flu shots?

will you take the regular flu shot....

will you take the swine flu shot....

will you give this shot to your kids....

why or why not.

I don't get flu shots, because I have an extremely good immune system, and very rarely get sick. When I do, it's very mild and over quickly. My 13-year-old, because he is homeschooled and therefore isn't in the line of every germ that comes down the pike, usually doesn't get flu shots. The baby, however, will be getting flu shots because influenza can be very dangerous to infants.

I've already had the flu this season, but I'm ineligible for any type of flu shot or vaccinations.

For the first time ever my kids will probably get flu shots. We've had several reports of swine flu locally, so it's probably for the best.

Planning to get both. Don't really feel I need it, but I'm around people who are high-risk and I don't want to risk getting sick and spreading it to them.

I had the season flu shot during our winter (spring now). I will be getting the H1N1 flu shot. No children but if I did they would be first in line before me and my wife for the H1N1 shots.

This isn't about ideology or profits, it's a basic health issue. Xotoxi is the medic and I'm not trying to be something I'm not but I do know how we get the influenza virus and I do know how (layperson level of knowledge) how it operates on us and I do know that both seasonal flu and H1N1 can be fatal, both to those with co-morbidities and those without. That's why I'll get vaccinated.
What all is actually IN those shots? Really, do you know? No.

They have a freaking MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) on water. Food companies have to list their ingredients in every product. Where's the list for these vaccines? Do they tell you EVERYTHING that's in them?

I don't trust the sons of bitches.

H1N1 can be fatal? No shit, so can the "regular" flu! H1N1 is merely a different strain of the influenza virus! It's not some NEW thing. In fact it's the most common cause of influenza in humans!

Read up:

Influenza A virus subtype H1N1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paranoia will destroya. We are a society conditioned to live in fear.

I had the season flu shot during our winter (spring now). I will be getting the H1N1 flu shot. No children but if I did they would be first in line before me and my wife for the H1N1 shots.

This isn't about ideology or profits, it's a basic health issue. Xotoxi is the medic and I'm not trying to be something I'm not but I do know how we get the influenza virus and I do know how (layperson level of knowledge) how it operates on us and I do know that both seasonal flu and H1N1 can be fatal, both to those with co-morbidities and those without. That's why I'll get vaccinated.

They have a freaking MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) on water. Food companies have to list their ingredients in every product. Where's the list for these vaccines? Do they tell you EVERYTHING that's in them?

H1N1 can be fatal? No shit, so can the "regular" flu! H1N1 is merely a different strain of the influenza virus! It's not some NEW thing. In fact it's the most common cause of influenza in humans!

Read up:

Influenza A. Been around since before human life apparently. First clinical case notes of the disease in humans made by Hippocrates so the claim goes. Very simple form of life although it doesn't "live" in the accepted sense of the word. But it reproduces like billy-o. Kills people. The worst version was Spanish Flu, killed lots of people. Mutates, which is why we have seasonal flu. I'll get the vaccine for H1N1 as it's available now. I'm not looking forward to our next flu season, especially since H1N1 is toddling around the world and when it comes south for winter it may well be a darn sight more dangerous than it is already. I'll be hoping H1N1 hasn't mutated further or mixed up with something like H5N1.

Read up:

Influenza A. Been around since before human life apparently. First clinical case notes of the disease in humans made by Hippocrates so the claim goes. Very simple form of life although it doesn't "live" in the accepted sense of the word. But it reproduces like billy-o. Kills people. The worst version was Spanish Flu, killed lots of people. Mutates, which is why we have seasonal flu. I'll get the vaccine for H1N1 as it's available now. I'm not looking forward to our next flu season, especially since H1N1 is toddling around the world and when it comes south for winter it may well be a darn sight more dangerous than it is already. I'll be hoping H1N1 hasn't mutated further or mixed up with something like H5N1.
What's in the vaccine? Do you know?

No.

Then why the fuck you wanna let them inject you with it? Fear?

Read up:

No.

I have no fear that's why I'll front up for the vaccine :D

CDC - Seasonal Influenza (Flu) - Key Facts About Seasonal Flu Vaccine

"There are two types of vaccines:

The "flu shot" — an inactivated vaccine (containing killed virus) that is given with a needle, usually in the arm. The flu shot is approved for use in people older than 6 months, including healthy people and people with chronic medical conditions.
The nasal-spray flu vaccine — a vaccine made with live, weakened flu viruses that do not cause the flu (sometimes called LAIV for "live attenuated influenza vaccine" or FluMist®). LAIV (FluMist®) is approved for use in healthy* people 2-49 years of age who are not pregnant.
Each seasonal influenza vaccine contains three influenza viruses-one A (H3N2) virus, one regular seasonal A (H1N1) virus (not the 2009 H1N1 virus), and one B virus. The viruses in the vaccine change each year based on international surveillance and scientists' estimations about which types and strains of viruses will circulate in a given year. About 2 weeks after vaccination, antibodies that provide protection against influenza virus infection develop in the body."

No.

:lol::lol::lol:

You have fear of getting the flu and dying that's why you'll spend your hard-earned money to let them inject you with who the fuck knows what!

Tell ya what, when you get your shot ask for a complete list of all the ingredients in the vaccine, then record like a picture in your mind, the dumb looks you'll get instead!

MM, vaccinations are the reason our children are no longer killed and crippled by polio, why we don't all get smallpox regularly, and children no longer die of measles, mumps, diptheria and whooping cough.

Medications don't have MSDS's. They have package inserts.

Here is the package insert for Fluvirin 2009-2010 vaccination:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/ucm123694.pdf

FLUVIRIN®, a sterile suspension for intramuscular injection, is supplied in two presentations:​
  1. Prefilled syringe, 0.5-mL. Thimerosal, a mercury derivative used during manufacture, is removed by subsequent purification steps to a trace amount ([FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]≤ [/FONT][/FONT]1 mcg mercury per 0.5-mL dose). (3, 11)
  2. Multidose vial, 5-mL. Contains thimerosal, a mercury derivative (25 mcg mercury per 0.5-mL dose). Thimerosal is added as a preservative. (3,11)
Each 0.5-mL dose contains 15 micrograms (mcg) of influenza virus hemagglutinin (HA) from each of the following 3 viruses: A/Brisbane/59/2007, IVR-148 (H1N1); A/Uruguay/716/2007, NYMC X-175C (H3N2) (an A/Brisbane/10/2007-like virus); and B/Brisbane/60/2008. (3, 11)

No.

:lol::lol::lol:

You have fear of getting the flu and dying that's why you'll spend your hard-earned money to let them inject you with who the fuck knows what!

Tell ya what, when you get your shot ask for a complete list of all the ingredients in the vaccine, then record like a picture in your mind, the dumb looks you'll get instead!

I do have a fear of getting H1N1. That's why I've taken physical precautions during this flu season to try to avoid it. So far so good. I know it's a mild disease so far. But as I said, it's the mutation possibilities that I've considered.

I don't have to pay for the vaccine, I may have to pay the doc for injecting me with it though. It's been cleared by the various authorities here and the ingredients will mean nothing to a chemistry/science etc failure like me. Anyway I trust that the vaccine has been properly and safely produced.

MM, vaccinations are the reason our children are no longer killed and crippled by polio, why we don't all get smallpox regularly, and children no longer die of measles, mumps, diptheria and whooping cough.
I am aware of that. And as I stated earlier, as soon as I was old enough to have a choice, I STOPPED taking ANY vaccines.

I simply don't go for the alarmist bullshit. Like my dad used to say, "Soon they'll tell ya not to even hide under the bed, because LINT causes cancer!"

And he was right! They DID come out and say that very thing 20 years later!

FUCK all the health scare shit!

Look, all the celebrities who have died in the last nine months -- what did the ALL have in common besides being celebrities?

They ALL had the very BEST health care money could buy! They still DIED because it was their TIME to die and no potions, pills, doctors, or any of that shit matters at ALL when it's your time!

Why fucking live in FEAR? Just LIVE!

Medications don't have MSDS's. They have package inserts.

Here is the package insert for Fluvirin 2009-2010 vaccination:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/ucm123694.pdf

FLUVIRIN®, a sterile suspension for intramuscular injection, is supplied in two presentations:​

1. Prefilled syringe, 0.5-mL. Thimerosal, a mercury derivative used during manufacture, is removed by subsequent purification steps to a trace amount ([FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]≤ [/FONT][/FONT]1 mcg mercury per 0.5-mL dose). (3, 11)
  2. Multidose vial, 5-mL. Contains thimerosal, a mercury derivative (25 mcg mercury per 0.5-mL dose). Thimerosal is added as a preservative. (3,11)
Each 0.5-mL dose contains 15 micrograms (mcg) of influenza virus hemagglutinin (HA) from each of the following 3 viruses: A/Brisbane/59/2007, IVR-148 (H1N1); A/Uruguay/716/2007, NYMC X-175C (H3N2) (an A/Brisbane/10/2007-like virus); and B/Brisbane/60/2008. (3, 11)
Yeah like, it really tells ya what all's in it!:lol::lol::lol:

I am aware of that. And as I stated earlier, as soon as I was old enough to have a choice, I STOPPED taking ANY vaccines.

I simply don't go for the alarmist bullshit. Like my dad used to say, "Soon they'll tell ya not to even hide under the bed, because LINT causes cancer!"

And he was right! They DID come out and say that very thing 20 years later!

FUCK all the health scare shit!

Look, all the celebrities who have died in the last nine months -- what did the ALL have in common besides being celebrities?

They ALL had the very BEST health care money could buy! They still DIED because it was their TIME to die and no potions, pills, doctors, or any of that shit matters at ALL when it's your time!

Why fucking live in FEAR? Just LIVE!

Fear isn't a maladaptive behaviour. It's there for a reason ;)

I do have a fear of getting H1N1.
Do you have a fear of 5 gallon buckets? Those kill more people every year than H1N1. Do you have a fear of driving? Car crashes kill lots and lots more than H1N1.

C'mon!

Klingon Commander Akhil: How many things are there to fear?
Klingon Captain Krenn: I don't know, that's what scares me.
And Akhil took it as the joke it was intended.

I went to a conference at the end of August where updates on Seasonal and novel H1N1 were presented.

The current mortality rate for novel H1N1 is around 0.15%...which is nearly the same as the death rate from the seasonal flu. However there are some aspects that are different, such as the age group that is dying (younger people).

In fact, when the novel H1N1 vaccine comes out it will not even be given to folks over the age of 65, at least initially. The theory as to why they have not been as severely infected as the younger people is that they were likely exposed to and developed antibodies to the H1N1 Asian flu in 1957, which has similar characteristics to the novel H1N1 today.

They don't even record the incidence of it unless ppl go to the hospital. The clinics are no longer tracking it, testing for it or even treating it any different than regular run-of-the-mill flu.

However, when someone dies from it, it kills them suddenly and without warning. It doesn't lead to pnemonia and gradual weakening. The kids have a headache one day, and they're dead the next. The incubation period is also incredibly short.

Last edited:
ugh so much ignorance in this thread

The flu shot today uses completely dead materials. You CANNOT get the flu from the flu shot today. This was not always the case, so please spare me the news articles from decades ago. You can still get a rare form of the flu if it isn't the version you were immunized against.

however a group of doctors and scientists recently established a link between thimerosal presence in vaccines and autism.
That myth has been debunked and disproven time and time again. There is NO (zero) correlation between any vaccination on the market today and autism. None. Several prospective double blinded studies have shown this. Individual soccer moms looking for someone to blame for their child's health problems are not scientific proof.

Therefore, the placebo effect is a myth? It's not, it's scientifically proven.

If you believe in the placebo effect, you also have to believe it works in the reverse, and it does.

Now, the placebo effect isn't 100% Nothing is. But instead of teaching kids to live in fear of disease, sickness, etc they should be teaching internal wellness.

Your mind DOES have the power to heal, and the power to ward off illness.
And the power to FLY! You misinterpret how the placebo effect works. Good mental health *does* correlate with good physical health, but you cannot use your mind to cure yourself of something. Your mind doesn't magically make the cancer/heart attack/virus go away magically. HIV patients can definitely tell you that. You can optimize your immune system by giving it the resources it needs and removing things that dampen it such as stress, but it's not a magical telepathic medical machine.

No. When I get the flu I may be bed ridden for a whole 8 hours, other than that I usually don't even notice it ... why? Because I let myself get sick enough that symptoms are often unnoticeable. I don't even notice colds anymore.
Which means you didn't have the flu. When people usually say "oh I have the flu for a day", they usually didn't have it. You probably had a small cold... which is funny cuz in that same post you mentioned how you don't notice colds. btw, how do you know you have a cold if you don't notice it?

Also, keep in mind: Even if you do not mind getting sick, you remain a public health risk to others.

I do better with Vitamins and Medicinal Herbs.
Better than.... what? or who? Do you have a twin brother who maintains his health with allopathic medicine? Have you done a controlled trial with... yourself? Vitamins are good and recommended, no doubt, but you should reconsider that "better" idea.

No.

What's in the "cream" of an Oreo? Do you know? Why do they even CALL it "cream"? that doesn't even make sense! yet you eat them. yeah ya do, I can tell.

btw, as someone else pointed out, we know exactly what is in every FDA approved drug. thanks for playing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back