flu shots?

They have a freaking MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) on water. Food companies have to list their ingredients in every product. Where's the list for these vaccines? Do they tell you EVERYTHING that's in them?

Medications don't have MSDS's. They have package inserts.

Here is the package insert for Fluvirin 2009-2010 vaccination:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/ucm123694.pdf

FLUVIRIN®, a sterile suspension for intramuscular injection, is supplied in two presentations:​

1. Prefilled syringe, 0.5-mL. Thimerosal, a mercury derivative used during manufacture, is removed by subsequent purification steps to a trace amount ([FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]≤ [/FONT][/FONT]1 mcg mercury per 0.5-mL dose). (3, 11)
  2. Multidose vial, 5-mL. Contains thimerosal, a mercury derivative (25 mcg mercury per 0.5-mL dose). Thimerosal is added as a preservative. (3,11)
Each 0.5-mL dose contains 15 micrograms (mcg) of influenza virus hemagglutinin (HA) from each of the following 3 viruses: A/Brisbane/59/2007, IVR-148 (H1N1); A/Uruguay/716/2007, NYMC X-175C (H3N2) (an A/Brisbane/10/2007-like virus); and B/Brisbane/60/2008. (3, 11)
Yeah like, it really tells ya what all's in it!:lol::lol::lol:

It doesn't?

What did you expect it to say?

"Water, high fructose corn syrup, artificial and natural flavorings, yellow no. 5. May contain peanuts."

that reminds me.

to the people who claim flu shots are only around to make doctors money and really aren't affective:
1) if you're smart, you can get it for free
2) doctors don't really profit from the flu shot
3) why do you think doctors all get their kids/family immunized?

I had the season flu shot during our winter (spring now). I will be getting the H1N1 flu shot. No children but if I did they would be first in line before me and my wife for the H1N1 shots.

This isn't about ideology or profits, it's a basic health issue. Xotoxi is the medic and I'm not trying to be something I'm not but I do know how we get the influenza virus and I do know how (layperson level of knowledge) how it operates on us and I do know that both seasonal flu and H1N1 can be fatal, both to those with co-morbidities and those without. That's why I'll get vaccinated.
What all is actually IN those shots? Really, do you know? No.

They have a freaking MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) on water. Food companies have to list their ingredients in every product. Where's the list for these vaccines? Do they tell you EVERYTHING that's in them?

I don't trust the sons of bitches.

H1N1 can be fatal? No shit, so can the "regular" flu! H1N1 is merely a different strain of the influenza virus! It's not some NEW thing. In fact it's the most common cause of influenza in humans!

Read up:

Influenza A virus subtype H1N1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Paranoia will destroya. We are a society conditioned to live in fear.

To add to the stupidity, we've had an "outbreak" of the swine flu, a long time ago, the doctors are just able to get some people scared of it this time so they can force people to pay more, and try to force them to get the shots so they make even more money, them and the pharm companies. Again, regulation will be abused even more. The last time we had this one in the US it was just a hiccup, now all of a sudden it's "the end of the world"!

that reminds me.

to the people who claim flu shots are only around to make doctors money and really aren't affective:
1) if you're smart, you can get it for free
2) doctors don't really profit from the flu shot
3) why do you think doctors all get their kids/family immunized?

Um ... yes they do profit, them and the manufacturers make a load of money. Those who get it for "free" are paid for by taxes.

kittenkoder - you seem insistent that doctors profit greatly - do you have ANY evidence to support this whatsoever?

I've got an idea KK...why don't you focus on computers, and operating systems, and animations...and stay away from topics about which you have no fucking clue and are basing all of your opinions on wild guesses and suppositions.

Because you end up looking like an idiot.

Just a friendly suggestion. :eusa_angel:

nothing kitten? my, you seemed so outspoken just a moment ago...

here's a CDC overview of price to doctors from the manufacturers per dose:
CDC - Influenza (Flu) | Flu Season 2005-2006 - Influenza Vaccine Bulletin #3
Prices range from $11-25.

How much do you get charged for your flu shot? $15 to $20? Maybe less? Costco pharmacy, for example, just tries to break even each year.

Back what you say or don't bother saying it.

What difference does it make whether doctors make a profit off of giving vaccinations? How does that automatically translate into "vaccinations are no good"? Doctors make a profit off of setting broken bones and performing heart surgery, too.

Yeah, doctors make money off of the office visit if you go in to get vaccinations, same as they do off of any office visit. However, you can get any vaccination, including flu shots, for free from your public health department.

nothing kitten? my, you seemed so outspoken just a moment ago...

here's a CDC overview of price to doctors from the manufacturers per dose:
CDC - Influenza (Flu) | Flu Season 2005-2006 - Influenza Vaccine Bulletin #3
Prices range from $11-25.

How much do you get charged for your flu shot? $15 to $20? Maybe less? Costco pharmacy, for example, just tries to break even each year.

Back what you say or don't bother saying it.

When I was in private practice, I would pay $12 for each dose of tetanus vaccine, and Medicaid would pay me $3.

The other $9 was just a gift from me.

will you take the regular flu shot....

Yes.

will you take the swine flu shot....

Yes.

will you give this shot to your kids....

Yes.

why?

So we don't get the flu.
Have you seen anyone yet with H1N1?

We have a sickle cell patient who I am very suspicious might have it (mid-20's, high fevers, flu-like illness); he came up negative on his flu swab, but a negative doesn't rule out the swine flu...

I sat in on an autopsy today of someone who had H1N1. The cause of death is unclear, and I won't go into anymore details.

At any rate, I'll get the regular flu shot, as I always do, and the swine flu shot if it's available.

Why? Because I believe in vaccination.

I sat in on an autopsy today of someone who had H1N1. The cause of death is unclear, and I won't go into anymore details.

Can't talk about it? I understand. Hush hush!

Rogue nurse, I'll bet. Potassium overdose. Maybe a pillowing...but that would cause too much of a struggle.

Of course, vaccines are always a gamble. They take the virus and have to put it through so many generations and mess with it, and hope they've chosen the one that will be widespread, and that by the time the vaccine comes out it hasn't mutated. It's also about timing....the reason the health authorities don't like to make the flu shots available too soon is that if they do, it's conceivable that the wild virus will mutate by the end of the season and ppl who are vaccinated could still get sick.

A big part of the reason why it's a gamble is that the flu vaccination is a combination of three serotypes of the flu. 2 flu A and 1 flu B. Since there are about a jillion serotypes of the flu, the three that go in the vaccination are the ones that the epidemiologists think will be problematic.

Sometimes they miss.

Still better than having no immunity.

Can't talk about it? I understand. Hush hush!

Rogue nurse, I'll bet. Potassium overdose. Maybe a pillowing...but that would cause too much of a struggle.

No, just didn't want to go into too much detail on the boards about a sensitive subject.

I've got an idea KK...why don't you focus on computers, and operating systems, and animations...and stay away from topics about which you have no fucking clue and are basing all of your opinions on wild guesses and suppositions.

You'll excuse me if I don't trust the people who were so interested in making a profit that my internal organs got fucked up twice and I was misdiagnosed three times, all because I wasn't smart enough to second guess them. Would you trust someone who causes you to such problems?

You'll excuse me if I don't trust the people who were so interested in making a profit that my internal organs got fucked up twice and I was misdiagnosed three times, all because I wasn't smart enough to second guess them. Would you trust someone who causes you to such problems?

No. I'd find another physician.

Forum List

Back