For those who want to keep labelling the Tea Party movement racist...

Find me one group of people, just one, that doesn't have a racist as a member and maybe, just maybe, this thread will be relevant...

My point exactly.

AT every ballpark at everty game in every sport, there are fans that toss beer on the fans below.

So should we assume that if one goes to the ballpark, they are likely to be beer tossers?

I am curious...why isnt anyone asking the Screen Actors Guild to make an announcement that they are not a racist organization seeing as Mel Gibson is a memeber and a racist?

Find me one group of people, just one, that doesn't have a racist as a member and maybe, just maybe, this thread will be relevant...

After reading the above I find myself wondering how many here actually read the OP.

They are not leaders. They are organizers without a central "station". They are simply normal people with a vision that start a ralley.

The speakers are invited speakers and guests of the organizers.

Neither the organizers nor the guests have the right to present themselves as a spokesman.
I've organized events before. The organizers can certainly weed out people that carry racist signs. The speakers can tell them to buzz off if they see them.

Keep pretending they can't.

If there are no leaders there are no events.

This no leader thing, imo, is bullshit...and a convenient excuse to not boot out the racists.

Whoa....wait a minute!

There have been many that have been asked to leave. No one has ever denied that.

But now you want them to publicly denounce it.

But now you are back to simply "asking them to leave" when presented with the fact5 that there is no one to publicly denounce them.

Give it a rest. Take your fucking race card bullshit and use it on a group of racists...not on a group that has just as few racists in it as EVERY group of people.

No, no, no, stay with the facts. There were those who ran away from the Democratic party because of civil rights for the black man. They ran into the open arms of the GOP and they helped form a winning strategy for the GOP in former blue collar areas that Dems had carried.

With appeals to racism down south, later to be brought up north during busing and integration, the GOP had a winning strategy. It was called the Southern Strategy and it was a strategy of appealing to people's racial fears and prejudice.

I see a bit of irony in the standards being applied to Tea Party members.

In the bad old days of Real Racism, anyone with a speck of non-caucasian blood was considered not white. There were even specific terms for the degree of non-white blood (i.e., quadroon, octoroon).

And now we see the same standards applied to the Tea Party movement itself. One or two random people with racist signs somehow "taint" the entire movement, much the way an great great grandma of African ancestry was used to label "non-pure" individuals.

What a wonderful celebration of diversity and tolerance on parade!

Yeah yeah.....I know, I know.

And exactly how many southern democrats voted for the Civil Rights Act?

Give it a rest.

Those southern Democrats left the
Democratic party because their racism would not allow them to stay with the Democrats. They could not or would not do what Byrd did, apologize and move on. The Southern Democrats were welcomed into the open arms of a waiting GOP. It was when the GOP formed it's southern strategy.

It was all about the Southerners.

You do know where this is leading, don't you?

:lol:

Like I said...give it a rest.
There are racists in every group of people.
It is not a poarty thing. It is an individual's upbringing.

The Chairman of the GOP disagrees with you and he made a public apology -- on behalf of the party.

They are not leaders. They are organizers without a central "station". They are simply normal people with a vision that start a ralley.

The speakers are invited speakers and guests of the organizers.

Neither the organizers nor the guests have the right to present themselves as a spokesman.
I've organized events before. The organizers can certainly weed out people that carry racist signs. The speakers can tell them to buzz off if they see them.

This no leader thing, imo, is bullshit...and a convenient excuse to not boot out the racists.

Whoa....wait a minute!

There have been many that have been asked to leave. No one has ever denied that.

But now you are back to simply "asking them to leave" when presented with the fact5 that there is no one to publicly denounce them.

Give it a rest. Take your fucking race card bullshit and use it on a group of racists...not on a group that has just as few racists in it as EVERY group of people.
As I said above, I don't care if they are denounced or not...I was merely commenting that this is what has been said by people and not that the tea party is racist.

Nice twisting of my words, dork.

Whoa....wait a minute!

No, no, no, stay with the facts. There were those who ran away from the Democratic party because of civil rights for the black man. They ran into the open arms of the GOP and they helped form a winning strategy for the GOP in former blue collar areas that Dems had carried.

With appeals to racism down south, later to be brought up north during busing and integration, the GOP had a winning strategy. It was called the Southern Strategy and it was a strategy of appealing to people's racial fears and prejudice.

Racism was never just a southern thing. That was the myth on TV and eastern liberal media.
Racism knows no borders or boundaries.

True enough...which is why I have to laugh that people are melting down at the revelation that some tea party members are racist. Who cares? Obviously, those melting down do...

People are joking about the perception of a NAAWP and the certainty that such as group would be viewed as racist, but the NAACP operates openly without such criticism.

The very fact that people have this perception does indeed PROVE the point that many/most people in society ARE racist. What is so preposterous about an organization for promoting the interest of white people? During this past generation when there have been set-asides, quotas, etc for minorities, what is so outrageous about a group to protect the interests of white people? Further within the next generation, white people will become a minority compared to non-whites in this country.

Finally before I am labeled a racist for saying this, I am a minority myself.....

Such is why I get so frustrated when I hear democratic party memebers and supporters refer to the GOP party and supporters as racist in nature.

A party that purposely separates black from white as it pertains to their initiatives and "reasons" for initiatives calls the party that simply wants legislation that benefits all people equally as racists.
It isn't only Democrats and their supporters who have called the GOP racist.
Jar, the former head of the GOP, while in office as head of the GOP, publicly apologized for the GOPs Southern Strategy.

RNC Chief to Say It Was 'Wrong' to Exploit Racial Conflict for Votes

Ken Mehlman, the Republican National Committee chairman -"I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

this CANNOT be repeated too many times.

we get more of what that article in the news pointed to about studying voters beliefs. the more evidence presented that shows their beliefs to be in error, the more they believe in their wrong headed beliefs.

Whoa....wait a minute!

Racism was never just a southern thing. That was the myth on TV and eastern liberal media.
Racism knows no borders or boundaries.

The GOP appealed to northern racists using their well documented Southern strategy. Wasn't busing a great thing for GOP racists?

The Chairman of the GOP apologized for the racist Southern strategy of the GOP. After he left...it's back to basics and a winning strategy. ergo, the Tea Party.

SO I guess you see it as OK to continue teasing a group of people that inadvertantly referred to themselves a term that people like you opted to spin and make fun of...and when they realized it and asked people to stop, it is OK that you continue.

Well, us anti-Iraq war protesters were called traitors, surrender monkeys, troop haters etc. Did you guys stop calling us that... even when it turned out we were right? No, you didn't.

Plus, of all the things they could have called themselves... I'm sorry, but teabagger is just hilarious. You can't help but laugh because they all "the tea whatervers" seem so unintelligent to begin with. Sorry, but they do.

Last edited:

Whoa....wait a minute!

As I said above, I don't care if they are denounced or not...I was merely commenting that this is what has been said by people and not that the tea party is racist.

Unintentional twisting of words. I was debating several at once. I apologize.

As for the dork comment. If that makes you feel good, go for it. I will not stoopto that level. I respect your views although I do not always agree with them.

SO I guess you see it as OK to continue teasing a group of people that inadvertantly referred to themselves a term that people like you opted to spin and make fun of...and when they realized it and asked people to stop, it is OK that you continue.

Well, us anti-Iraq war protesters were called traitors, surrender monkeys, troop haters etc. Did you guys stop calling us that... even when it turned out we were right? No, you didn't.

Us guys?

I supported Cindy Sheehan. I did not agee with ther but I admired her convictons and gt in the ace of anyone who made fun of her.

Nope. Never calld any war protester a name.

Well, yes I did. I recall referring to them as hippies back in the 60's. But I was a kid.

After reading the above I find myself wondering how many here actually read the OP.

I read the OP, and perhaps my post mssed it's mark. The OP itself is not necessarily irrelevant. The ensuing discussion, on the other hand...

jarhead, stop being so sensitive. no one is calling you a racist. stop defending racists because they happen to be friends.

I have racist friends too. no big deal.

Really? That's one of two things I don't cotton to in my friendships. Hell, I won't even associate with relatives who are bigots.

jarhead, stop being so sensitive. no one is calling you a racist. stop defending racists because they happen to be friends.

I have racist friends too. no big deal.

I am not concerned about anyone calling me a racist.

It bothers me that peope use the race card to diminish the credibility of those they do not agree with.

Heck, the Obama camp used it on Bill Clinton and that pissed me off.

Fox News is implying the NBPP is a racist organizatn becuase of the recorded words of one man. THAT, too, pisses me off.

I may have friends that are racists, but they are smart enough to not let me know it.

Last edited:
Whoa....wait a minute!

Unintentional twisting of words. I was debating several at once. I apologize.

As for the dork comment. If that makes you feel good, go for it. I will not stoopto that level. I respect your views although I do not always agree with them.
If you don't want to be called a dork then don't say things like take your fucking racist card :lol:

Forum List

Back