flu shots?

It has very little to do with the mind.
Therefore, the placebo effect is a myth? It's not, it's scientifically proven.

If you believe in the placebo effect, you also have to believe it works in the reverse, and it does.

Now, the placebo effect isn't 100% Nothing is. But instead of teaching kids to live in fear of disease, sickness, etc they should be teaching internal wellness.

Your mind DOES have the power to heal, and the power to ward off illness.

The placebo effect is real, generally accounts for 30% of "wellness", and has nothing to do with the spread or prevention of infectious disease.

You know, we have this thing called the "germ theory of disease".

I've got an idea KK...why don't you focus on computers, and operating systems, and animations...and stay away from topics about which you have no fucking clue and are basing all of your opinions on wild guesses and suppositions.

Because you end up looking like an idiot.

Just a friendly suggestion. :eusa_angel:

You'll excuse me if I don't trust the people who were so interested in making a profit that my internal organs got fucked up twice and I was misdiagnosed three times, all because I wasn't smart enough to second guess them. Would you trust someone who causes you to such problems?

I would not trust the individuals that caused the problem if in fact they acted negligently, however, I cannot comment any further as I do not know all the details. (And between you and me, I highly doubt that any physician made a substantial profit off of your case.)

But just as I do not owe black people an apology for my personal role in slavery, I do not owe you an apology for my personal role in your medical misadventures.

Are doctors not allowed to make a living? Everyone else in America can, but doctors have to break even?

I've got an idea KK...why don't you focus on computers, and operating systems, and animations...and stay away from topics about which you have no fucking clue and are basing all of your opinions on wild guesses and suppositions.

Because you end up looking like an idiot.

Just a friendly suggestion. :eusa_angel:

You'll excuse me if I don't trust the people who were so interested in making a profit that my internal organs got fucked up twice and I was misdiagnosed three times, all because I wasn't smart enough to second guess them. Would you trust someone who causes you to such problems?

No. I'd find another physician.

All three were different docs in different clinics, one I was too young to even stop seeing and that damage was the most severe and traumatic, because my mother listen to him. The last one was only a misdiagnosis because I had gotten smart and went for a second opinion.

will you take the regular flu shot....

will you take the swine flu shot....

will you give this shot to your kids....

why or why not.
I will get one for my son, I got him one last year and when I got a really bad flu bug he didn't get sick. He didn't really get sick at all last year except for croup but that was six months after he got the vaccine.
That reminds me I need to take him in this week.

why or why not.
I will get one for my son, I got him one last year and when I got a really bad flu bug he didn't get sick. He didn't really get sick at all last year except for croup but that was six months after he got the vaccine.
Is that him in the av? He's a cutie!!!

why or why not.

He looks like my son! How old is he?

why or why not.

He looks like my grandson LOL.

:eusa_eh:

why or why not.

He will be two on nov 25th!

Got my flu shot today.

Probably not. I guess others need it before I do.

Got no kids.

why or why not.
I get it because I have no insurance and I can't really afford to get sick.

I do have a fear of getting H1N1.
Do you have a fear of 5 gallon buckets? Those kill more people every year than H1N1. Do you have a fear of driving? Car crashes kill lots and lots more than H1N1.

C'mon!

Klingon Commander Akhil: How many things are there to fear?
Klingon Captain Krenn: I don't know, that's what scares me.
And Akhil took it as the joke it was intended.

I have a fear of losing my bukkit :D

But seriously - I'm really into risk management. Getting vaccinated reduces my chances of contracting Influenza A. I'll put my hand up for that. The flying bukkits and errant cars I will just have to manage when I come up against them, can't do much prevention there.

Guillain-Barre syndrome....

Is extremely rare, generally transitory, and caused by multiple types of antigenic stimulation, to include (ironically) the flu virus.

I beleive I said in GBS could occure in rare cases. But I may have overlooked that fact.

When I was a child, I had GBS. My physicians related it to immunizations I'd recently had for school. As a result, I never took another immunization and I'm also ineligible for the flu shot.

it doesnt matter anymore....i started getting sick....yesterday.....i am sicker today and will be sicker tomorrow....

me too, but its not the swine flu its a stuffy nose thing (maybe its mold/mildew alergies from it being so wet here this year)

Bones my finger might actually have an infection....5 weeks later its still sore...i know wrong thread but i dont feel like bumping up bloody mess thread.

It has very little to do with the mind. It has to do wtih genetics, your immune system, God's grace and what you're routinely exposed to.

And what you react to. I've seen men who don't even notice they're sick until they literally are on their backs and can't move. They will not admit they are sick.

Allie, stress plays a very important role in determining your immune system strength. If you spend so much time worrying about getting sick, your immune system strength is likely to decline, which would open you up for a bigger possibility of getting symptoms if you're infected with a flu virus.

Lots of people will get the virus, and never show symptoms, just carry it in incubation. So what MM was saying is true. If you stress out over it, you may weaken yourself to the point that an incubated virus becomes active and affects you negatively.

Lots of people will get the virus, and never show symptoms, just carry it in incubation.

which is why immunizing children not only decreases sickness in pediatric patients, but geriatric patients as well. it's not nice to give grandma bugs.

Forum List

Back