For Liberals: What conservative policy do you support?

Rikurzhen

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2014
Anyone in the mood for a little thought experiment? If you were designing a new country and it's government policies AND YOU'RE A LIBERAL what conservative policy would you throw into the mix because it made sense to you?

If your answer involves specific conditions, please share what those conditions are.

Define "Conservative Policy".

Please.

:popcorn:

Totally up to you. This is clean debate.

What I had in mind was something like this: If you're a liberal and you look out into the political universe, what policy do you see that most conservatives favor that you also think makes sense but you don't see much support in liberal-land.

If you can find 'Conservative Policy' in a system of fair and simple taxes, public budgets that are balanced by law, transparency in all things politics and generous public spending on education and infrastructure, count me in, Brother!

If you can find 'Conservative Policy' in a system of fair and simple taxes, public budgets that are balanced by law, transparency in all things politics and generous public spending on education and infrastructure, count me in, Brother!

Do you think that this could be brought about in the US or do you really need a blank slate society where there are no legacy issues to contend with?

Please.

What I had in mind was something like this: If you're a liberal and you look out into the political universe, what policy do you see that most conservatives favor that you also think makes sense but you don't see much support in liberal-land.

Conservative is as Liberal does out there Mr. R., and I'm not really an extremist, so putting things in terms of white and black and blue and red is difficult for me.

I favor reasonable over right or left.

Tell you what... you suggest a favorite conservative policy of yours, and I'll let you know if I think it's reasonable.

Do you think that this could be brought about in the US or do you really need a blank slate society where there are no legacy issues to contend with?

The Constitution is truly an amazing document. Even if the Monkeys who wrote it couldn't afford to live by it. Well, not and maintain the standards they'd become accustomed to.

As more and more minorities use its definition of 'all' to claim their rightful piece of the American Pie, we take baby steps toward a reasonably fair system.

Time.

Time and variety.

Please.

Conservative is as Liberal does out there Mr. R., and I'm not really an extremist, so putting things in terms of white and black and blue and red is difficult for me.

Tell you what... you suggest a favorite conservative policy of yours, and I'll let you know if I think it's reasonable.

Equal treatment for individuals under the law even if it results in measurable unequal outcomes for different groups.

Equal treatment for individuals under the law even if it results in measurable unequal outcomes for different groups.

Equal treatment under the law doesn't just apply to the criminal justice system.

Ass-u-me-ing equal treatment means equal spending on education and infrastructure, I have faith in an 'equal' America.

Please.

when I looked al Pauls ryan plans that he passed in the house, I couldn't see one thing that he wanted to pass... the problem that I see is republican, or conservitive policys don't suport anything that I believe... If paul ryans plan is a Idea of conservative values, I really can't tell you what they have is anything I would support... what you need to do is give us liberals here a policy a bill or a Idea that we can say yes, I would go for that, or no I wouldn't ... then tell you why...

The Constitution is truly an amazing document. Even if the Monkeys who wrote it couldn't afford to live by it. Well, not and maintain the standards they'd become accustomed to.

As more and more minorities use its definition of 'all' to claim their rightful piece of the American Pie, we take baby steps toward a reasonably fair system.

Time.

Time and variety.

the problem that I see conservatives have with the constitution is they are under this notion that the majority rules ... they forget that is the constitution that rules and not the majority ... the seem to over look that thought all the time ... so I would say conservatives Idea of forcing a woman to do what they choose and not what the woman themselves choose to do... is one thing that I could never accept as a conservative way of thinking...

Cap and trade.
Bush's immigration proposal (Path to citizenship).
Infrastructure spending. (Back when Conservatives were pushing for it).
Some of the agricultural subsidies.
Individual Mandate (Better than nothing).
Strong Spending Accountability. (Not really conservative, but they run on it).

Time.

Time and variety.

the problem that I see conservatives have with the constitution is they are under this notion that the majority rules ... they forget that is the constitution that rules and not the majority ... the seem to over look that thought all the time ... so I would say conservatives Idea of forcing a woman to do what they choose and not what the woman themselves choose to do... is one thing that I could never accept as a conservative way of thinking...

Conservatives?

Conservatives are actually under the notion that "Conservatives rule". They don't like the vote. They would rather dispense with it or at least have a very high bar as to who can vote. They make no bones about this.

The beauty of The United States Constitution is that it doesn't define who it applies to, and it's design is to protect minority thinking, not persecute it.

The last ditch effort of the controlling class to stifle the true power of this amazing document is the complicated, bureaucratic, corrupt Military Industrial Complex that we are watching burn out on the evening news.

Baby steps to the Stars! :thup:

Time.

Time and variety.

Conservatives?

Conservatives are actually under the notion that "Conservatives rule". They don't like the vote. They would rather dispense with it or at least have a very high bar as to who can vote. They make no bones about this.

Conservatives are actually under the notion that everything they do is correct ... they can do no wrong ...

conservative can dissagree with the person running for office 100% of what that conservitive is pushing and if a liberal who is running against that conservitive, and they belive 99% of what the liberals is for if they sai the support pro choice they will vote for that republican...

Anyone in the mood for a little thought experiment? If you were designing a new country and it's government policies AND YOU'RE A LIBERAL what conservative policy would you throw into the mix because it made sense to you?

If your answer involves specific conditions, please share what those conditions are.

Democrats should be strong on 2nd amendment rights like some republicans and tea baggers are. If chucky schumer and feinstein don't like it, let them move to to another country, maybe England.

Please.

The problem is that when a sensible conservative position arises, as soon as there is any bipartisan agreement on it, a large part of the right labels it a sell-out and it is no longer "conservative". Examples:

1. Earned income tax credit.
2. Cap-and-trade pollution control.
3. Romney-care.
4. McCain style campaign finance reform.
5. McCain/Rubio style immigration reform.
6. Reagan endorsed gun control.

In fact, I would be hard put to find any bipartisan measure that the "conservatives" would accept even if they first proposed it. Can you name one?

Forum List

Back