Former D.C. Mayor Marion Berry Is Dead

As someone who lives in DC Marion Berry did some good for the city he helped out senior citizens , and young people with programs that are still used today. He helped getting the MCI now Verizon Center built in DC and he was a pro business as he helped spur a new life economically in the district in the 80's onward. But, the man wasn't perfect he was probably a racist with his remarks to Asian business owners a couple years ago, he also presided over one most dangerous times in DC with is horrible crime rate especially with homicides leading the nation for many years, and he vowed to fight against illegal drugs but was a user of them.

So yeah I can see why so many people like him in DC and other parts of the country he was a very charismatic, and smart man who did right by people in the DC community as well in the black community. But I can see why some folks in DC and around the country who did not like him as they saw him as a hypocritical drug addict racist who hurt DC more than what he did to help it.

Me personaly I just saw him as very flawed man who did some good with his power as Mayor but his flaws stopped him from being something great for not only in the black community but also for DC as well. Rest in peace Marion Berry Mayor for life indeed

Rip

NBC advertises a "revenge game" for the Flyers for last years playoff loss to Pitt. In actuality, the Flyers beat the Pens in last years playoffs.

Wow, that's hilarious. FOX got his name wrong in the headline.

It's Marion Barry, not Marion Berry.
BFD. Deflect much?

Well, it would be nice if a NEWS organization got details right.

Getting your information from Fox is like getting your news from the Town Drunk.

Now on to Barry- fact was, the FBI set him up. If they had engaged in this level of entrapment with, let us say, a Skinhead racist in Idaho, you wingnuts would be screaming bloody murder.

It`s hard to tell what crazy things voters will do. A president lied his country into war and was given a second term for doing so.
He didn't lie, but which president got lie of the year? Please tell!
It`s hard to tell what crazy things voters will do. A president lied his country into war and was given a second term for doing so.
One lie saved lies while 935 lies got a lot of people killed. See the difference?
Study Bush aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war - CNN.com

One lie saved lies while 935 lies got a lot of people killed. See the difference?
I guess you don't remember Clinton saying the same thing? I guess he is responsible also?

A study from George Soros group?? You want us to take that seriously??

I guess you don't remember Clinton saying the same thing? I guess he is responsible also?
Clinton is not the guy who threw Hans Blix and his weapons inspectors out of Iraq because they found no wmd`s. A lot of politicians talked tough but one man and one man alone is responsible for the Iraq fiasco.

BFD. Deflect much?

Getting your information from Fox is like getting your news from the Town Drunk.

Now on to Barry- fact was, the FBI set him up. If they had engaged in this level of entrapment with, let us say, a Skinhead racist in Idaho, you wingnuts would be screaming bloody murder.

Set him up how? They left a trail of rocks down the hallway?

As someone who lives in DC Marion Berry did some good for the city he helped out senior citizens , and young people with programs that are still used today. He helped getting the MCI now Verizon Center built in DC and he was a pro business as he helped spur a new life economically in the district in the 80's onward. But, the man wasn't perfect he was probably a racist with his remarks to Asian business owners a couple years ago, he also presided over one most dangerous times in DC with is horrible crime rate especially with homicides leading the nation for many years, and he vowed to fight against illegal drugs but was a user of them.

So yeah I can see why so many people like him in DC and other parts of the country he was a very charismatic, and smart man who did right by people in the DC community as well in the black community. But I can see why some folks in DC and around the country who did not like him as they saw him as a hypocritical drug addict racist who hurt DC more than what he did to help it.

Me personaly I just saw him as very flawed man who did some good with his power as Mayor but his flaws stopped him from being something great for not only in the black community but also for DC as well. Rest in peace Marion Berry Mayor for life indeed
I'm DC local, too, and that guy was the equivalent of a Chicago mayor on the take from the mob in the 1930's.
He helped DC become the parasitic entity it is today and he did it with racial shakedown techniques.
His reelection after doing time illustrates the racism of blacks that democrat politicians can count on for votes. It would be like Nixon being reelected president in the name of whiteness after having resigned due to Watergate.
With that said, people still shouldn't wish death on those who aren't terrorists or murderers.

I'm DC local, too, and that guy was the equivalent of a Chicago mayor on the take from the mob in the 1930's.
He helped DC become the parasitic entity it is today and he did it with racial shakedown techniques.
His reelection after doing time illustrates the racism of blacks that democrat politicians can count on for votes. It would be like Nixon being reelected president in the name of whiteness after having resigned due to Watergate.
With that said, people still shouldn't wish death on those who aren't terrorists or murderers.
Do you remember his towing racket? They put up no parking signs everywhere in the city (sometimes 4 or 5 signs on one post with different hours) that made it almost impossible to figure out if it was ok to park there. He had hundreds of tow trucks all over the city, lying in wait. The driver could go into a building, come out 5 minutes later and his car would be gone. D.C. raked in millions with this racket while Marion partied with crack cocaine and prostitutes.

BFD. Deflect much?

Set him up how? They left a trail of rocks down the hallway?
If you really want to know.....
WashingtonPost.com Jurors View Videotape of Barry Drug Arrest

BFD. Deflect much?

How exactly do you get set up for smoking crack with a hooker? I mean seriously. Either you do it or you don't?

How exactly do you get set up for smoking crack with a hooker? I mean seriously. Either you do it or you don't?

You set him up in the room with the hooker and have the hooker ply him with drugs and continue to do so after he says "No, I'm not into that anymore".

Which is why the A jury rejected all but one count.

A guy who isn't into that any more gets up and walks away.

Or wasn't there in the first place.

Gee isnt' that amazing, I've never been set up for doing drugs with a hooker. Because I've never fucking done drugs with a hooker.

Gee isnt' that amazing, I've never been set up for doing drugs with a hooker. Because I've never fucking done drugs with a hooker.

Because you were never important enough for Reagan to want to set up.
Sonny, let me assure you that you don't rise to Lt Col in the Army without making a few enemies, but none of them ever set me up for doing drugs with a hooker.

Again, why? Because I don't do drugs with hookers.

What you are suggesting is akin to suggesting that all those pervs on to catch a predator were actually innocent, because they were set up by the show.

Because you were never important enough for Reagan to want to set up.
You mean you're not blaming Bush?

Sonny, let me assure you that you don't rise to Lt Col in the Army without making a few enemies, but none of them ever set me up for doing drugs with a hooker.

Again, why? Because I don't do drugs with hookers.

What you are suggesting is akin to suggesting that all those pervs on to catch a predator were actually innocent, because they were set up by the show.

Sonny, again, so what you are saying is, you were too much of a nobody for anyone to want to set you up.

Mayor Barry wasn't.

Forum List

Back