flu shots?

will you take the regular flu shot....

will you take the swine flu shot....

will you give this shot to your kids....

why or why not.

No, no, and I don't have any.

Everyone that I know that has *ever* gotten the flu shot, got the flu, or became otherwise ill within 2 weeks of getting it. I usually escape the flu, so I'll pass on the shot.

Besides, those needles are at least 3 feet long, and 1/2 inch in diameter, and that just really doesn't work for me. :scared1:

No sense flirting with disaster.

why or why not.

No, no, and I don't have any.

Everyone that I know that has *ever* gotten the flu shot, got the flu, or became otherwise ill within 2 weeks of getting it. I usually escape the flu, so I'll pass on the shot.

Besides, those needles are at least 3 feet long, and 1/2 inch in diameter, and that just really doesn't work for me. :scared1:

No sense flirting with disaster.

How old are you?

Flu shots all around. I had swine flu, don't need the vaccine (I think it's a nasal spray, not a shot). Will get it for the kids, though.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

why?

So we don't get the flu.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

why?

So we don't get the flu.
Have you seen anyone yet with H1N1?

We have a sickle cell patient who I am very suspicious might have it (mid-20's, high fevers, flu-like illness); he came up negative on his flu swab, but a negative doesn't rule out the swine flu...

ahhhhhhhhhh i just dont know...the guys refuse to take any flu shots....i work with the public....i take the pneumonia shot which is every 8 years or so....

i know a lot of it has to do with when you take the shot.....they do say around all saints eve is the best time.

No no and no.

The worst case of the flu I ever had was after I was vaccinated. The flu shot does not guarantee you will not get the flu. It's basically for weak-minded individuals so they can feel good about themselves. IMHO

I've never had any problem with flu shots. I haven't taken one in a few years, but will this year.

Used to make the guys do it as well.

Flu of any sort is risky with kids, so this year they're getting the shot.

ahhhhhhhhhh i just dont know...the guys refuse to take any flu shots....i work with the public....i take the pneumonia shot which is every 8 years or so....

i know a lot of it has to do with when you take the shot.....they do say around all saints eve is the best time.
I think they should get it out as early as possible. We've already had some cases in this area.

Our hospital has set up a new isolation procedure; they were going to put them in neg airflow rooms, but we don't have enough. So anyone entering the room will be required to wear goggles, respirator, gloves, gown.

'Course our floor doesn't have any goggles and only one box of respirators in stock *sigh*

No no and no.

The worst case of the flu I ever had was after I was vaccinated. The flu shot does not guarantee you will not get the flu. It's basically for weak-minded individuals so they can feel good about themselves. IMHO

But just think...you might have died if you hadn't had the shot. It might have been worse.

My mom's a nurse, and she swears by them. She says you might get sick, but they almost always will boost your immune system so though you get sick, you don't get AS sick.

Of course, vaccines are always a gamble. They take the virus and have to put it through so many generations and mess with it, and hope they've chosen the one that will be widespread, and that by the time the vaccine comes out it hasn't mutated. It's also about timing....the reason the health authorities don't like to make the flu shots available too soon is that if they do, it's conceivable that the wild virus will mutate by the end of the season and ppl who are vaccinated could still get sick.

No no and no.

No offense, but that is just stupid.

Other than the very last sentence, which he clearly stated was simply his own OPINION, what exactly is stupid about the rest?

No no and no.

Other than the very last sentence, which he clearly stated was simply his own OPINION, what exactly is stupid about the rest?

I was referring specifically to his last statement. However, the flu shot does NOT give one the flu. He's right that you may still come down with the flu, but it's not because of the vaccine.

I was referring specifically to his last statement. However, the flu shot does NOT give one the flu. He's right that you may still come down with the flu, but it's not because of the vaccine.

In my experience, you're more likely to come down with it if you get the shot, than if you don't. I'm not using 2-3 people as an example, either. I'm using pretty much everyone I know, including my employees. One of my girls got the shot last year, and was down within 3 days. She's never missed a singe day of work in over 2 years of working for me.

Your experience is typical of what a lot of people outside the health care community think. It's just fear. You aren't more likely to get the flu if you get the flu shot.

Forum List

Back