Did Chat GPT Get this Right about Biden's Border Policy?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
This could be in Media, also, if someone objects to it being here.

Here is my question to Chat GPT, and its answer:

What Changes did President Biden make to the assylum system?

ChatGPT
As of my last update in January 2022, President Biden made several changes to the asylum system in the United States. Some of these changes include:

1. Reversal of Trump-era Policies: President Biden reversed several policies implemented by the Trump administration that restricted asylum access and eligibility, such as the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP), also known as the "Remain in Mexico" policy. This policy required asylum seekers to wait in Mexico while their claims were processed in the United States.
  2. Expansion of Eligibility: The Biden administration broadened eligibility criteria for asylum seekers, including those fleeing domestic or gang violence. This move aimed to provide protection to a wider range of individuals facing persecution or danger in their home countries.
  3. Streamlining Processing: Efforts were made to streamline the asylum processing system, reducing backlogs and delays. This included increasing the number of immigration judges and asylum officers to handle cases more efficiently.
  4. Family Reunification: The administration worked to reunite families separated at the U.S.-Mexico border under the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy. This involved establishing a task force dedicated to locating and reuniting separated families.
  5. Restoration of Asylum Seeker Benefits: President Biden restored access to benefits for asylum seekers, such as work permits and access to healthcare, which were restricted under certain Trump-era policies.
  6. End to Title 42 Expulsions for Unaccompanied Minors: President Biden announced an end to using Title 42 public health authority to expel unaccompanied minors from the United States. However, Title 42 expulsions continued for single adults and some families due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19.
Please note that developments in immigration policy can evolve rapidly, so it's essential to consult the latest sources for the most up-to-date information on asylum policies under the Biden administration.

Google Bard (now known as "Gemini") refused to answer this, saying only that elections are complicated and I should ask Google.

As far as I can tell, those descriptions of the Biden Administration's changes to assylum are accurate. They are also not particularly egregious. They would be expected from a newly elected Democrat who unseated a border hawk Republican. I disagree with those changes, but keeping in mind that was as of January 22, they were not over-the-top, IMHO.

Before I comment further, does anyone have a reason to dispute that description?

ChatGPT
As of my last update in January 2022, President Biden made several changes to the asylum system in the United States. Some of these changes include:

1. Reversal of Trump-era Policies: President Biden reversed several policies implemented by the Trump administration that restricted asylum access and eligibility, such as the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP), also known as the "Remain in Mexico" policy. This policy required asylum seekers to wait in Mexico while their claims were processed in the United States.
  2. Expansion of Eligibility: The Biden administration broadened eligibility criteria for asylum seekers, including those fleeing domestic or gang violence. This move aimed to provide protection to a wider range of individuals facing persecution or danger in their home countries.
  3. Streamlining Processing: Efforts were made to streamline the asylum processing system, reducing backlogs and delays. This included increasing the number of immigration judges and asylum officers to handle cases more efficiently.
  4. Family Reunification: The administration worked to reunite families separated at the U.S.-Mexico border under the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy. This involved establishing a task force dedicated to locating and reuniting separated families.
  5. Restoration of Asylum Seeker Benefits: President Biden restored access to benefits for asylum seekers, such as work permits and access to healthcare, which were restricted under certain Trump-era policies.
  6. End to Title 42 Expulsions for Unaccompanied Minors: President Biden announced an end to using Title 42 public health authority to expel unaccompanied minors from the United States. However, Title 42 expulsions continued for single adults and some families due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19.
Please note that developments in immigration policy can evolve rapidly, so it's essential to consult the latest sources for the most up-to-date information on asylum policies under the Biden administration.

Google Bard (now known as "Gemini") refused to answer this, saying only that elections are complicated and I should ask Google.

As far as I can tell, those descriptions of the Biden Administration's changes to assylum are accurate. They are also not particularly egregious. They would be expected from a newly elected Democrat who unseated a border hawk Republican. I disagree with those changes, but keeping in mind that was as of January 22, they were not over-the-top, IMHO.

Before I comment further, does anyone have a reason to dispute that description?
There have been a lot more changes that are missing.

ChatGPT

Just a comment. They were WAY over the Top.

Forum List

Back