Former MADD president arrested for DUI

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20036544-504083.html

Oberlin, who's 48, was arrested after she had difficulty on a field sobriety test, according to the Sun. She registered a .234 and .239 on breath alcohol tests, nearly three times Florida's legal limit for driving.

Wow, she was way over. Typically the more bureacratic a group becomes whether it's a lobby, government official or politician, the bigger chance that they're just a lying hypocrit.

I believe that MADD has a good and noble message ---- a bit too much hoopla in the delivery though sometimes.

"Debra Oberlin, a former president of a defunct chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, was arrested recently by the Gainesville, Fla. police - for drunk driving, according to the Gainesville Sun."

I literally laughed out loud at this.
Then I felt guilty, b/c she had done great work to help fight drunk driving.
then I laughed at myself for careing.
then I felt bad for laughing at myself for being so pathetic

so now I'm trapped in an odd diminsion between humor and guilt. :lol: or not to :lol:

Im sorry to hear she has had problems in her life. She is going to have to live with her consequences.

This is precisely why she should have listened to hear own advice. Don't drink or do drugs and you cant get a dui. Simple as that.

Now that's a face of joy. :lol:

Irony is one of my favorite things.

and when a drunk driver hits someone you care about the Karma will have completed the full circle.

The best friend that I ever had was killed by a drunk driver so folks who get DUI's don't get any sympathy from me. I hope the judge throws the book at her.

She deserves what anyone else breaking the law deserves however I don't think I will use her misery as a reason to party.
Why is it that when someone advocates something they have to perform it perfectly or they get reamed ?

and when a drunk driver hits someone you care about the Karma will have completed the full circle.

The best friend that I ever had was killed by a drunk driver so folks who get DUI's don't get any sympathy from me. I hope the judge throws the book at her.

She deserves what anyone else breaking the law deserves however I don't think I will use her misery as a reason to party.
Why is it that when someone advocates something they have to perform it perfectly or they get reamed ?

She didn't hit anyone, we don't know if this was a random bender, or she has real problems.

So at this moment, it's ironically funny.

In other words

Lighten up Francis, and have a non-alcoholic beer on me :eusa_angel:

I believe that MADD has a good and noble message ---- a bit too much hoopla in the delivery though sometimes.

MADD just goes overboard, we're at a point in some places where having a couple drinks with dinner will get you a dui cuz the blood alcohol level standard is too low and we're arresting innocent people.

The people who are legitimately really drunk and driving should be the people who are hit hardest and with far stronger penalties than we currently have, like the lady in the article should get.

This headline got even more attention from me than others probably, because my D.A.R.E. officer in elementary school was fun in his upside down SUV in a ditch, he was passed out from alcohol and cocaine.

Because if you don't practice what you preach than your word shouldn't be taken seriously.

If you say something is important, but your actions prove they aren't to you, I'm not going to take what you say seriously.

She didn't hit anyone, we don't know if this was a random bender, or she has real problems.

In other words

Sorry---I don't see any humor in not always being able to live up to what one advocates.
At least advocates take a stand, express a committment and do their best to live up to it.

In other words

Sorry---I don't see any humor in not always being able to live up to what one advocates.
At least advocates take a stand, express a committment and do their best to live up to it.

This is not someone with a vast array of rules with high standards.

This is someone that makes it so I can't have a 2nd beer with diner b/c I'm driving. This is the twit that has people checking their body weight against what they want to drink and counting how much they can have and how far apart its supposed to be.

so yeah, she fell off her high horse and landed on her head.

nothing was hurt except her pride, so it's funny.

Because if they're going to preach, they better practice it. It's really that simple.

I despise hypocrites of her sort. People here think this is funny. I think she needs to be locked up and incarcerated, post haste. I don't see any humor in her plight, only hypocrisy, and I'm disgusted by her.

Because if they're going to preach, they better practice it. It's really that simple.

I despise hypocrites of her sort. People here think this is funny. I think she needs to be locked up and incarcerated, post haste. I don't see any humor in her plight, only hypocrisy, and I'm disgusted by her.

Tell us what you preach and I'll have the media watch your every move for the slightest slip up. :lol:
people ain't perfect-that's all I'm saying.

Tell us what you preach and I'll have the media watch your every move for the slightest slip up. :lol:
people ain't perfect-that's all I'm saying.

I don't consider driving with three times the legal blood alcohol content a "slightest slip up." It's not as if a grammar teacher posted a message on this board where she ended a sentence with a preposition.

Forum List

Back