No statue for Robert E Lee but black ex-con Marion Barry gets one.

Robert E Lee was a traitor, Marion Barry wasn't.

The real traitors were the southerners who fought for the Union. Lee wouldn't do that. He loved virginia and refused to betray his state. He probably should have just stayed out of the war entirely.
Lee is a traitor who wanted to split and destroy the United States. I'm sure he had what he thought were good reasons, much like conservatives today think they are doing the right thing trying to change the country into a religious theocracy.

Show us where the constitution bans unilateral seceding.

Article 1, section 10

"1: No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation;"

1. No mention there of secession. And anyway, once a state left the Union, the constitution did not apply to them. Article 1 applies to states still in the USA that try to make deals with foreign countries.

2. It's preposterous to say the founding fathers would ban secession right after they fought a war to secede from england.

3. The constitution never mentions secession directly and so, by the tenth amendment, each state has that right.

No mention of secession huh?

The Confederacy was a confederacy, they made a confederation. It says that no states shall make a confederation, or enter into one, they entered into one.

Well, the Constitution doesn't apply to them if they left the Union either A) with consent of the US govt or B) they could defeat the US govt. They did neither.

No, it's not preposterous to say they would ban secession at all. They didn't ban secession... go figure. We've done thing how many time? It's about UNILATERAL secession.

So, if the Constitution doesn't mention it directly, then it doesn't apply.

Well, the US Constitution doesn't mention Glocks, Smith and Westerns or any other type of guns, does this mean that the Constitution doesn't apply to them. Better go tell them there rednecks the Constitution doesn't mention their guns.

they have a huge mural for the criminal Freddie Gray
a plaque for the criminal Mike Brown who had a felony conviction, stole, assaulted a store clerk, and then assaulted a cop
St Louis black alderman recently voted to honor criminal A Smith !! ?? !!!
..I just don't get why the blacks love and HONOR criminals..??!!!??

Blacks don't really have any heroes except thugs and jocks. Great black businessmen or scientists or inventors??

Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela???? Never heard of them?

they have a huge mural for the criminal Freddie Gray
a plaque for the criminal Mike Brown who had a felony conviction, stole, assaulted a store clerk, and then assaulted a cop
St Louis black alderman recently voted to honor criminal A Smith !! ?? !!!
..I just don't get why the blacks love and HONOR criminals..??!!!??

Blacks don't really have any heroes except thugs and jocks. Great black businessmen or scientists or inventors??
Mark Dean, James West, and Malcolm X are my heroes.

Forum List

Back