Sober woman arrested for drunk driving.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Victim Arrested After Sheriff's Deputy Crashes Into Her

A woman in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, was arrested for drunk driving after being T-boned by a police officer. The only problem? She was sober and not at fault for the accident.

Deputy Sheriff Joseph Quiles hit Tanya Weyker's car while on patrol around General Mitchell International Airport on February 20th, 2013, KTLA reported. The crash broke her neck in four places, leaving her unable to blow into a Breathalyzer or take a field sobriety test.

Deputy Quiles said in the accident report that he made a full stop at the stop signed and looked each way before proceeding and did not see Weyker's headlights, but security cameras caught Deputy Quiles rolling through the stop sign before hitting Weyker's Camry. Deputy Quiles also said he smelled alcohol on Weyker's breath and that her eyes were red and glassy.

"I explained to him my eyes were red and glassy because I was crying," Weyker told KTLA.

She was placed under arrest for drunk driving while in traction at the hospital, though there was no evidence alcohol was a factor. The county threatened Weyker with prosecution if she didn't pay for damages in the crash, even though the Sheriff Department knew Deputy Quiles was at fault two days afterward. Five months later, blood tests show she was sober at the crash, but it took another five months for prosecutors to drop the charges against her. She's still waiting for the county to help with her medical bills, which may reach $1 million. Weyker also filed a complaint against the deputy that arrested her, WTKR reports.

As for Deputy Quiles, he was suspended for nine days for breaking a traffic law, but was never punished for his incorrect statements in the incident report. He has not worked in the year proceeding the accident, has exhausted his injury pay, and has his retirement application up for review, despite being released from the hospital after the crash after treatment for minor injuries.

Oy.

quiles_staff_photo-e1398978056514.jpg

In my opinion, filing a complaint is a slap on the wrist when that woman's neck was broken.

God bless you and her always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I was going to say that a lawsuit should be in the picture, but then I remember that her neck was broken in several places. With it being a cop that hit her, to me, he should be charged.

he shoujld be hung up by his heels and beaten to death with a spoon, you mean.

A woman in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, was arrested for drunk driving after being T-boned by a police officer. The only problem? She was sober and not at fault for the accident.

Deputy Sheriff Joseph Quiles hit Tanya Weyker's car while on patrol around General Mitchell International Airport on February 20th, 2013, KTLA reported. The crash broke her neck in four places, leaving her unable to blow into a Breathalyzer or take a field sobriety test.

Deputy Quiles said in the accident report that he made a full stop at the stop signed and looked each way before proceeding and did not see Weyker's headlights, but security cameras caught Deputy Quiles rolling through the stop sign before hitting Weyker's Camry. Deputy Quiles also said he smelled alcohol on Weyker's breath and that her eyes were red and glassy.

"I explained to him my eyes were red and glassy because I was crying," Weyker told KTLA.

She was placed under arrest for drunk driving while in traction at the hospital, though there was no evidence alcohol was a factor. The county threatened Weyker with prosecution if she didn't pay for damages in the crash, even though the Sheriff Department knew Deputy Quiles was at fault two days afterward. Five months later, blood tests show she was sober at the crash, but it took another five months for prosecutors to drop the charges against her. She's still waiting for the county to help with her medical bills, which may reach $1 million. Weyker also filed a complaint against the deputy that arrested her, WTKR reports.

As for Deputy Quiles, he was suspended for nine days for breaking a traffic law, but was never punished for his incorrect statements in the incident report. He has not worked in the year proceeding the accident, has exhausted his injury pay, and has his retirement application up for review, despite being released from the hospital after the crash after treatment for minor injuries.

Oy.

How sad...

I'm glad I didn't pull out my "I'll bet she was high on life!" joke.

Filing a false report is a crime. It's called PERJURY, and the last time I checked it's a felony.

She should be going for punitive damages in addition to her medical bills. Look at what they put her through, and I say "they" because it sounds like the police department tried to cover for their boy.

Wisconsin. Seems that there is a problem with that law enforcement agency. A major problem extending into the Prosecuters Office. Seems it should be addressed at the state level, since a higher level of government is needed when the local agency is shown to be corrupt. So, why is not this being taken up by the State Government?

She's still waiting for the county to help with her medical bills, which may reach $1 million. Weyker also filed a complaint against the deputy that arrested her,

To bad for her & everyone who lives in Wisconsin. Governor Scott Walker signed a tort reform bill into law in 2011. All damages awarded will be capped at $200,000. Looks like tax payers will have to take care of her & anyone in her situation for life. Plus every-time a company or person injures a Wisconsin citizen in excess of that cap limit, healthcare premiums will rise to cover those unpaid damages. The hospital will have to charge everyone else way more to cover the $1 million medical bill the negligent officer driver & his insurance will not have to pay.

She's still waiting for the county to help with her medical bills, which may reach $1 million. Weyker also filed a complaint against the deputy that arrested her,

To bad for her & everyone who lives in Wisconsin. Governor Scott Walker signed a tort reform bill into law in 2011. All damages awarded will be capped at $200,000. Looks like tax payers will have to take care of her & anyone in her situation for life. Plus every-time a company or person injures a Wisconsin citizen in excess of that cap limit, healthcare premiums will rise to cover those unpaid damages. The hospital will have to charge everyone else way more to cover the $1 million medical bill the negligent officer driver & his insurance will not have to pay.

She can file a Federal Civil Rights lawsuit (Title 18 Sec. 243) against the deputy and the deputy will have to spend his own money. At the end of it she'll own everything he thought was his. It will take a few years, but she'll own him.

He should be charged with dangerous driving causing serious injury. And the police department should pay the medical bills.

Oy.

Talk about getting screwed over, that poor lady got the "bonus plan".
:eek:

Forum List

Back