Former MADD president arrested for DUI

The best friend that I ever had was killed by a drunk driver so folks who get DUI's don't get any sympathy from me. I hope the judge throws the book at her.

She deserves what anyone else breaking the law deserves however I don't think I will use her misery as a reason to party.
Why is it that when someone advocates something they have to perform it perfectly or they get reamed ?

Because if they're going to preach, they better practice it. It's really that simple.

I despise hypocrites of her sort. People here think this is funny. I think she needs to be locked up and incarcerated, post haste. I don't see any humor in her plight, only hypocrisy, and I'm disgusted by her.

shut the fuck up

:thup:

She deserves what anyone else breaking the law deserves however I don't think I will use her misery as a reason to party.
Why is it that when someone advocates something they have to perform it perfectly or they get reamed ?

Because if they're going to preach, they better practice it. It's really that simple.

I despise hypocrites of her sort. People here think this is funny. I think she needs to be locked up and incarcerated, post haste. I don't see any humor in her plight, only hypocrisy, and I'm disgusted by her.

shut the fuck up

A mod being a troll. How fascinating. Fuck off if you can't add anything to the discussion.

shut the fuck up

A mod being a troll. How fascinating. Fuck off if you can't add anything to the discussion.

a douchebag being a hypocrite. how mundane.

piss off, anklebiter :lol:

Former MADD president arrested for DUI - Crimesider - CBS News

Oberlin, who's 48, was arrested after she had difficulty on a field sobriety test, according to the Sun. She registered a .234 and .239 on breath alcohol tests, nearly three times Florida's legal limit for driving.

Wow, she was way over. Typically the more bureacratic a group becomes whether it's a lobby, government official or politician, the bigger chance that they're just a lying hypocrit.
That is tremendously intoxicated. What a shame. I'm glad that she didn't hurt anyone.

I believe that MADD has a good and noble message ---- a bit too much hoopla in the delivery though sometimes.

MADD just goes overboard, we're at a point in some places where having a couple drinks with dinner will get you a dui cuz the blood alcohol level standard is too low and we're arresting innocent people.

The people who are legitimately really drunk and driving should be the people who are hit hardest and with far stronger penalties than we currently have, like the lady in the article should get.

This headline got even more attention from me than others probably, because my D.A.R.E. officer in elementary school was fun in his upside down SUV in a ditch, he was passed out from alcohol and cocaine.

My teen recently took her driving test. One of the questions from her course was whether there were more or less drunk driving fatalities since 1982.

I was shocked to find out that there are nearly 50% less annually.

Since NHTSA began recording alcohol-related statistics in 1982, alcohol-impaired driving fatalities have decreased 49% from 21,113 in 1982. Since the inception of The Century Council and our national efforts to fight drunk driving, alcohol-impaired driving fatalities have declined 32% from 15,827 in 1991. (Source: NHTSA/FARS, 2010)

Drunk Driving Research & Statistics

MADD was formed in 1980, so their efforts I'm sure have contributed to the awareness and decline in the annual fatalities.

Also to put something in perspective, from the article:
Debra Oberlin, a former president of a defunct chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, was arrested recently by the Gainesville, Fla. police - for drunk driving, according to the Gainesville Sun.

She seems like a relative nobody once affiliated. She isn't the founder.

MADD was formed in 1980, so their efforts I'm sure have contributed to the awareness and decline in the annual fatalities.

Debra Oberlin, a former president of a defunct chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, was arrested recently by the Gainesville, Fla. police - for drunk driving, according to the Gainesville Sun.

I've never even heard anyone from MADD say anything, never seen them do anything. I've never been as drunk as this lady was when she drove. I'll bet fairly often (couple times a month) though I drive with a .05-.06 blood alcohol level, which would make me a law breaker in some parts.

Similar to people smoking going down, I think the general health awareness combined with time have stopped the drunken driving.

I've never even heard anyone from MADD say anything, never seen them do anything. I've never been as drunk as this lady was when she drove. I'll bet fairly often (couple times a month) though I drive with a .05-.06 blood alcohol level, which would make me a law breaker in some parts.

Similar to people smoking going down, I think the general health awareness combined with time have stopped the drunken driving.

Where is there a .05-.06 maximum? I know of states with .08, and some as high as .10. I think you might be mistaken.

And if you have not seen the don't drink and drive campaigns...you live in a remote area.

Former MADD president arrested for DUI - Crimesider - CBS News

Oberlin, who's 48, was arrested after she had difficulty on a field sobriety test, according to the Sun. She registered a .234 and .239 on breath alcohol tests, nearly three times Florida's legal limit for driving.

Wow, she was way over. Typically the more bureacratic a group becomes whether it's a lobby, government official or politician, the bigger chance that they're just a lying hypocrit.

Looks like she's a Real Estate agent now:

Agents : ERA Preferred Properties

Forum List

Back