For Vietnam Vets, an apology and thanks

I was drafted for the Vietnam War on 04/01/70

Another kid, a high school friend, was also inducted into the Army that day from our town.

The last time I ever saw him was basic training.

I later found out that Clark S. had stepped on a mine.

His name is on the wall.

I have never had the guts to go visit the "Wall".

I struggled with survivers guilt for 20+ years.

After fullfilling my 2 years of service.

I got out and started building a life and family.

Went to collage on the G.I. Bill

I rarely told anyone I was involved it that conflict.

I was embarrassed to have been a part of that senseless war.

Now 30 years later America has made the exact same mistakes in Iraq/Afghanistain as we did in Vietnam.

Really makes me sick

Ravi, rightwinger, strollingbones, I am so embarrassed for you. I can't believe you don't comprehend how disgusting your posts are.

Jake, as I read this thread, thank you SO MUCH for not playing into their garbage. You guys don't deserve an answer from one of our military, you don't deserve anything. Wait, I take that back, you should have been spanked a lot harder when you were young, your lack of appreciation for the sacrifices that were made for you has really lowered my opinion of libs below where it already was. I suspect your whole angle is you want to continue to demonize our military today so you can get your completely naive and idiotic anti-war chants to continue. You think the world would be all sweet if Obama and our nation would just compromise our freedom away? You have no clue about the reality of people and greed and the mindset that actually gets a hard on out of watching people be tortured and suffer.

Our guys go over there, some of them have been captured, some of them have been beheaded, and for what? So you can sit around and claim you know something that you clearly don't.

You probably think you could reason with the likes of Arafat. Did you know that he used to twist the heads off of kittens in front of kindergarten classes just to toughen up the kids? That's the kind of people that are out there in the world, that's the kind of twisted perverted, too gross to be reported evils out there that our bravest are out battling while we sit in our comfortable lazychairs watching "American Idol" while you criticize those who fought for your freedom. You sicken me.

I hope no one offers you any proof at all. You don't deserve it. You've thrown your own kind of mud just now, and I"m ashamed of you. I'm ashamed to call you an American.

you sicken me. hiding behind the military throwing mud in all directions.

Ravi, rightwinger, strollingbones, I am so embarrassed for you. I can't believe you don't comprehend how disgusting your posts are.

Jake, as I read this thread, thank you SO MUCH for not playing into their garbage. You guys don't deserve an answer from one of our military, you don't deserve anything. Wait, I take that back, you should have been spanked a lot harder when you were young, your lack of appreciation for the sacrifices that were made for you has really lowered my opinion of libs below where it already was. I suspect your whole angle is you want to continue to demonize our military today so you can get your completely naive and idiotic anti-war chants to continue. You think the world would be all sweet if Obama and our nation would just compromise our freedom away? You have no clue about the reality of people and greed and the mindset that actually gets a hard on out of watching people be tortured and suffer.

Our guys go over there, some of them have been captured, some of them have been beheaded, and for what? So you can sit around and claim you know something that you clearly don't.

You probably think you could reason with the likes of Arafat. Did you know that he used to twist the heads off of kittens in front of kindergarten classes just to toughen up the kids? That's the kind of people that are out there in the world, that's the kind of twisted perverted, too gross to be reported evils out there that our bravest are out battling while we sit in our comfortable lazychairs watching "American Idol" while you criticize those who fought for your freedom. You sicken me.

I hope no one offers you any proof at all. You don't deserve it. You've thrown your own kind of mud just now, and I"m ashamed of you. I'm ashamed to call you an American.

you sicken me. hiding behind the military throwing mud in all directions.

"hiding" behind the military? I'm not hiding, never have.

(heh, 'cept for not posting my address and phone number...)

Last edited:
JenT and I disagree often on politics but not on the memories of what seared the generations of our grandparents (the WWII generation), our parents, and ours. And I honor her honesty, staring the truth straight in the face and telling it like it was. If any can't handle it, get out of the way.

The GI Bill was wonderful in empowering and growing the middle class, just like it had with the unions from 1944 on for the WWII generation. The purchasing power of the consuming middle class drives this economy; two out of every three dollars comes from us, not the corporatists (opposed to the capitalist who actually make something or provide a worthy service). Any who think social engineering can't work, better look at the impact of the GI bill and Truman's beginning integration of the Armed Forces. The price for Vietnam was emotionally awful for three generations, and now we get to listen to folks who don't know a darn thing about it or outright lying about it.

I tell you what, everybody. Go to soup kitchen on Saturday or Sunday. It will sadden you and it will make you feel awfully good about what you have in your life right now. Talk to the homeless veterans before you go to your warm home, dry bed, and indoor plumbing. It may change your lives.

How sad you people are using the military to advance some stupid urban myth.

Jen, you claimed you saw many pictures of Vets being spit on but you produce none.

Jake, you claim you were spit often but can't come up with one example.

I rarely agree with Del, but I have no choice here.

i'm ashamed to call you human, so i guess it all evens out.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
How sad you people are using the military to advance some stupid urban myth.

Jen, you claimed you saw many pictures of Vets being spit on but you produce none.

Jake, you claim you were spit often but can't come up with one example.

I rarely agree with Del, but I have no choice here.

i'm ashamed to call you human, so i guess it all evens out.

Pfft. Agreeing with Del isn't nearly as earth-shattering, and ego-blowing as having to admit when you agree with me. :eusa_hand:

Get it straight -- I said it happened once to me, and dozens of my peers told me it happened to them.

That anybody else here doesn't think it happened simply doesn't matter. Such thinking is like the child whining and pouting at home over something. No one gives any real emotion to what the child or the naysayers here think. The child is wrong. The naysayers are wrong. The history of that the spitting on Vietnam veterans often happened is secure forever.

Obviously my biker friends are right. Hard to believe. That's all. Guess that's what a message board is for, to see other people's opinions and express our own.

I'd say that's happened in this thread.

Backtrack all you want.
I was getting spit at it. 'bones, it really, really happened, and it really, really happened a lot.

Who spit at you and where did this happen?

I agree with your take on this. JenT is being a sanctimonious jent.

Some people actually spitting, or even many people reportedly spitting, and more like many people using the word spitting figuratively, does not equal the collective spitting of Americans.

Backtrack all you want.
I was getting spit at it. 'bones, it really, really happened, and it really, really happened a lot.

Some people actually spitting, or even many people reportedly spitting, and more like many people using the word spitting figuratively, does not equal the collective spitting of Americans.
The thing is, Val, is that there are no news reports during the Vietnam war that mentioned spitting on Vets. No arrest reports, either.

Not to mention that unless a Vet was in uniform, who the hell would know they were a Vet...and someone else made the point that Vets wouldn't slink away in shame at being spit on. To me, the entire legend strives to make Vets look like a bunch of cowards and that is just unfair and untrue.

Backtrack all you want.

The thing is, Val, is that there are no news reports during the Vietnam war that mentioned spitting on Vets. No arrest reports, either.

Not to mention that unless a Vet was in uniform, who the hell would know they were a Vet...and someone else made the point that Vets wouldn't slink away in shame at being spit on. To me, the entire legend strives to make Vets look like a bunch of cowards and that is just unfair and untrue.

Not only that but the jent IS hiding behind the military with her sanctimonious routine ironically spitting on "the left" and "liberals" (such as yourself, LOL) who BTW have never spit on a vet! :lol:

Not only that but the jent IS hiding behind the military with her sanctimonious routine ironically spitting on "the left" and "liberals" (such as yourself, LOL) who BTW have never spit on a vet! :lol:
My dad is a Vet...nothing at all would compel me to spit on one. Ever.

Obviously my biker friends are right. Hard to believe. That's all. Guess that's what a message board is for, to see other people's opinions and express our own.

I'd say that's happened in this thread.
Jen again I thank you but don't blow a gasket after a long ago strategie set in stone by pantywaiste controllers is trotted out anew. When you ignore them they get almost as violent as a Muslims. Again it was a very bad time in some of our lives. Please drop it now. Thanks___Dan

Jake
The Viet Nam vets I knew would have beat the shit out of anyone who dared spit on them. What was your reaction?[/QUOTE
From my fucking stetcher you moron? Attack the weak and defansless aS you attempt to do to a man who already told you back off . BACK OFF ASSHOLE. He doesnt feel it neccesary to open old wounds for your morbid interst.
Piss off Puke

Last edited:
Backtrack all you want.

Just because you didn't see it happen, read about it in the newspaper, or hear about it from a veteran, that doesn't mean it didn't happen to a veteran. You are using a logical fallacy to try and prove you are right.

Using your burden of proof, the members here should disregard anything you say on this board, until and unless it can be factually verified by the media. And if not, you will have to undergo a polygraph test from an approved FBI agent. If you could scan the results of the test into the computer, as well as providing the name and phone number of the agent so that we could verify your story, that would be appreciated.

Do you see how ridiculous you and some others in this thread are being? Seriously.

Jake
The Viet Nam vets I knew would have beat the shit out of anyone who dared spit on them. What was your reaction?[/QUOTE
From my fucking stetcher you moron? Attack the weak and defansless aS you attempt to do to a man who already told you back off . BACK OFF ASSHOLE. He doesnt feel it neccesary to open old wounds for your morbid interst.
Piss off Puke
The doctors spit on you? :lol:

o now we got people claiming they spit on the wounded....o hell no....you do realize wounded are not left alone...this is just sillie...i was spit on while wounded...they let the left run around and spit on wounded vets....do you even realize how stupid you sound?

o now we got people claiming they spit on the wounded....o hell no....you do realize wounded are not left alone...this is just sillie...i was spit on while wounded...they let the left run around and spit on wounded vets....do you even realize how stupid you sound?
At the military hospital no less! :lol:

jent seems to admit she spit on someone...i doubt that too....but you know ....everyone loves a reformed sinner and it does seems she will do and say anything for attention.....

so why is jent dragging the whole of society into this? cause she is a fucking little whiney bitch who spit on vets and is too ashamed to say she is sorry for just herself...too ashamed to admit that she was the weirdo who did this shit while others were welcoming vets home...i doubt seriously she did anything at anytime....she would piss on herself before she could get the nerve up to spit on anyone.

Forum List

Back