flu shots?

That means that you were infected with a virus, not the influenza virus.

Um ... yeah, whatever, each time I got sick when I was younger the next time had a much lower impact, when I got older I noticed I don't get sick as often or nearly as bad as others who get vaccines all the time. Seriously, your body adapts, that's the awesome part of the immune system, it learns.

You're right. The immune system is amazing.

But, I still doubt that you have had influenza A or B...unless you were tested and it was confirmed.

I've had actual *influenza* once, that I'm aware of. Not bad for never having the vaccine, and being in direct contact with hundreds of people every single day. I'll take my chances without. Like I said..everyone that I know (again, that's more than just a "couple" people) that's had that vaccine has gotten sick within 2 weeks of getting it.

Some of us are just funny that way.. We have no urge to pay to get sick. Can't imagine why.

The body really is a miraculous thing. If you don't run for a shot, or a pill every time you get the slightest little sniffle, or headache, you're not as likely to get sick as people who run to the doctor for every sneeze. That makes preemptive "sticks" just seem silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
the ole saying "you can fool most of us most of the time" evidently is true i wonder how much richer the drug company will get out of (the big flu scare)? they're already saying children will have to get two shots (CHA-CHING).

Children need it twice if it is their first exposure to the flu vaccination.

If you know anything about the human immune system, you will understand.

you notice how the medical feild takes up for drug companies.

Based on, knowing her and interacting with her on the net for what, five years or more?Nothing is 100%, that's true. As I said earlier, as soon as I was old enough to tell them "NO, thanks" I have done so.

Well I'm basing my opinion on the fact that she misread what I had written. Besides I like the word idiot and I probably do use it way too much. But it does tend to get people riled up and that's a plus. Oh and trust me I've been an idiot a time or two myself, just not lately. And I'm sure that's debatable as well.

Apologies to you (and others on this thread). I don't like to name-call. I shouldn't have said that to you.

Aww that was really sweet. Apology accepted along with mine for calling you an idiot. But I do like using that word.

I know, I know, I'm an idiot!

Well I'm basing my opinion on the fact that she misread what I had written. Besides I like the word idiot and I probably do use it way too much. But it does tend to get people riled up and that's a plus. Oh and trust me I've been an idiot a time or two myself, just not lately. And I'm sure that's debatable as well.

Apologies to you (and others on this thread). I don't like to name-call. I shouldn't have said that to you.

Aww that was really sweet. Apology accepted along with mine for calling you an idiot. But I do like using that word.

I know, I know, I'm an idiot!

Idiot.

:eusa_angel:

:lol: You're a doctor. Of course you're going to deny the power of the mind in wellness. If everyone learned it at an early age, we wouldn't need near as many doctors, potions, pills, procedures, all that rot.

On the contrary, I very much believe that the mind has a significant impact on wellness.

Anxious and depressed people oftentimes have far more illnesses than happy people. It's been proven over and over. (A specific example is in post-MI patients - those that are depressed have a significantly higher incidence of repeat heart attack. see: Post-Myocardial Infarction Depression: Structured Abstract)

However, I don't think one can will away an infection, if in fact you become infected.
Maybe that's the rub, never becoming infected to start with regardless of climate or contact with frail, sickly others of our race.

I don't pretend to know and understand all of the depths of the human mind -- the brain is an electro-chemical organ that we have really only rudimentary understanding of. There's no telling what it is really capable of -- few of us ever tap even a millionth of its abilities.

But there is no doubt of the power of the Pygmalion effect, as you have just illustrated to all of us.

I don't pretend to know and understand all of the depths of the human mind -- the brain is an electro-chemical organ that we have really only rudimentary understanding of. There's no telling what it is really capable of -- few of us ever tap even a millionth of its abilities.

with the brain being so marvelous, how can some think we evolved from a rock.

When I ever hear that exact theory I'll ask!

the ole saying "you can fool most of us most of the time" evidently is true i wonder how much richer the drug company will get out of (the big flu scare)? they're already saying children will have to get two shots (CHA-CHING).

Yet ... that's not what they are telling parents. :eusa_whistle:

What are "they" telling parents?

you notice how the medical feild takes up for drug companies.

No. The medical field bases their recommendations on the scientific and medical evidence. I could care less about any profits that the drug companies make...nor do I get paid any more or any less based on whether or not someone follows my recommendations.

When I ever hear that exact theory I'll ask!

just like pete (from old brother where art thou) says "that don't make no sense".

Yet ... that's not what they are telling parents. :eusa_whistle:

What are "they" telling parents?

The media is telling parents that it's:

One shot for older than 10.

Two shots for anyone under 10.

The doctor they had on the news said the same thing.

Yeah, I have the news on right now, it's all that is on right now ... bah! I hate being awake right now.

All the scurrying keeps Their minds occupied, away from all of the other Current Event Failures. Helps spend money too.

I had the season flu shot during our winter (spring now). I will be getting the H1N1 flu shot. No children but if I did they would be first in line before me and my wife for the H1N1 shots.

This isn't about ideology or profits, it's a basic health issue. Xotoxi is the medic and I'm not trying to be something I'm not but I do know how we get the influenza virus and I do know how (layperson level of knowledge) how it operates on us and I do know that both seasonal flu and H1N1 can be fatal, both to those with co-morbidities and those without. That's why I'll get vaccinated.

Son and I already had swine flu, but by some miracle daughter didn't get it. So she gets both, son and I get seasonal or both if the doc recommends it. Especially son, he's asthmatic. Flu + Asthma = BAD.

Forum List

Back