which the hosts of the show advertised as taking a "look back" at President Obama's four years in office, could easily be mistaken for a Republican attack ad. It was aired multiple times throughout the show.

"We decided to take a look back at the president's first term to see if it lived up to hope and change," host Gretchen Carlson asked at one point, introducing the video.

In the video —which is labeled as a "Fox and Friends Presents" production — viewers see images of Obama talking about jobs contrasted with footage of homeless people. There is dark, foreboding music, and statistics about the unemployment rate, the rise in the number of food stamps, and the national debt, among other things.

Some media critics were outraged by the video. The Baltimore Sun's David Zurawik denounced it, calling it reminiscent of "1930s propaganda":

As the guy who challenged the Obama administration two years when it tried to deny Fox News access to interviews and other opportunities offered to the media on the grounds that Fox was not a legitimate news operation, I have to tell you even I am shocked by how blatantly Fox is throwing off any pretense of being a journalistic entity with videos like this. Don't be fooled by Bret Baier's Boy Scout smile or all the talk about how some shows are news and some are opinion on the channel. Any news organization that puts up this kind of video is rotten to the core.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MoWJnvYFDg&feature=player_embedded]Fox News Video - Obama "Then and Now" - YouTube[/ame]

watching the video. I can see where you think it is "Anti-Obama" but, in all honesty, it seems pretty accurate. If an accurate accounting of what he had said vs what he has done is considered "anti-obama" maybe you should look at the differences yourself.

Its just the truth of his words compared to the actions of the country under his presidency.

How dare Fox remind us of what a failure obama is! All media outlets should be restrained from the truth and just promote democrat propaganda.

It's "accurate" in the sense that they didn't make up any numbers, but it's presented in a highly misleading fashion. Key example: the claim that gas prices have risen from $2.50 a gallon when Obama took office to $3.68 today. That's true, but leaves out that oil took a nosedive in late 2008 due to the decline in industry activity. Before that decline, gas prices were pushing $4 a gallon. Gas being near that level today doesn't show that Obama is incompenant, it shows that demand for gas is higher because we're not flying off a cliff.

Funny, the left is attacking the messenger, not the message. There's not a single thing in there that is not true. All of the words spoken were Obama's, his message was loud and clear. He just failed to deliver what he promised.

Yea, the left has been doing crap like this for years. It's about time someone stood up to them and their complete pack of pundits.

WTG FOX, perhaps the Romney Campaign will actually keep this stuff going. It's a great video!!

Forum List

Back