Biden says Vietnam motivated him to stop wars... 60 years after he Dodged the Draft with FIVE Deferments

I had no idea Biden had FIVE deferments to cowardly avoid going to Vietnam. He said he had asthma but all while playing baseball and was a standout halfback and wide receiver playing football. Nevertheless, if he opposed the Vietnam proxy war, why hasn't he called for a peace proposal for Ukraine and Russia?

Chickenhawk Logic 101

"LBJ refused to send any sons of Republicans over there because then we would've won and the Republicans would have been given credit for the victory, not his Democrats."

Biden never had a real job other than a kid's summer lifeguard job but as such he would not have been able to pass the physical for lifeguard if he really had asthma. How did he manage to dodge the draft with an asthma deferment? Plenty of problems in his 80's but no sign of asthma.

I had no idea Biden had FIVE deferments to cowardly avoid going to Vietnam. He said he had asthma but all while playing baseball and was a standout halfback and wide receiver playing football. Nevertheless, if he opposed the Vietnam proxy war, why hasn't he called for a peace proposal for Ukraine and Russia?

What wars did he stop? He’s supported every conflict we have had for 50 years

So then you also admit trump is a coward.

Biden's avoidance of the draft during Vietnam was a minor sin compared to what he tried to do in 1975 just before the war ended. Incredibly, Biden tried to block the use of any funds to pay for evacuating South Vietnamese who had helped us during the war. I quote from George Packer’s article “The Betrayal” from The Atlantic in January 2022:

On April 14, 1975, as North Vietnamese divisions raced toward Saigon, the 32-year-old first-term senator from Delaware was summoned to the White House. President Gerald Ford pleaded with him and other senators for funding to evacuate Vietnamese allies. Biden refused. “I feel put-upon,” he said. He would vote for money to bring out the remaining Americans, but not one dollar for the locals. On April 23, as South Vietnam’s collapse accelerated, Biden repeated the point on the Senate floor. “I do not believe the United States has an obligation, moral or otherwise, to evacuate foreign nationals” other than diplomats, he said. That was the job of private organizations. “The United States has no obligation to evacuate one, or 100,001, South Vietnamese.”

Thankfully, even the majority of Biden's fellow anti-war Senators disagreed with him and authorized a program that allowed 150,000 South Vietnamese to be evacuated from South Vietnam. 150K was not nearly enough, but it was much better than 0.

No kidding or exaggeration: Biden was one of the North Vietnamese Politburo's favorite Senators (their favorite was John Kerry, whom they honored with an exhibit in their war museum).
The Boat People Were Chickenhawks

No South Vietnamese helped us during their country's war; they just tied us down with their worthless civilians and military. They were cowards, crooks, and collaborators. There was a very true statement about their flag, "If it's not red, it's yellow."

Did we make the gutless French army a major part of liberating their country. No, we were just there to get to Germany and destroy the Nazi army along the way. So we should have bypassed the quicksand in the South and invaded the North.

Reminds me of another war for a worthless "country":

"What was the fighting song of the Kuwaiti military?"
"Onward, Christian Soldiers!"

Bone chips Trump agrees!

So then you also admit trump is a coward.

Biden dodged out yet voted to send troops to fight. Ultimate hypocrite. Trump dodged out too but didn't cast a hypocritical vote. If war is such a righteous crusade, how about the senators and congress send their kids first.............then we'll see whats what and only then will we get to see the true essence of such convictions.

People who live in glass Bone Spurs Deferments should not be throwing stones... :auiqs.jpg:

Biden dodged out yet voted to send troops to fight. Ultimate hypocrite. Trump dodged out too but didn't cast a hypocritical vote. If war is such a righteous crusade, how about the senators and congress send their kids first.............then we'll see whats what and only then will we get to see the true essence of such convictions.
Funny thing is..we used to do that. Our best and brightest..the children of our leaders..led the way...until Vietnam~

Biden had 5 deferments

Trump had 5 deferments
Trump gets fried, Biden gets a pass.

Trump's or Biden's? I posted timeline of Trump's above. 5 also.
Sons of Preacher "Men"

Trump had insider knowledge about the hypocrisy of the exempted class. The pro-war sons of influential pro-war fathers all had Daddy get them out of the fighting, so he knew it was all a flag-waving fraud, including the never-to-be-activated "National" Guard and Reserves. This knowledge, as most is, was kept hidden from the excluded American people, who were suckered into having their sons die taking the place of those richkids.

Neither he nor Biden were ever "Chickenhawks." But Bush, Romney, and other fanatical anti-Communists cowards were cetainly hawks preying on the excluded classes' patriotism.

Biden never had a real job other than a kid's summer lifeguard job but as such he would not have been able to pass the physical for lifeguard if he really had asthma. How did he manage to dodge the draft with an asthma deferment? Plenty of problems in his 80's but no sign of asthma.
The French Connection

Lou Boudreau of the Cleveland Indians ("Guardians") got out of the World War Two draft because of "arthritis," then played the physically demanding position of shortstop for about a decade.

Biden should have enlisted in the Air Force or the Navy. The chances of his fighting the Viet Cong with an AR-15 would have been much lower. Plus he might have learned a skill and lot about how the world works.

I found out I was going to be drafted in a month so I enlisted in the Air Force. I served my entire tour stateside in Air Force bases near resort areas. I learned a trade that enabled me to retire just before I hit 60. I am not rich but haven’t had to work a day in the 18 years I have been retired.

In passing, I have only respect and admiration for those who experienced combat in Vietnam. I am just a Vietnam Era vet not a Vietnam vet.

Point of order: Deferments are not dodging the draft. Biden did the same as Trump.

Forum List

Back