Vietnam Era Veterans: Grow The Fuck Up.

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Nobody trashed the homecomings of most if not all of you. There is no need to apologize. Most V-Era vets never saw combat or anything close to it. Sure the war was unpopular. Doesn't mean you weren't supported by many of us back home. Stop insulting us with the pity pot act and move on.

---
btw...
I enlisted in 1973/74
(the process went from december to february)

IF you notice, there isn't a single vet asking for sympathy, if you got issues, don't go after the vets, they've done WAY more than enough

talk about WHINING, what, you can't handle one thread of appreciation? sheesh

It's not the vets that need to grow up, CLEARLY

IF you notice, there isn't a single vet asking for sympathy, if you got issues, don't go after the vets, they've done WAY more than enough

no it is only you asking for sympathy. with pathetic methods.

Nobody trashed the homecomings of most if not all of you. There is no need to apologize. Most V-Era vets never saw combat or anything close to it. Sure the war was unpopular. Doesn't mean you weren't supported by many of us back home. Stop insulting us with the pity pot act and move on.

---
btw...
I enlisted in 1973/74

:disagree:

You really shouldn't say stuff like this. You dont know who is here posting or what they may have or have not gone through.

Some thoughts are better kept to yourself

Nobody trashed the homecomings of most if not all of you. There is no need to apologize. Most V-Era vets never saw combat or anything close to it. Sure the war was unpopular. Doesn't mean you weren't supported by many of us back home. Stop insulting us with the pity pot act and move on
DevNell go Fu*k yourself !!!! :evil:

---
btw...
I enlisted in 1973/74

Thank you for your service.

Not all, certainly not a great minorty, but unfortunately a signficant number of Vietnam viets' homecoming were trashed. That you don't like it means nothing. The events happened, get over it.

Once again, thank you for your service.

No, she is not, but you are whinging (as the Brits would say). Grow up!

Yes, she is. She is über-phony. You will agree with me, if you read her other stuff. But i don't recommend it.

Yes, she is. She is über-phony. You will agree with me, if you read her other stuff. But i don't recommend it.

The evidence supports her, not you ~ end of story. Some nutjob posted the commie Lemcke as a source earlier today for vets supposedly not being spit on coming home from the war. Yes, it did happen.

The evidence supports her, not you ~ end of story. Some nutjob posted the commie Lemcke as a source earlier today for vets supposedly not being spit on coming home from the war. Yes, it did happen.

The sad thing is, there was no evidence presented. And i read the interview on "The Inquisition". What a bad name for this show.The interview was one fucking soft ball. And this Turner dude you brought up to counter this Lemcke dude, totally agenda driven nutcase. No, don't ask me to support my opinion, i am not that interested in this. I want to see evidence of Viet Nam vets being spit on by protesters.

And i saw what you posted elsewhere on other topics, i guess the spitting story is one of your blind spots. That's why i feel comfortable in predicting that you will agree with me sooner or later in my characterization of jent.

The evidence is there in plenty. Read any good history of the war. Your opinion is immaterial, so stand there and whine. Go ahead. Now, pant! Good doggie! You are well trained, are you not?

Now go do some study.

Jake said from the beginning he didn't agree with me politically (probably in many other ways either) but so what? He agrees about this because it's the truth.

Of course it's the truth, JenT. Anybody who studies the evidence, if they don't take our experiences, knows that. And quoting Lemcke and trashing Turner? Wow!

The evidence is there in plenty. Read any good history of the war. Your opinion is immaterial, so stand there and whine. Go ahead. Now, pant! Good doggie! You are well trained, are you not?

Now go do some study.

Sorry for pissing on your carpet. Good thing i did not spit, huh?

I read enough to have a compass of who is a bullshitter and who is not.

One sign of a bullshitter is to tell "the evidence is there but you did not look". Post evidence or shut the fucking fuck up, lol.

This is an internet message board, i don't believe your story just because you tell it. Are you with me? This is NOT evidence.

We have given you evidence, and you won't accept the puddle in which you are standing.

As any good instructor or student would tell you, that's your problem.

We have given you evidence, and you won't accept the puddle in which you are standing.

another sign of the bullshitter is to use the first person plural.

example:

we believe you are full of shit!

no it's a sign of a person that doesn't have a leg to stand because after how many pages you've been proved wrong, so what do you do? Criticize someone saying "we"

(rolling eyes)

btw, you must have had "we" on the brain because your last post as of 20 seconds ago, you wrote on another thread:

we think you are neither wicked nor a jester, and that you are late for your intro. so WE tell you to fuck off.

another sign of the bullshitter is to use the first person plural.

example:

we believe you are full of shit!

no it's a sign of a person that doesn't have a leg to stand because after how many pages you've been proved wrong, so what do you do? Criticize someone saying "we"

(rolling eyes)

btw, you must have had "we" on the brain because your last post as of 20 seconds ago, you wrote on another thread:

we think you are neither wicked nor a jester, and that you are late for your intro. so WE tell you to fuck off.

wow, you've shown signs of intelligence, why do you think i did answer to the "wicked jester" the way i did. check the timeline. other than you, i have the ability to read my posts critically.

now is your time to shine, st. jennifer. where was i proved wrong. link it, post the pics, or have you already destroyed all evidence because you find it that horrible. a propos, you are horrible.

Pity? Get over it?

Vets were spit on and called baby killers.

They were serving this country.

The Urban Institute, in conjunction with the 1996 National Survey of Homeless Assistance Providers and Clients (NSHAPC), expressed the following:

2.3 million to 3.5 million people experience homelessness in America each year. By taking 23 percent of that range, that would indicate there are between 529,000 and 840,000 veterans who are homeless at some point during the year.

However, the VA estimates that 131,000 veterans are homeless on any given night. And approximately twice that many experience homelessness over the course of a year.

The VA also estimates that 47% of those served IN Vietnam.

To say those things about the American Military and those that served this country in good faith is a disgrace. You people should be ashamed of yourselves, buy you probably don't know why. I can't explain it to you, but you have my pity.

Forum List

Back